User Tag List

First 38464748495058 Last

Results 471 to 480 of 653

  1. #471
    Senior Member BlahBlahNounBlah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    On some level I feel for you guys as I am afraid the above two may be true. You guys are not the norm. The more of you watch, the more consistant message of life not being simple permeates. I'd say some of you guys suffer but that would be me being presumptious and making potentially incorrect judgements about what you may or might be feeling, thus could be very flawed and highly incorrect.

    You are kind of like misunderstood aliens, who mostly mean well, but good lord you can wreck havoc. If you could would you form an ENTP borg collective? Just think, you could be attached to ThatGuy forever...

    Someone became quite angry with me recently, yelling and screaming about how:

    - I don't take anything seriously.

    - I don't take myself seriously.

    - Everyone on the planet should be issued a warning about becoming involved with me.

    - I don't even care enough to get angry at this person for saying these things to me.


    My reaction---> :-|




    Then the person told me my parents were to blame for my being the way I am:

    My reaction--->



    The person apologized for blaming my parents. Then I went back to:

    :-|



    And made a decision to give this person time to chill out before hanging out with them again.



    I'm not sure what any of this means.

  2. #472
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    You are kind of like misunderstood aliens, who mostly mean well, but good lord you can wreck havoc. If you could would you form an ENTP borg collective? Just think, you could be attached to ThatGuy forever...
    I guess it needs an old man with a long white beard to tell people wise things. but let it be an entp for a change: We are everything, but aliens
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  3. #473
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I guess it needs an old man with a long white beard to tell people wise things. but let it be an entp for a change: We are everything, but aliens
    dont be offended please. Not aliens in a bad way at all-just very different perspective. Life is not easy for you guys. You guys are rare yet extrovereted and out there and end up sometimes running counter to the established order.

    and blah-tell them to fuck off and just be true to what you are.

  4. #474
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    dont be offended please. Not aliens in a bad way at all-just very different perspective. Life is not easy for you guys. You guys are rare yet extrovereted and out there and end up sometimes running counter to the established order.

    and blah-tell them to fuck off and just be true to what you are.
    I am not offended and as I told you, we aint aliens. Just because everyone agrees with your opinion doesnt mean that you aint different aswell
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  5. #475
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    On some level I feel for you guys as I am afraid the above two may be true. You guys are not the norm. The more of you watch, the more consistant message of life not being simple permeates. I'd say some of you guys suffer but that would be me being presumptious and making potentially incorrect judgements about what you may or might be feeling, thus could be very flawed and highly incorrect.

    You are kind of like misunderstood aliens, who mostly mean well, but good lord you can wreck havoc. If you could would you form an ENTP borg collective? Just think, you could be attached to ThatGuy forever...
    Suffering might not be the right characterization, as pain is something to be worked through. A constant frustration and annoyance at the things you have to put up with from others, on the other hand, does tend to stick with me.

    We like people. We enjoy being around people. We're told all our lives to "be ourselves", and see others enjoying each other's company nearly effortlessly. We want to have a ton of interesting friends, and learn something new from them every day.

    We've also been constantly told that our impulsivity is a huge problem, and that we're so bright, but if only we'd just apply ourselves (a completely alien concept). When not matching up to someone's completely arbitrary standard, we're told that we're just not trying hard enough (like you can scale the level of effort?). Our education system is only conducive to our learning style at very rare moments (where we pull out all stops), and the rest of the time, we're stuck with dull memorization of uninteresting subjects that weren't explained well to us at all (math as a process? really?).

    We're confused to learn early on that our love of learning and talking about what we've learned are not shared by many people early on, and then conflicted further when we find out it's not very socially acceptable - this conflict lasts our entire lives in certain environments. Our great ideas are seen as strange and random by people who never comprehend that we've skipped a few steps in our heads, or intuitively noticed a connection that might not be immediately apparent.

    We discuss, debate and challenge in order to learn, and are horribly confused when people take things seriously. Emotional reactions to everything completely flabbergast us, and we can't help but thinking that these reactions tend to be horribly selfish, as we retreat when emotional so as to not bother anyone with it. We're always the jerks if not constantly monitoring emotional states, and for a long time, the falseness of social conventions completely disgusts us, even as we comply with reservations. People love to question our decisions, seem to want to knock us down a peg, and grow resentful when it's proven correct, because 90% of the time it is correct.

    We get to know people. We acquire large groups of friends. We don't necessarily hang out with a good percentage of those, since they're just the same as the rest of humanity in a different wrapper, and they've got nothing to offer us in the way of novelty, intrigue or stimulation. This is seen as cold and uncaring, as we're just supposed to enjoy others' company, even as their dullness rots at our brains. Our best friends, we're loyal to until the end. We go out of our way to find cool gifts and make meaningful gestures to demonstrate how we feel, and yet get in crap for forgetting holidays and birthdays. And yet, we still feel alienated, as it's so rare for us to experience the connection that seems immediately apparent between others.

    In love with logic and rationale, and employing its use whenever possible to understand the world, people are inclined to think of us as heartless know-it-alls, moreso than the introverted types, as we actually try to interact with others and exercise our talents out of the sheer joy of it. Sometimes, they pick up on that joy and join the party - while we wonder if they're being sincere or laying it on thick. Relationships are a never ending sequence of meeting someone, and panicking as others start clinging so damn quickly. We don't even know these people yet, and the ones we do know and love have something against our enjoying each other physically, even though it brings such pleasure and expresses our feelings so well.

    Still though, none of this really gets us down, because we truly think tomorrow will be better, because we have control of the future. No matter what, if we follow our noses, we'll either find our passion, or receive the recognition (no, understanding is the better word) that we've been looking for our entire life, or make that impact that will truly indicate that our time on Earth was worthwhile. People say we're selfish; perhaps, the problem is that we're particularly self-aware

  6. #476
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    We get to know people. We acquire large groups of friends. We don't necessarily hang out with a good percentage of those, since they're just the same as the rest of humanity in a different wrapper, and they've got nothing to offer us in the way of novelty, intrigue or stimulation. This is seen as cold and uncaring, as we're just supposed to enjoy others' company, even as their dullness rots at our brains. Our best friends, we're loyal to until the end. We go out of our way to find cool gifts and make meaningful gestures to demonstrate how we feel, and yet get in crap for forgetting holidays and birthdays. And yet, we still feel alienated, as it's so rare for us to experience the connection that seems immediately apparent between others.
    +1 Well put.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  7. #477
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    OneMoreTime - cliff notes?

  8. #478
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    sorry onemoretime,

    I think.. it may be a language barrier on a massive scale. Thatguy put it best when he said you are viewed through society's lens-or somthing like that. So much of what you do gets misread, misunderstood, misinterpreted. You guys do odd shit to try and fit with society's rules and you just kinda get screwed.

    Some of you guys get really fucking destructive trying to pull this off.

    self-aware? is that the correct term?

  9. #479
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    Some of you guys get really fucking destructive trying to pull this off.
    I am gonna say it for the third and last time.

    ENTPs are not alien, nor do they try to be.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  10. #480
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    don't worry, Ne monster. i get what you're saying.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] The Official INTJ Haters' Thread
    By TheLastMohican in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 420
    Last Post: 05-15-2017, 02:12 PM
  2. [INTJ] The Official INTJ Hunters' Thread
    By Ming in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 01-12-2015, 11:21 PM
  3. [INTP] The Official INTP Haters' Thread
    By groovejet02 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 331
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 08:42 PM
  4. The Official Funny Picture Thread...
    By Samvega in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 04:41 PM
  5. [ISTJ] The Official ISTJ Fanclub Thread
    By RansomedbyFire in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 11:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO