User Tag List

First 30383940414250 Last

Results 391 to 400 of 653

  1. #391
    Senior Member Galusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I told everyone for all my life now that Michael Jackson is gonna die and when he did I shouted out "Ohhh surrrpiiissseee" and they started hitting me.

    You have to explain that "they already knew what you were gonna say combo" to me once in more detail, I need that ability too
    You can always trust a perceiver to be random. And it's not as if your friends didn't consider the possibility that MJ was gonna keel over, it's just that most of them probably disagreed with the immediate probability.

    Also, it's just fun to hit you guys. So punchable! Ask your comrades.

  2. #392
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    I don't hate ENTPs, I several and two here I would consider friends (you know who you are).
    I know who I am, does that make us friends? Could I borrow your car?

    Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    Yet, whether with a romantic interest or a friend, they seem to be unable to express the other person's fault clearly when in conflict. They will almost always present whatever the issue is as their own fault and walk away or find a solution that only involves them changing their behavior or attitude.
    Maybe your friends are solipsists at heart.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  3. #393
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I'm sure amarg should show about with something to say about how them enfp are the real cool kids and oh, there's also peguy and his ritualistic desire to see me skinned alive and calling me a troll when all he does is basically posting about how much he hates me (fun, i know!) or something like that, could be entertaining.
    a bunch of infp saying that we hurt their feelings and are hard to understand

    and the list/show goes on
    Oooo.... getting warmer.

  4. #394
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    Okay, I'll play but only for a few minutes (I can predict I'll be distracted after a few).

    I don't hate ENTPs, I several and two here I would consider friends (you know who you are).

    In real life, I've come across a few who are also really fun, adventurous and incredibly smart people. Yet, somehow their interactions with people seem to be less than completely honest. The lack of honesty isn't motivated by malevolence. On the contrary, they are very kind.

    Yet, whether with a romantic interest or a friend, they seem to be unable to express the other person's fault clearly when in conflict. They will almost always present whatever the issue is as their own fault and walk away or find a solution that only involves them changing their behavior or attitude. The person at the receiving end, if self aware will consider this a cop out and if not self aware may actually believe that they had no role in the conflict at all.

    Do you do this? Why do ENTPs resolve conflict in this manner? Is it just to avoid hurting the other person's feelings? Isn't honesty important, especially in friendship? In my own conflict processing, I think that the other person and I can both learn from the conflict and our roles. If I don't share what I thought the other person's role was, they'll never learn from it and vice versa, hence we're both worse off. Sometimes, I fear, as a result that I don't know what my ENTP friends *really* think about things. I prefer straightforwardness in all relationships and the ENTPs seem to do this just fine except when a conflict emerges and they may have to say something unsavory.
    It's the way of the Jedi. They want the receiving end to find out on their own what they themselves saw. Its an open invitation for stimulated thought about a given issue and it would be brilliant if the other one would join in.

    You are right tho about the conflict thing in for example relationships. I am more likely to run away like a hurt child. But if I do and never come back, I really hadnt loved then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galusha View Post
    You can always trust a perceiver to be random. And it's not as if your friends didn't consider the possibility that MJ was gonna keel over, it's just that most of them probably disagreed with the immediate probability.

    Also, it's just fun to hit you guys. So punchable! Ask your comrades.
    Whatever you call fun Captain, the world is your oyster
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  5. #395
    Allergic to Mornings ergophobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I know who I am, does that make us friends? Could I borrow your car?
    I can't trust that you do know yourself just because you say so. Evidence would be necessary. The car is off limits. Perhaps we can start with something small first - say, an old hairbrush and then move on to larger objects.


    Maybe your friends are solipcists at heart.
    What is the link between being an ENTP and a solipsist then? Why would the solipsism only appear in the event of a personal conflict?

  6. #396
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    I can't trust that you do know yourself just because you say so. Evidence would be necessary. The car is off limits. Perhaps we can start with something small first - say, an old hairbrush and then move on to larger objects.
    So.. that's how you treat your friends.
    Man, enfps are cold

    '
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  7. #397
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    Okay, I'll play but only for a few minutes (I can predict I'll be distracted after a few).

    I don't hate ENTPs, I several and two here I would consider friends (you know who you are).

    In real life, I've come across a few who are also really fun, adventurous and incredibly smart people. Yet, somehow their interactions with people seem to be less than completely honest. The lack of honesty isn't motivated by malevolence. On the contrary, they are very kind.

    Yet, whether with a romantic interest or a friend, they seem to be unable to express the other person's fault clearly when in conflict. They will almost always present whatever the issue is as their own fault and walk away or find a solution that only involves them changing their behavior or attitude. The person at the receiving end, if self aware will consider this a cop out and if not self aware may actually believe that they had no role in the conflict at all.

    Do you do this? Why do ENTPs resolve conflict in this manner? Is it just to avoid hurting the other person's feelings? Isn't honesty important, especially in friendship? In my own conflict processing, I think that the other person and I can both learn from the conflict and our roles. If I don't share what I thought the other person's role was, they'll never learn from it and vice versa, hence we're both worse off. Sometimes, I fear, as a result that I don't know what my ENTP friends *really* think about things. I prefer straightforwardness in all relationships and the ENTPs seem to do this just fine except when a conflict emerges and they may have to say something unsavory.
    It's because I consider most problems to be my fault, since I should have known better.

    I also know that I am responsible for my own growth, so when there is a conflict, I try to think of where I went wrong and what I could have done differently. The other adult should do the same - I'm not their mother.

    EDIT: Like Ent said above, it's nice when the other party learns the value of personal responsibility and contributes to the dialogue.

  8. #398
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Most people simply assume, to protect their own ego that the other party is at fault to an extent, wether or not its the case. Take the classic example of the ex who suddently has a billion cons, and every friend who knew him or her suddently get all 'yes she/he didn't deserve you balbalbal'. That's just, childish.

    The fact is, that you cannot change other people, but you can change yourself, so its the best solution for personal growth and not an attempt to beat ourselves up. Now if the other party is also at fault and just takes my saying that i'm at fault as a get out of jail free card its their own problem. Ofc, if i find them to be dishonest in those matters, they might fall down on my respectometer, but i'm not going to try to change them, they're adults and should be able to decide what they want to become.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  9. #399
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    This one is with the force !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  10. #400
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    - I'm not their mother.
    *drops flowers and chocolates in the sewers*
    *run away in the rain crying*
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] The Official INTJ Haters' Thread
    By TheLastMohican in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 420
    Last Post: 05-15-2017, 02:12 PM
  2. [INTJ] The Official INTJ Hunters' Thread
    By Ming in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 01-12-2015, 11:21 PM
  3. [INTP] The Official INTP Haters' Thread
    By groovejet02 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 331
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 08:42 PM
  4. The Official Funny Picture Thread...
    By Samvega in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 04:41 PM
  5. [ISTJ] The Official ISTJ Fanclub Thread
    By RansomedbyFire in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 11:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO