User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post
    And 95% of that emotion is anger :P
    Ha ha!

Regardless of emotion, it does tend to manifest with strength.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Ha ha!

Regardless of emotion, it does tend to manifest with strength.
    I wonder what that other 5% is though. Maybe my numbers were skewed.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post
    I wonder what that other 5% is though. Maybe my numbers were skewed.
    Difficult to say what you're experiencing with the 5% but unhappy times do go away, once you get to a place of independence. Then, the 95% can be positive emotions manifesting part of the time or a relative calm, most of the time.

Disclaimer: Impatience is nigh impossible to lose, although some of the observable rough edges will smooth out a bit with time.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Disclaimer: Impatience is nigh impossible to lose, although some of the observable rough edges will smooth out a bit with time.
    Yeah, sure they will. Just kidding. I have actually seen this in action with ENTJ's. A couple of them that I know, as they've gotten older, have sort of stopped voicing their frustration/anger. You can still see that they are perturbed but instead of voicing it, they choose to "keep the peace". Is it hard for ENTJ's to do this - to not say anything? And what if you had to do it constantly in a work environment or in a marriage, would it become depressing to shut down Te? I know it would be hard for me to abandon Ti for any length of time.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Yeah, sure they will. Just kidding. I have actually seen this in action with ENTJ's. A couple of them that I know, as they've gotten older, have sort of stopped voicing their frustration/anger. You can still see that they are perturbed but instead of voicing it, they choose to "keep the peace". Is it hard for ENTJ's to do this - to not say anything? And what if you had to do it constantly in a work environment or in a marriage, would it become depressing to shut down Te? I know it would be hard for me to abandon Ti for any length of time.
    lol. Losing your temper isn't Te, it's a lack of self-control.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Note the word observable? It's there for a reason!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    lol. Losing your temper isn't Te, it's a lack of self-control.
    Note the word observable? It's there for a reason!
    OK, I obviously phrased my question wrong. Let me try again. If someone close to you who you interact a lot with (a spouse and/or co-worker, etc.) is constantly telling you that you're too critical, too bossy, too harsh, too blunt (or any number of other things that T-doms get criticized for) and you then choose to stop doing those things in a given situation to appease them or to cooperate with their request, does it make you feel cut off or stunted, like you can't be yourself?

I have an ESTJ family member who is sometimes told that he's too critical, too this, too that, too "T". So, he'll "behave nicely" for a time (according to the other people's request), but he sort of loses his personality when he does that. It's like his best asset has been taken away from him for a time.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

OK, I obviously phrased my question wrong. Let me try again. If someone close to you who you interact a lot with (a spouse and/or co-worker, etc.) is constantly telling you that you're too critical, too bossy, too harsh, too blunt (or any number of other things that T-doms get criticized for) and you then choose to stop doing those things in a given situation to appease them or to cooperate with their request, does it make you feel cut off or stunted?
    Depends on whether they have an objective point or it's the point on the top of their heads. If it's the former, action isn't necessary so Te will back off. If it's the latter, I wouldn't bother trying to appease them.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah, sure they will. Just kidding. I have actually seen this in action with ENTJ's. A couple of them that I know, as they've gotten older, have sort of stopped voicing their frustration/anger. You can still see that they are perturbed but instead of voicing it, they choose to "keep the peace". Is it hard for ENTJ's to do this - to not say anything?
    Eh, that would apply to average level ENTJ 8s. This would differ from say, an ENTJ 3 - they do it tactfully if they're frustrated. That being said they way that they express their anger isn't mentioned here so it's hard to gauge -- but the first thing that comes to mind is an ENTJ 8.

And what if you had to do it constantly in a work environment or in a marriage, would it become depressing to shut down Te? I know it would be hard for me to abandon Ti for any length of time.
    Of course it will be depressing! Sitting around doing nothing productive is a good way to kill off a Te-dom.
    C#2-C#5-F#5

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Depends on whether they have an objective point or it's the point on the top of their heads. If it's the former, action isn't necessary so Te will back off. If it's the latter, I wouldn't bother trying to appease them.
    ^^^^ thisssss
    C#2-C#5-F#5