User Tag List

First 7475556575859 Last

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    I got bored at "Thanks!", reading from bottom up. You'll have to summarize if you want me to pay attention. Highlight key sentences in bold or something.
    Ummm... or you could read it. It'll take you five minutes, max.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    ur right, puppies are vital for the survival of the human race. Oh god, I can see the light now!
    Why would you want survival for the human race aren't all races meant to finish at some point. I know racing snowmobiles would get old if it never ended. damnitt I want to see the finish of the human race it should be exciting.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Guess it has to do in the end a lot with the person behind the type.

I hate the stereotypical views like "they like to argue or playing devils advocate". I neither like any of the two.

I think the wish to argue is a general thing of insecure people. Because if you trust in yourself, you dont have to constantly argue about your viewpoint.

The wish to debate on the other hand is something you must like. Like in the politics forums, where people debate all the day, but not doing anything practical.

So I am neither a fan of debate or arguing, but I'll admit, if I am drunk I like to behave like a martyr. I have to change that.

Wouldn't insecure people be less likely to argue? If I have an opinion I'm gonna say it like it or not at least I don't worry what other people think.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    true, thanks
    Haha I'd agree to that except I do care about 5 people regularly and a 6th when im dating someone.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ed111 View Post
    One man's 'funny guy' is another's 'annoying twat'. No offence...
    Haha that made me literally cry at work I was laughing so hard.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Here's my issue with ENTPs. I get seriously annoyed, because it feels like even the most innocuous comment can get made into a knock-down drag out over what's generally a side issue. Then when in said argument, it never gets resolved because the ENTP will pick at tangents ad infinitum without ever really seeming to hear the other persons point. It is infuriating to me when this happens. The corollary to this being ENTPs (or actually NTPs period) always being the first to shit on someone elses effort to do something while they rarely if ever actualize half of the things they come up with.

The second issue I have is that for all their hypercritical tendencies when it comes to someone elses idea, they are never wrong. Ever. You are wrong, as it turns out. Or misunderstood them. Or arent smart enough to appreciate the deeper meaning of whatever theyve said. Or whatever. If youre going to talk mess, then you should be able to take it in stride when it comes back to you.

I like ENTPs. I think that theyre all the good things people say about them, but I hate how needlessly reactionary they seem to be be to just about everything.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

That's really funny, because I sincerely feel that way about xNTJs... It feels like xNTJs are quick to dismiss and then attack a person's intelligence or character, rather than the argument. I'm not saying this to be argumentative - I'm genuinely shocked, and it's interesting to hear your point of view. Either way, I guess it depends on the person in question... *shrugs*

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    That's really funny, because I sincerely feel that way about xNTJs... It feels like xNTJs are quick to dismiss and then attack a person's intelligence or character, rather than the argument. I'm not saying this to be argumentative - I'm genuinely shocked, and it's interesting to hear your point of view. Either way, I guess it depends on the person in question... *shrugs*
    Unfortunately I feel like you and I have had interactions that reflect both sides of this. Im not going to deny that ENTJs can be very callous in an argument, particularly a heated one. If I dont actively check myself, I turn into a drone in "big picture mode": there's a point, all action moves towards or away from that point, anything that encourages action away from the point is deeply agitating and must be neutralized. In other words, if what is to be gained from something as draining as a debate isnt of sufficient value, Ill curtail it. Its dismissive, but its more a comment on the idea than the person. If I say "This is the dumbest idea Ive ever heard" then I mean just that.

I still dont get why ENTPs feel the need to pick at minutia and drag them out to begin with though.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, they're emotionally shallow and primitive creatures. Oh, wait, that applies to humanity in general. Never mind, I don't hate ENTPs specifically, I just hate people overall.
    Arcanadigm
    Likes Dyslexxie liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Then why waste time here in the first place? I would like not to waste so much time here myself.
    Evidently the forum holds something of value for me. A lot of people here have interesting ideas. Nothing is more important than learning new ideas.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I could say plenty that I have not said, but what's the point? What good will it serve other than to further fuel this drain on precious time and energy?
    I think people are free to say whatever they want. As I stated in my initial post I dislike when a person finds a need to criticize an idea on grounds that have little to do with the merit of the idea, or if people use debate for no reason other than debates sake rather than a genuine disagreement with the opposing side. I think debate should be an exchange of ideas rather than a way to show how intelligent you are. The later purpose is a waste, and something I sense occasionally when having a discussion with ENTPs.

All the same, I believe that what prompts an ENTP to debate or criticism is different than what motivates NTJs. I dont understand so basically have assumptions at this point. Im more than open to clarification though.

This after you intentionally push my buttons again. Why would you do that? To make me angry? You know what I could say about that. I don't have to say anything myself. The action speaks for itself.

You having some kind of a flashback here, bud?