• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] The Official ENTP Haters' Thread

Qre:us

Is this superiority in the sense of winning the argument?

Imo, I think it's superiority in terms of a wall of defense. Like, Ta-na-na-na..can't touch this. Hammer Time! :banana: (when, they're really rubber inside)

If they are inherently emo/value based isnt their emo state an integral part of the argument potentially?

Why? Can't we talk of values without inducing personalized emotions?

If so it seems as thought the noise would be essential to get the full picture...?

For me, I have very low threshold for noise in a conflict situation....give me HEAVY METAL style noise when it's just fucking around, being silly, and I'll scream with ya, but, when the aim is in working towards a resolution to conflict, I get irritated when people don't stay on topic (bring in random, barely related events/stuff) and convolute the matter more.

sculpting

Why? Can't we talk of values without inducing personalized emotions?

I can talk about abstract values, theories and such-but my personal values? I'd have to be very careful and logically pick them out. I could debate my old grad school buddy about most anything-say how to treat the mentally ill abortion, or a if we should feed homeless people and so on. But if it was an argument about something specific I did or said it might be really messy to tease apart. Although I am still unclear on values vs emo, so I may be useless here.

bunnies DUH!

black entps with red eyes...that only happens in movies

no fuzzy entps? what are you...not a feeler?!

Oh, you are onto me. I prefer to climb fuzzy entps like trees. I just bury my hands in the fur, latch on and climb up thier back... It keeps my hands warm in the winter time. It's always good to have something to grab onto for leverage....

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Oh, you are onto me. I prefer to climb fuzzy entps like trees. I just bury my hands in the fur, latch on and climb up thier back... It keeps my hands warm in the winter time. It's always good to have something to grab onto for leverage....

:ohmy:

hands warms? they are called gloves lady!! stop using entps for your personal benefit.
ENTP ABUSE!

:1377:

sculpting

:ohmy:

hands warms? they are called gloves lady!! stop using entps for your personal benefit.
ENTP ABUSE!

:1377:

Dude. YOU KNOW THEY LIKE IT.

well I guess it does depend on which patch of fur is currently being put to use....

personal benefit? more likely entertainment!

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
but it's kinda cold here.... Can't I snuggle up with your tertiary Fe for the next 4.2 seconds? We could bring in some bunnies too....

4.2? hulllo! $10 for every 10 seconds with minimum 10 seconds....thank you very much

cant help it...Fe is antsy l'il shit...needs to get fed

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I can talk about abstract values, theories and such-but my personal values? I'd have to be very careful and logically pick them out. I could debate my old grad school buddy about most anything-say how to treat the mentally ill abortion, or a if we should feed homeless people and so on. But if it was an argument about something specific I did or said it might be really messy to tease apart. Although I am still unclear on values vs emo, so I may be useless here.

Our personal values are very simple. It's a series of questions. They are as follows:

Is this right?
Does this make sense?
Will I be able to handle this when I wake up tomorrow? (the one other types characterize as "will I be able to live with myself tomorrow?")
Does this harm me?
Does this harm anyone else?
If I were in their shoes, would I want them to do this to me?

That's it. Those are our personal values. They're impersonal as all hell, and that's why I'm fairly confident that I'm not making a huge generalization here - because there's no need for them to shift from person to person. They apply to practically every situation imaginable, and can inform fairly solid decision-making.

Of course, what may be interpreted as emotional pain is often one of these questions going haywire (such as when you're wrong when you think otherwise, when a situation has all of a sudden become nonsensical, when a task balloons to unforseen proportions, when inadvertent harm comes from your actions, and when you succumb to baser instincts, like the reproductive instinct, the one that gets us in trouble most often).

That's why it's very easy for us to discuss these things without becoming too emotional - if any emotion comes, it's an activation of the Fe feeling of connection with the other person for having shared this information.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Our personal values are very simple. It's a series of questions. They are as follows:

Is this right?
Does this make sense?
Will I be able to handle this when I wake up tomorrow? (the one other types characterize as "will I be able to live with myself tomorrow?")
Does this harm me?
Does this harm anyone else?
If I were in their shoes, would I want them to do this to me?

