• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] The Official ENTP Haters' Thread

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ Man this sucks. Hardcore.

Must be some underground ENTJ female activists organisation, who try to lure ugly mean into thinking they are hot by stealing their pants and then to poison them with a toxin that is affiliated over the male leg hair.

I should have listened to my gay soccer friends and shaved my legs -.-

That is a completely plausible idea!

Thankfully, I shave!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well another intresting idea we could discuss is, why my socks smell like several dead animals + bean farts, tho I wore em only one day ?

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?
Hateable: ENTPs ALWAYS LOSE THEIR PANTS! (oh, wait...:wubbie:)

Okay... their clothing spontaneously changes color based on their mood, and they won't tell me how.
Curses.

Of course, this also could just be a plot to get you to think that this is what I want you to do, when the reality is just the opposite - oh there I go again!

Reason for ENTJs to hate themselves: when others realize they're constantly plotting, it's easy to get them in a complete Te/Ni lock as they debate which tactic is actually going to be used against them. Because this would work this way, but then that would do that, however, it would lead to this effect, but that would seize that up, and I want this to happen, so this strategy would fall within this aspect of the plan, but counteract this one, which would completely contradict the other action, which also falls within the scope of what I want...

:hi: Regimented procedural thinking is way too much fun to derail - too bad I feel like crap every time I do it.

Te/Ni is not a lock, it is the way of the world. (It is also making me want to point out that I know that's not true. Damn.)

ENTP (actually most Ne): telling you something you already know, and being surprised that you've considered it before the official "hand of truth" has revealed it. Honestly, most of the time these tidbits are just not worth considering unless the crazy guy brings it up.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Happily eats granny apple with yoghurt is displaying sadness and feels betrayed.

^ punches pats sadly, in empathy.

Well another intresting idea we could discuss is, why my socks smell like several dead animals + bean farts, tho I wore em only one day ?

I have no idea, and I dunno if my attention span is long enough for me to entertain that haha

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ENTP (actually most Ne): telling you something you already know, and being surprised that you've considered it before the official "hand of truth" has revealed it. Honestly, most of the time these tidbits are just not worth considering unless the crazy guy brings it up.

I told everyone for all my life now that Michael Jackson is gonna die and when he did I shouted out "Ohhh surrrpiiissseee" and they started hitting me.

You have to explain that "they already knew what you were gonna say combo" to me once in more detail, I need that ability too :D

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Okay, I'll play but only for a few minutes (I can predict I'll be distracted after a few).

I don't hate ENTPs, I :heart: several and two here I would consider friends (you know who you are).

In real life, I've come across a few who are also really fun, adventurous and incredibly smart people. Yet, somehow their interactions with people seem to be less than completely honest. The lack of honesty isn't motivated by malevolence. On the contrary, they are very kind.

Yet, whether with a romantic interest or a friend, they seem to be unable to express the other person's fault clearly when in conflict. They will almost always present whatever the issue is as their own fault and walk away or find a solution that only involves them changing their behavior or attitude. The person at the receiving end, if self aware will consider this a cop out and if not self aware may actually believe that they had no role in the conflict at all.

Do you do this? Why do ENTPs resolve conflict in this manner? Is it just to avoid hurting the other person's feelings? Isn't honesty important, especially in friendship? In my own conflict processing, I think that the other person and I can both learn from the conflict and our roles. If I don't share what I thought the other person's role was, they'll never learn from it and vice versa, hence we're both worse off. Sometimes, I fear, as a result that I don't know what my ENTP friends *really* think about things. I prefer straightforwardness in all relationships and the ENTPs seem to do this just fine except when a conflict emerges and they may have to say something unsavory.

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?
I told everyone for all my life now that Michael Jackson is gonna die and when he did I shouted out "Ohhh surrrpiiissseee" and they started hitting me.

You have to explain that "they already knew what you were gonna say combo" to me once in more detail, I need that ability too :D

You can always trust a perceiver to be random. And it's not as if your friends didn't consider the possibility that MJ was gonna keel over, it's just that most of them probably disagreed with the immediate probability.

Also, it's just fun to hit you guys. So punchable! Ask your comrades. :D

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I don't hate ENTPs, I :heart: several and two here I would consider friends (you know who you are).
I know who I am, does that make us friends? Could I borrow your car?

Yet, whether with a romantic interest or a friend, they seem to be unable to express the other person's fault clearly when in conflict. They will almost always present whatever the issue is as their own fault and walk away or find a solution that only involves them changing their behavior or attitude.
Maybe your friends are solipsists at heart.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm sure amarg should show about with something to say about how them enfp are the real cool kids and oh, there's also peguy and his ritualistic desire to see me skinned alive and calling me a troll when all he does is basically posting about how much he hates me (fun, i know!) or something like that, could be entertaining.
a bunch of infp saying that we hurt their feelings and are hard to understand

and the list/show goes on

Oooo.... getting warmer. ;)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Okay, I'll play but only for a few minutes (I can predict I'll be distracted after a few).

In real life, I've come across a few who are also really fun, adventurous and incredibly smart people. Yet, somehow their interactions with people seem to be less than completely honest. The lack of honesty isn't motivated by malevolence. On the contrary, they are very kind.

Yet, whether with a romantic interest or a friend, they seem to be unable to express the other person's fault clearly when in conflict. They will almost always present whatever the issue is as their own fault and walk away or find a solution that only involves them changing their behavior or attitude. The person at the receiving end, if self aware will consider this a cop out and if not self aware may actually believe that they had no role in the conflict at all.

Do you do this? Why do ENTPs resolve conflict in this manner? Is it just to avoid hurting the other person's feelings? Isn't honesty important, especially in friendship? In my own conflict processing, I think that the other person and I can both learn from the conflict and our roles. If I don't share what I thought the other person's role was, they'll never learn from it and vice versa, hence we're both worse off. Sometimes, I fear, as a result that I don't know what my ENTP friends *really* think about things. I prefer straightforwardness in all relationships and the ENTPs seem to do this just fine except when a conflict emerges and they may have to say something unsavory.

It's the way of the Jedi. They want the receiving end to find out on their own what they themselves saw. Its an open invitation for stimulated thought about a given issue and it would be brilliant if the other one would join in.

You are right tho about the conflict thing in for example relationships. I am more likely to run away like a hurt child. But if I do and never come back, I really hadnt loved then.

You can always trust a perceiver to be random. And it's not as if your friends didn't consider the possibility that MJ was gonna keel over, it's just that most of them probably disagreed with the immediate probability.

Also, it's just fun to hit you guys. So punchable! Ask your comrades. :D

Whatever you call fun Captain, the world is your oyster :)

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I know who I am, does that make us friends? Could I borrow your car?

I can't trust that you do know yourself just because you say so. Evidence would be necessary. The car is off limits. Perhaps we can start with something small first - say, an old hairbrush and then move on to larger objects.

Maybe your friends are solipcists at heart.

What is the link between being an ENTP and a solipsist then? Why would the solipsism only appear in the event of a personal conflict?

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I can't trust that you do know yourself just because you say so. Evidence would be necessary. The car is off limits. Perhaps we can start with something small first - say, an old hairbrush and then move on to larger objects.
So.. that's how you treat your friends.
Man, enfps are cold :cry:

'

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

It's because I consider most problems to be my fault, since I should have known better.

I also know that I am responsible for my own growth, so when there is a conflict, I try to think of where I went wrong and what I could have done differently. The other adult should do the same - I'm not their mother.

EDIT: Like Ent said above, it's nice when the other party learns the value of personal responsibility and contributes to the dialogue.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Most people simply assume, to protect their own ego that the other party is at fault to an extent, wether or not its the case. Take the classic example of the ex who suddently has a billion cons, and every friend who knew him or her suddently get all 'yes she/he didn't deserve you balbalbal'. That's just, childish.

The fact is, that you cannot change other people, but you can change yourself, so its the best solution for personal growth and not an attempt to beat ourselves up. Now if the other party is also at fault and just takes my saying that i'm at fault as a get out of jail free card its their own problem. Ofc, if i find them to be dishonest in those matters, they might fall down on my respectometer, but i'm not going to try to change them, they're adults and should be able to decide what they want to become.