• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] The Official ENTP Haters' Thread

SlytherinD

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
8w7
I'll hate on myself a little I'm a cold conceited snake and I don't know what appropriate even means.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTPs are usually pretty easy to spot on social media. They're those people who have some weird movie character's face as their profile picture and regularly post about their backward extremist views. They typically find entertainment in political memes, videos of disabled children injuring themselves, and (for some strange reason) pictures of feces.

The worst thing about ENTPs is how they seem to always think they're in the top tier of the social hierarchy when, in reality, pretty much everyone else views them as outcasts who probably live in a basement.

Their insults are so generic. There are four of them: butthurt, oversensitive, childish, and whiny. Like, that's it. These insults apply to anyone who has slightly liberal/progressive views, is going through a difficult time in life, is/has been suicidal, or calls them out on being complete dickwads.

Of course, I'm sure all ENTPs don't fit this stereotype. I've never met one who didn't, though.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTPs are usually pretty easy to spot on social media. They're those people who have some weird movie character's face as their profile picture and regularly post about their backward extremist views. They typically find entertainment in political memes, videos of disabled children injuring themselves, and (for some strange reason) pictures of feces.

The worst thing about ENTPs is how they seem to always think they're in the top tier of the social hierarchy when, in reality, pretty much everyone else views them as outcasts who probably live in a basement.

Their insults are so generic. There are four of them: butthurt, oversensitive, childish, and whiny. Like, that's it. These insults apply to anyone who has slightly liberal/progressive views, is going through a difficult time in life, is/has been suicidal, or calls them out on being complete dickwads.

Of course, I'm sure all ENTPs don't fit this stereotype. I've never met one who didn't, though.

So to clarify your criteria for ENTPs:

A (ultra, hyper, archaic?) conservative coprophiliac

A prediliction for memes, child abuse, and obscure avatars

A wildly disproportionate sense of social self worth, and probable basement dwellers

Generic childish revilers with potential NPD, Sadism, Psychopath tendencies.

I realise how flippant I am coming across but this really is the most amazing stereotyping I have ever seen. But what is even more amazing is that you presumably know several people like this (One person is chance, two is coincidence, three is a pattern). In what possible demographic circles do you run in; that this is a common combination? It is blowing my mind that you could possibly know more then one person like this.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So to clarify your criteria for ENTPs:

A (ultra, hyper, archaic?) conservative coprophiliac

A prediliction for memes, child abuse, and obscure avatars

A wildly disproportionate sense of social self worth, and probable basement dwellers

Generic childish revilers with potential NPD, Sadism, Psychopath tendencies.

I realise how flippant I am coming across but this really is the most amazing stereotyping I have ever seen. But what is even more amazing is that you presumably know several people like this (One person is chance, two is coincidence, three is a pattern). In what possible demographic circles do you run in; that this is a common combination? It is blowing my mind that you could possibly know more then one person like this.

Facebook MBTI groups, dude. Never again :')

foxonstilts

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
3w8
Most internet ENTPs are people exploding with their insecurity and trying to fit the stereotype. I have no feelings and am an internet troll WOW LOOK AT HOW WACKY AND UNIQUE I AM OOPS SORRY.

IT WAS JUST A PRANK BRO.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Facebook MBTI groups, dude. Never again :')
Anything couldn't be more superficial. Blatant mistyping. Stupidest arguments. Boring drama. Mean and odd people. I'm going to have to say it, but seriously some losers there come to mind.

Ah I understand those are terrible...... but I didn't realise they were that awful.
Oh and being a mod for one of them? Totally regret it.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anything couldn't be more superficial. Blatant mistyping. Stupidest arguments. Boring drama. Mean and odd people. I'm going to have to say it, but seriously some losers there come to mind.

Oh and being a mod for one of them? Totally regret it.

I wonder if we were ever in one of the same groups, because that's a perfect description :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

What is a backward extremist view ?

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
New ENTP demographic: that annoying ultra-conservative guy from high school who was always starting debates but was somehow impossible to dislike.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Choose your audience with that Ne sometimes. Sometimes you all take it too far with the wrong person. Also you can disagree without being disrespectful :)

Libra_Rising

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Hello. I'm new to the forum.

I'm an ENTP/Inventor/Visionary and I probably only had 3 ENTP friends in my lifetime. I tend to attract mostly Introverted Feeling types of people, as most of my friends are INFP or INFJ. I think it's because out of all the MBTI types, ENTP are the most socially malleable and emotionally flexible, combined with the necessity for rational thinking and decision making. We're very aware and in tuned with the external environment, because we do want to understand what's going on in the world, we tend to care about others (probably far more than any T types by far). The Feeling types tend to take a softer view of me and feel comfortable telling me their feelings and their shortcomings. I don't make harsh or critical judgement calls, so many people feel safe giving me information that they probably would not volunteer with others.

I'm not sure where the one poster got that ENTP people live in their parents' basement. When I was in high school, I lived in my parents' pool house :happy2: Besides, California doesn't have houses with basements, and if there are some, they're very few. As an adult, I lived in houses with lots of other students and I had roommates I lived with in apartments during my college days. When I was married, I lived with my husband, and more recently, I live alone in my apartment. I'm not sure how the heck anyone could say an Extrovert Thinker would bother slumming it in their parents' basement because that sounds much more like an Introverted Thinker. I'm pretty social, as I think ENTP people tend to be social and outgoing. I think introverted people tend to view ENTP as giving off the impression of being a party animal (we aren't), but we do enjoy the company of others. I like dinner parties and entertaining others.

Ideologically and practically, I am a pragmatist, despite being able to fluidly understand abstract concepts and articulate them to the world in a concrete manner. I'm usually pretty patient towards others, which is probably why I attract so many Feeling types to come over and talk to me. For me, it's very important to have a concept that manifests in the concrete world. If something doesn't manifest in the material plane well, then it doesn't work, and although I'm not dismissive, it is not valuable to me (at least not in the immediate).

Although Feeling types aren't rational people, I tend to prefer them over Thinking types, simply because Feeling types are more considerate and it is easier to reach to them on a human level. Even though I am a Rational, I still value the importance of how people effect our lives, which is actually a pragmatic stance. People are individuals and have different quirks, and we have to live in society, so no one is really a deserted, isolated "island."

The type that I really dislike is INTJ... yes, another Rational. INTJ is the worst because they're smug, stubborn, and have borderline-like and narcissistic personality traits that I find to be absolutely objectionable. What's worse is that they purposely go out of their way to alienate other people and love tooting on their own horns about how "perfect" their thinking and made up structure/framework/values are. The best they can come up with are rigid, abstract ideas that hold little sway in reality. This is different than INTP, who are also extremely annoying because they're so out of touch with reality, but INTP people do try to be somewhat social and they don't go on an insulting spree, unlike INTJ.

I suppose that summed things up. I guess if there's a lot of ENTP haters out there, then that proves how fabulous we really are :smile::wubbie:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
... Although Feeling types aren't rational people ...
Feeling and thinking are both rational/judging functions. Unless you were talking about rational as in logical, in which case... oh :p

Libra_Rising

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Feeling isn't rational. You may utilize that function to make judgements or perceptions, but it's still NOT rational. Emotions aren't based upon facts, but come from within and independent of any concrete information. You feel the way you just because you do. There's no real basis behind feelings, whereas thoughts and ideas will eventually be tested on the material plane to test the limitations. Thoughts are dictated by factual reality, whereas, feelings have no structure or boundaries to verify validity.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Feeling isn't rational. You may utilize that function to make judgements or perceptions, but it's still NOT rational. Emotions aren't based upon facts, but come from within and independent of any concrete information. You feel the way you just because you do. There's no real basis behind feelings, whereas thoughts and ideas will eventually be tested on the material plane to test the limitations. Thoughts are dictated by factual reality, whereas, feelings have no structure or boundaries to verify validity.

I meant in the typology sense--that F/T are both Je/Ji (rational) and S/N are both Pe/Pi (irrational) but yeah I see what you mean. Though I think feelers are just as necessary as thinkers in the world, I appreciate both of them.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
ENTPs are satan himself!
:cry:

- - - Updated - - -

Kidding. I cried a little though.