Confirming this list.

And when the situation is uncertain, it comes down to pros vs. cons.

Does it help more than it harms? / Does it harm more than it helps?

DaRick

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, I did meet one ENTP. He wasn't really a great guy, though. Some of his traits:
- Intelligent
- Able to do well without studying sometimes
- Undermotivated and lazy
- Extremely pretentious
- Temperamentally unpredictable (sometimes he was nice, sometimes not)
- Tended to back-stab
- Narcisisstic
- Was fairly unpopular
- Had a superficial charm and class that could attract girls
- Was sometimes helpful

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
I wish I knew ENTP's IRL. They sound awesome! *smug grin*

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
- Extremely pretentious
- Temperamentally unpredictable (sometimes he was nice, sometimes not)
- Tended to back-stab
- Narcisisstic

i was gonna say that with entps its hard to know or call them these things because you are unaware of their objectives and motivations.

but then i realized that wouldn't matter because this is how YOU perceive him and perception of the world is what matters in everyday affairs regardless of the motivations behind his (entps') action

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
it's funny...it doesn't matter how much grief ENTPs cause me I still can't seem to hate them as much as I should.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I can't stand smug 'out of touch with their feelings' ENTPs who fake the funk.

But I heart grown up ENTPs. Especially with well developed Fe who do *not* fake the funk.

ENFPs and ENTPs are in an epic cat and mouse dance.

The truth is, some of you get on my damn nerves like crazy with your undeserved arrogance, your socially inept and even intentional rudeness (it's not cute to anyone but you), your self-absorption, your refusal to take personal responsibility for your actions, your shocking inability to take other people's feelings into account (really? you're Ne dom??) and like some of your INTP brethren your reliance on 'but it's logical' to back up whatever just as arbitrary personal belief system or opinion that you've created for yourself.

Oh the fact though that you get away with so much unnaceptable behavior because non ENXPs buy into your arrogance or are intimidated with how mean or capable you can be or that damn Fe wing that comes in and saves the day at the last minute - that drives me crazier!!!

Oh yeah, insert here how one of my besties is an ENTP female - and yoga teacher!!! How you like them apples!??!!

But even you really annoying ENTP females get a grudging pass from me because whatever woman is a pain in the ass to the male kind gets a mini-vote from me. LOL.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Hahaha, CzeCze - that was adorable. But imagine if I wrote all that and replaced ENTP with ENFP... It would never end. I'm glad you can dish it out, but can you take it?

And really? Inept and arrogant? This was your one chance to really let it fly and that's the best you could do? Lol. :hug: Somehow seeing an ENFP getting all worked up is kinda... hot.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Hahaha, CzeCze - that was adorable. But imagine if I wrote all that and replaced ENTP with ENFP... It would never end. I'm glad you can dish it out, but can you take it?

And really? Inept and arrogant? This was your one chance to really let it fly and that's the best you could do? Lol. :hug: Somehow seeing an ENFP getting all worked up is kinda... hot.

Really? You mean that didn't bother you? At all?

Damn. It.

I swear to gawwwwwd, I will figure out the secret.

AND THEN YOU'LL BE SORRY!!!!

:runs from room:

:pops back in:

Wait you thought that was hot? Ooh, thanks

:shakes fist in anger:

:runs back out:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I chuckled. ENFP's that make me chuckle. Best. :D

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Really? You mean that didn't bother you? At all?

No, it didn't bother me in the slightest and I thought it was utterly adorable (and hot). It may be my arrogance speaking, but I totally got the impression that most of it was about me anyways, as I get the feeling that I totally rub you the wrong way. And that's why I was kinda happy and smiley that you took it to the streets like that. Whether it was about me or not, I like people who stand up for themselves and you've shown that you are nobody's b*tch, so you just earned your stripes in my eyes (not that that's worth anything to you, but it's worth something to me.) :hug: