User Tag List

First 37454647484957 Last

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I can't stand smug 'out of touch with their feelings' ENTPs who fake the funk.
    Sure, they need to grow up. Still, it's easy to fall into this path when no one's understood your way of looking at the world your entire life.

But I heart grown up ENTPs. Especially with well developed Fe who do *not* fake the funk.
    That's our biggest challenge.

ENFPs and ENTPs are in an epic cat and mouse dance.

The truth is, some of you get on my damn nerves like crazy with your undeserved arrogance, your socially inept and even intentional rudeness (it's not cute to anyone but you), your self-absorption, your refusal to take personal responsibility for your actions, your shocking inability to take other people's feelings into account (really? you're Ne dom??) and like some of your INTP brethren your reliance on 'but it's logical' to back up whatever just as arbitrary personal belief system or opinion that you've created for yourself.
    What if there weren't any sort of dance at all? That would require trying, and it would get boring really quickly.

I wonder, is it arrogance, or is it high expectations of those we care about? Is it taking care to explain exactly what we're thinking because it's often hard to translate into English (not because it's so great or anything, but because we often don't think very linguistically)? Is it because if someone doesn't step in and break the eggs, the omelet will never get made, because no one wants to get egg white all over their hands? Is it possibly because we've gone through our entire lives with the only people understanding how we think being ourselves, and others ascribing motivations that are either non-existent or insulting? Is it because we see how many factors convene in a given situation, and want to explore all of them before just having to shoulder the blame again (because we're the jerks and are always at fault for everything)? Is it because oftentimes, what is called "others' feelings" is simply a self-defense mechanism for not having to take responsibility or culpability in a situation (which we're certainly guilty of as well)? Is it because logic is so important to us, and that we're giving you an opportunity to critique that logic with an aim toward personal growth?

Oh the fact though that you get away with so much unnaceptable behavior because non ENXPs buy into your arrogance or are intimidated with how mean or capable you can be or that damn Fe wing that comes in and saves the day at the last minute - that drives me crazier!!!
    Are you sure that this is the case? Is it just because that sometimes things working without regard to it can be as important as emotional impact, and others respect it? There's a reason people think differently - society needs different people to play different roles. Are you sure that it's just coming in to bail us out, or that perhaps, shockingly, that we do have emotions?

Oh yeah, insert here how one of my besties is an ENTP female - and yoga teacher!!! How you like them apples!??!!
    We do tend to have multifaceted interests - especially in areas that work without us really knowing why

But even you really annoying ENTP females get a grudging pass from me because whatever woman is a pain in the ass to the male kind gets a mini-vote from me. LOL.
    It confuses me when I see these sorts of critiques. I understand that our actions can be emotionally charged in a way that isn't immediately apparent to us, but there's this underlying current that we're doing it on purpose specifically to hurt you, and like many of us on this site have noted, this couldn't be further from the truth. This applies to both ENTPs and men in general.

Wouldn't it just be easier to point out what we're doing, and leave it there? I'm not saying we won't get defensive; that's often out of the window unless it's done right. What I am saying is that we won't ever disregard your thoughts forthrightly. There is a world inside our heads that we explore fairly regularly (Ne + Ti will do that every time). It's just that we may not express this process outwardly, so when our behavior seems to shift radically, others think it's just being erratic, when it's actually the internalization of an external process.

MBTI
    INTJ

I never met an ENTP in real life as far as I know, but
    I really like the videos of them on youtube.
    I could laugh at you guys all day long.
    You have a rare combination of being both extroverted and intelligent.
    I think everyone should be like that more or less.
    Even when an ENTP disagrees with me and make sarcastic comments at me,
    I find it very amusing and not offensive at all.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post

How about iNtPs?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Have I told the world lately how much I heart INTJs?

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    How about iNtPs?
    Yeah, they're aiiight. But not ready to romp with the big boys (and girls).

MBTI
    INTJ

How about iNtPs?
    I didn't want to say anything negative, but since you asked, I do find some INTP's annoying, but some are OK.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

I didn't want to say anything negative, but since you asked, I do find INTP's annoying. I hate their nitpicking. I dislike how they philosophize far too much without getting anywhere. I hate how they primarily want to shoot down other people's ideas without contributing anything of value themselves. Sometimes they make very harsh insults which are just purely offensive, not funny. I think I've been treated like a dumbass and harshly insulted by INTP's on usenet newsgroups even though I have a high IQ and did not say anything bad. INTP's seem to make up excuses for treating everyone like a dumbass, and not in any kind of amusing way.
    Have you met any irl?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Have you met any irl?
    Doesn't matter. You guys are annoying.

annoyingly AWESOME!

MBTI
    entp

I find it ... not offensive at all.
    k im sorry, ill try harder

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Just start watching Richard Feynman's videos. You'll be stuck there for hours, and wondering how the hell you learned so damn much.

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    4.2? hulllo! $10 for every 10 seconds with minimum 10 seconds....thank you very much

cant help it...Fe is antsy l'il shit...needs to get fed
    I guess you're worth 10 bucks, just barely. Do I have to pay extra if ZI bring the bunnies.

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    i was gonna say that with entps its hard to know or call them these things because you are unaware of their objectives and motivations.

but then i realized that wouldn't matter because this is how YOU perceive him and perception of the world is what matters in everyday affairs regardless of the motivations behind his (entps') action
    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Sure, they need to grow up. Still, it's easy to fall into this path when no one's understood your way of looking at the world your entire life.
    Is it possibly because we've gone through our entire lives with the only people understanding how we think being ourselves, and others ascribing motivations that are either non-existent or insulting? Is it because we see how many factors convene in a given situation, and want to explore all of them before just having to shoulder the blame again (because we're the jerks and are always at fault for everything)? .
    On some level I feel for you guys as I am afraid the above two may be true. You guys are not the norm. The more of you watch, the more consistant message of life not being simple permeates. I'd say some of you guys suffer but that would be me being presumptious and making potentially incorrect judgements about what you may or might be feeling, thus could be very flawed and highly incorrect.

You are kind of like misunderstood aliens, who mostly mean well, but good lord you can wreck havoc. If you could would you form an ENTP borg collective? Just think, you could be attached to ThatGuy forever...