User Tag List

First 20282930313240 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    I meant this post as how the world sees the ENTP and not how ENTPs see the world...in the first part anyway. When I started quoting, I just started having fun.
    I should have made that clear in the beginning.
    yea I wanted to change "the worlds" perception through an explanation.

From an ENTP perspective, of course its never about being the smartest (unless thats what makes you keep going but that NEVER happens)...but that is how the world usually perceives it. ENTPs are just looking to have a real world backing of their ideas...see if they make sense to anyone else. The ideas are too complicated for the real world (dont mean to make ENTPs sound smart like that but others just DONT see the connections) and the ENTP comes off as a complete jackass. OR the people do follow the ideas and now the ENTP is brilliant.
    I think that depends. A lot of mine subliminal messaging in posts for example, should describe things from my past and experience I have made. So you are basically right about the testing the others thing. I want, by doing so, to find people, who equally share a similar sense for wisdom then I do.

I know thats not fair to treat people and it is in fact no way for me to sort people out or do something. The fact is, I dont evaluate anyone. I dont talk about people behind their backs and I quite rarely talk about myself, initially and want everybody to listen.

You are right about the "coming off as a jackass thing", but I have to say, maybe this is where finally an overall NT-ness can be experienced in the entp. Because most of the times, I dont want to start personal conversations with people.

It is a unique thing, only inherited by a few select individuals in the world, to be able to talk with some grace and a dash of style and I am really into those people, because most of the times, if they have the wisdom to understand, they also wont hurt me, if I open up to them. (Its something like a compability check)

This thing though and you are right about that, is a totally personal thing to me. As a grownup entp, one should be able to talk to everyone on a decent level of conversation and one should be able aswell to enter into a clear and interpretational free private conversation with someone, one likes.

I needed some time to learn that, but frequent conversations with people showed me the rules and therefore maybe this is something coming with age.

Ok fine. Smartness, in the sense of the word, can't be applied, but intelligence can. If its applied in a combo with hard work, great things can be achieved. Most ENTPs, at least the ones I have daily interaction with, have a fairly strong P and need to be able sit their ass down and do what they are supposed to do (apply hard work + smartness)...instead they lazy around all day doing everything that could be done later and nothing that needs to be done now. By using human will, I meant that they need to consciously realize they are procrastinating and need to get themselves to sit down and do some work. Again, they are smart enough to realize, but not motivated enough to do it. Use will power.
    You are right about that again. Suffice it do say, I did overcome this. I had a phase in life I was doing nothing for a year, besides smoking pot and talking shit but that phase is over now. I nowadays already reached some things personally and work-relatedly with my abilities and I think I can put them to good use.

I have no solution for entps, who lack that attitude though. I am no psychologist. I will have again phases in my life, where I will fuck work and do again what I want, haphazardly screwing everything I build up until then. And I know one of these phases will be my undoing, the one that will have circumstances I could not have planned for. But I cant change that, its me.

yeah, this is a problem I have seen in ENTPs...but it could prolly be worked on...how bout this:
    you must have a really strong Ti...thinking too much.
    let your Ne flourish for a lil bit...

put yourself in controlled situations...getting lost in the middle of an unknown block with(out) a map and finding your way back...talking to a random stranger and trying to pin their type...doing something different, changing the routine will prolly make you very happy.
    Well your advice is nice, but its not applicable to myself. There is more beyond it, but dont be mad at me, if I say I am not ready to open up in such a way for you yet .

-----------

I will remember your critique in upcoming posts and try to maintain a casual level with you. I understood your criticism and will give it further thought. So I hope that is noted
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    yea I wanted to change "the worlds" perception through an explanation.

I think that depends. A lot of mine subliminal messaging in posts for example, should describe things from my past and experience I have made. So you are basically right about the testing the others thing. I want, by doing so, to find people, who equally share a similar sense for wisdom then I do.

I know thats not fair to treat people and it is in fact no way for me to sort people out or do something. The fact is, I dont evaluate anyone. I dont talk about people behind their backs and I quite rarely talk about myself, initially and want everybody to listen.

You are right about the "coming off as a jackass thing", but I have to say, maybe this is where finally an overall NT-ness can be experienced in the entp. Because most of the times, I dont want to start personal conversations with people.

It is a unique thing, only inherited by a few select individuals in the world, to be able to talk with some grace and a dash of style and I am really into those people, because most of the times, if they have the wisdom to understand, they also wont hurt me, if I open up to them. (Its something like a compability check)

This thing though and you are right about that, is a totally personal thing to me. As a grownup entp, one should be able to talk to everyone on a decent level of conversation and one should be able aswell to enter into a clear and interpretational free private conversation with someone, one likes.

I needed some time to learn that, but frequent conversations with people showed me the rules and therefore maybe this is something coming with age.

You are right about that again. Suffice it do say, I did overcome this. I had a phase in life I was doing nothing for a year, besides smoking pot and talking shit but that phase is over now. I nowadays already reached some things personally and work-relatedly with my abilities and I think I can put them to good use.

I have no solution for entps, who lack that attitude though. I am no psychologist. I will have again phases in my life, where I will fuck work and do again what I want, haphazardly screwing everything I build up until then. And I know one of these phases will be my undoing, the one that will have circumstances I could not have planned for. But I cant change that, its me.

Well your advice is nice, but its not applicable to myself. There is more beyond it, but dont be mad at me, if I say I am not ready to open up in such a way for you yet .

-----------

I will remember your critique in upcoming posts and try to maintain a casual level with you. I understood your criticism and will give it further thought. So I hope that is noted

awsome...and dont worry, im not known to take things personally either...i just go rambling till something hits home

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Is it just me or does anyone want to see ThisGuy and ThatGirl have a conversation?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Pleasantly existential, yes no?

*looks around* Where IS she when I want to summon her?! *imperial tantrum*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

yes existential thats a good way to put it . I first of all thought he is ENTJ but then I found out

From an ENTP perspective, of course its never about being the smartest (unless thats what makes you keep going but that NEVER happens)...but that is how the world usually perceives it. ENTPs are just looking to have a real world backing of their ideas...see if they make sense to anyone else. The ideas are too complicated for the real world (dont mean to make ENTPs sound smart like that but others just DONT see the connections) and the ENTP comes off as a complete jackass. OR the people do follow the ideas and now the ENTP is brilliant.
    i disagree with this. I want to see my ideas work in tyhe real world, i really don't care if people believe in them or not. as for looking for someone looking fort evidence in the real world to back their ideas, this is more intj.

Ok fine. Smartness, in the sense of the word, can't be applied, but intelligence can. If its applied in a combo with hard work, great things can be achieved. Most ENTPs, at least the ones I have daily interaction with, have a fairly strong P and need to be able sit their ass down and do what they are supposed to do (apply hard work + smartness)...instead they lazy around all day doing everything that could be done later and nothing that needs to be done now. By using human will, I meant that they need to consciously realize they are procrastinating and need to get themselves to sit down and do some work. Again, they are smart enough to realize, but not motivated enough to do it. Use will power.

I do not believe we are the most intelligent type, InTx are way smarter than us. I believe the greatest strength i have is putting the impossible to practice.

Will power has nothing to do with being J or P. P's give up when they see there is no point in persisiting, and they will try something else another day.
    That does not mean P's give up easily.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by untypable View Post
    i disagree with this. I want to see my ideas work in tyhe real world, i really don't care if people believe in them or not. as for looking for someone looking fort evidence in the real world to back their ideas, this is more intj.
    maybe thats cuz i haven't seen a lot of initiative-backed ideas coming from within...ideas are there but time, labour, possible legal issue...etc make life too complicated...that'll prolly change from today onwards but as of right now, thats the status of things

real world evidence bit:
    all that means, i think, is that you are a well developed ENTP. your functions are developed enough for you to trust them completely. not true for all ENTPs, especially if they (we) are recovering from a major setback...Ne goes nuts (usually a good thing) but Ti is like the run-away bride (second guessing aka over-thinking everything)

I do not believe we are the most intelligent type, InTx are way smarter than us. I believe the greatest strength i have is putting the impossible to practice.

Will power has nothing to do with being J or P. P's give up when they see there is no point in persisiting, and they will try something else another day.
    That does not mean P's give up easily.
    i don't know if we are the smartest or not but we are definitely not dumb. all i was saying is if we combine hard work + intelligence, we can do anything. obviously this is common to mankind in general, but ENTPs do hold certain advantage in that we have an uninhibited imagination...hope you see where im coming from...

every J i know gets their work done way before the deadline while im just starting the assignment the t-x [1] , maybe t-2x before the deadline which is on t day. using my will power, i COULD have forced myself to start and complete the assignment without any regard to the deadline. so its not about what will power has to do with J or P, but rather how to improve on whats obviously adding a negative aspect to my life.

got nothing to do with 'giving up'...hell if i like something, ill usually end up going to the end of the world to get it

[1] x meaning 1 unit of time before i start to feel REALLY pressured about the deadline

real world evidence bit:
    all that means, i think, is that you are a well developed ENTP. your functions are developed enough for you to trust them completely. not true for all ENTPs, especially if they (we) are recovering from a major setback...Ne goes nuts (usually a good thing) but Ti is like the run-away bride (second guessing aka over-thinking everything)

i don't know if we are the smartest or not but we are definitely not dumb. all i was saying is if we combine hard work + intelligence, we can do anything. obviously this is common to mankind in general, but ENTPs do hold certain advantage in that we have an uninhibited imagination...hope you see where im coming from...

every J i know gets their work done way before the deadline while im just starting the assignment the t-x [1] , maybe t-2x before the deadline which is on t day. using my will power, i COULD have forced myself to start and complete the assignment without any regard to the deadline. so its not about what will power has to do with J or P, but rather how to improve on whats obviously adding a negative aspect to my life.

got nothing to do with 'giving up'...hell if i like something, ill usually end up going to the end of the world to get it

[1] x meaning 1 unit of time before i start to feel REALLY pressured about the deadline
    Don't wish you are a J, thisguy. Trust me, being a P is much better.
    P does not stqqand for procrastination alone, it stands for flexibility, improvisation, believing you will reach your goal and only the sky is the limit, and most importantly, beleive in randomness. Randomness is very powerful in this world. Life is not like in shcool or university, there is no deadline in making your dream come true.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    entp

Don't wish you are a J, thisguy. Trust me, being a P is much better.
    P does not stqqand for procrastination alone, it stands for flexibility, improvisation, believing you will reach your goal and only the sky is the limit, and most importantly, beleive in randomness. Randomness is very powerful in this world. Life is not like in shcool or university, there is no deadline in making your dream come true.

true...J doesn't sound too exciting.

i just wish i could force myself to procrastinate a lil less. its weird though...technically, im doing it right now...but im not wasting my time. im increasing my understanding of human social interactions. only bad part is i should be sleeping right now.

but then thats an issue that i need to deal with