User Tag List

First 39474849505159 Last

Results 481 to 490 of 653

  1. #481
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    OneMoreTime - cliff notes?
    I had a bit of a rough weekend and needed to vent a bit. This seemed like a good context.

  2. #482
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    I had a bit of a rough weekend and needed to vent a bit. This seemed like a good context.
    It's all good, but I had a long day and couldn't read the whole thing. Can you give a general synopsis?

  3. #483
    Senior Member BlahBlahNounBlah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Suffering might not be the right characterization, as pain is something to be worked through. A constant frustration and annoyance at the things you have to put up with from others, on the other hand, does tend to stick with me.

    We like people. We enjoy being around people. We're told all our lives to "be ourselves", and see others enjoying each other's company nearly effortlessly. We want to have a ton of interesting friends, and learn something new from them every day.

    We've also been constantly told that our impulsivity is a huge problem, and that we're so bright, but if only we'd just apply ourselves (a completely alien concept). When not matching up to someone's completely arbitrary standard, we're told that we're just not trying hard enough (like you can scale the level of effort?). Our education system is only conducive to our learning style at very rare moments (where we pull out all stops), and the rest of the time, we're stuck with dull memorization of uninteresting subjects that weren't explained well to us at all (math as a process? really?).

    We're confused to learn early on that our love of learning and talking about what we've learned are not shared by many people early on, and then conflicted further when we find out it's not very socially acceptable - this conflict lasts our entire lives in certain environments. Our great ideas are seen as strange and random by people who never comprehend that we've skipped a few steps in our heads, or intuitively noticed a connection that might not be immediately apparent.

    We discuss, debate and challenge in order to learn, and are horribly confused when people take things seriously. Emotional reactions to everything completely flabbergast us, and we can't help but thinking that these reactions tend to be horribly selfish, as we retreat when emotional so as to not bother anyone with it. We're always the jerks if not constantly monitoring emotional states, and for a long time, the falseness of social conventions completely disgusts us, even as we comply with reservations. People love to question our decisions, seem to want to knock us down a peg, and grow resentful when it's proven correct, because 90% of the time it is correct.

    We get to know people. We acquire large groups of friends. We don't necessarily hang out with a good percentage of those, since they're just the same as the rest of humanity in a different wrapper, and they've got nothing to offer us in the way of novelty, intrigue or stimulation. This is seen as cold and uncaring, as we're just supposed to enjoy others' company, even as their dullness rots at our brains. Our best friends, we're loyal to until the end. We go out of our way to find cool gifts and make meaningful gestures to demonstrate how we feel, and yet get in crap for forgetting holidays and birthdays. And yet, we still feel alienated, as it's so rare for us to experience the connection that seems immediately apparent between others.

    In love with logic and rationale, and employing its use whenever possible to understand the world, people are inclined to think of us as heartless know-it-alls, moreso than the introverted types, as we actually try to interact with others and exercise our talents out of the sheer joy of it. Sometimes, they pick up on that joy and join the party - while we wonder if they're being sincere or laying it on thick. Relationships are a never ending sequence of meeting someone, and panicking as others start clinging so damn quickly. We don't even know these people yet, and the ones we do know and love have something against our enjoying each other physically, even though it brings such pleasure and expresses our feelings so well.

    Still though, none of this really gets us down, because we truly think tomorrow will be better, because we have control of the future. No matter what, if we follow our noses, we'll either find our passion, or receive the recognition (no, understanding is the better word) that we've been looking for our entire life, or make that impact that will truly indicate that our time on Earth was worthwhile. People say we're selfish; perhaps, the problem is that we're particularly self-aware



    I heard you and understood.

  4. #484
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Oh dang, I read it. I should have read it sooner. Much props.
    Thank you.

    We discuss, debate and challenge in order to learn, and are horribly confused when people take things seriously.
    people love to question our decisions, seem to want to knock us down a peg,
    Man, you get a gold star.

  5. #485
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    - We like people and want to be around them. We perceive this to be effortless in others.

    - Our natural impulsivity is seen as problematic by society. We don't "try hard enough". School is boring because it doesn't appeal to us

    -Lifelong learning is not shared by all. Loving to learn things isn't socially acceptable. "You're so random"

    -We like arguing. People get upset by this. Maudlin reactions appear selfish to us. We're called jerks if not constantly Fe-ing. Followers of conventions we revile. People wanting to show us up, and then being resented because it rarely happens.

    -Large groups of friends, very few close ones. Limit contact because of boring similarities in people. This is mean; we're just supposed to enjoy people's company, even as it irritates us

    -Endlessly loyal to best friends. Thoughtful when inspired, but forgetful of ritual, leading to strife. Still never feel connected to others like it appears with other people.

    -We like logic. Others think we have no feelings. We enjoy using our talents. It's great when others share in our joy.

    -Relationships are short and constantly fluctuating. Quick clinging scares the shit out of us. Close friends of appropriate sex seen as potential friends with benefits, we wonder why most recoil at the thought.

    -We push on because tomorrow will be better, because we'll make it that way. We believe we'll find satisfaction eventually. Perceived selfishness is self-awareness, or the conflict between the rich inner Ti world and the Ne outer allure

  6. #486
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    I can't believe you actually summed it up for me! (even though I already read it)
    You are amazing.

  7. #487
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I can't believe you actually summed it up for me! (even though I already read it)
    You are amazing.
    It's much more understandable in that form anyway, and much less loaded with personal complexes and emotional baggage. Besides, you pointed out something very important - we're the type that tl,dr was invented by.

    Thanks for the praise, I appreciate y'all's comments.

  8. #488
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    We discuss, debate and challenge in order to learn, and are horribly confused when people take things seriously. Emotional reactions to everything completely flabbergast us, and we can't help but thinking that these reactions tend to be horribly selfish, as we retreat when emotional so as to not bother anyone with it. We're always the jerks if not constantly monitoring emotional states, and for a long time, the falseness of social conventions completely disgusts us, even as we comply with reservations. People love to question our decisions, seem to want to knock us down a peg, and grow resentful when it's proven correct, because 90% of the time it is correct.
    Some say we enjoy proving people wrong, but I debate because I want to learn the opposing point of view. If someone said they are competent and make claims about something, they better have evidence to prove they are correct. Nothing pisses me off more than people making claims without evidence. I really just want to learn the truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime
    In love with logic and rationale, and employing its use whenever possible to understand the world, people are inclined to think of us as heartless know-it-alls, moreso than the introverted types, as we actually try to interact with others and exercise our talents out of the sheer joy of it. Sometimes, they pick up on that joy and join the party - while we wonder if they're being sincere or laying it on thick. Relationships are a never ending sequence of meeting someone, and panicking as others start clinging so damn quickly. We don't even know these people yet, and the ones we do know and love have something against our enjoying each other physically, even though it brings such pleasure and expresses our feelings so well.
    I am not a know-it -all and don't claim to be one. However I absolutely hated people are wrong about something, but seem proud of portraying false ideas as facts. Only then do I poke holes in their argument and prove them wrong.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  9. #489
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Some say we enjoy proving people wrong, but I debate because I want to learn the opposing point of view. If someone said they are competent and make claims about something, they better have evidence to prove they are correct. Nothing pisses me off more than people making claims without evidence. I really just want to learn the truth.



    I am not a know-it -all and don't claim to be one. However I absolutely hated people are wrong about something, but seem proud of portraying false ideas as facts. Only then do I poke holes in their argument and prove them wrong.
    *edit: just realizes he's in the wrong thread* Wow, that's interesting, I wouldn't quite go so far to say that I hate it when people make false claims. I think I want what everyone wants, and that is the truth, unbiased information (I'm pretty certain that nobody wants to hear incorrect information)
    5 3 9

  10. #490
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    I know what he's saying. It's the whole "don't feed me crap and tell me it's chocolate" thing. You can tell me something that's obviously bullshit, and I'll likely call you out on it, but if you say it's better that I just accept the BS for what it is, that's when the gloves come out.

    Unfortunately, I think a lot of people would rather hear incorrect information if it confirms their view of reality, boosts their ego, or smooths out the social situation. I think we get in trouble because we genuinely try to help others in this situation, and they really don't want our help.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] The Official INTJ Haters' Thread
    By TheLastMohican in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 420
    Last Post: 05-15-2017, 02:12 PM
  2. [INTJ] The Official INTJ Hunters' Thread
    By Ming in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 01-12-2015, 11:21 PM
  3. [INTP] The Official INTP Haters' Thread
    By groovejet02 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 331
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 08:42 PM
  4. The Official Funny Picture Thread...
    By Samvega in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 04:41 PM
  5. [ISTJ] The Official ISTJ Fanclub Thread
    By RansomedbyFire in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 11:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO