User Tag List

First 11192021222331 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

If I had to venture a guess, I would say that depending on the area of Germany you were in will depend on the nature of the people. For example, people in the Pfalz tend to have a curious balance between conservative values and openness - more NF and SP I think....Westphalia is totally different - more SJ and NT here....Though it could have more to do with regional culture and expectations. People are Berlin are much different from people in Bavaria, who are then again much different from people in Schleswig-Holstein, who are completely different from former East Germans and not to even mention Poles and Russians with German blood.....

Oh yeah, and NEVER EVER EVER make the catastrophic mistake of telling a Westphalian he comes from the same 'state' as our dear Mr. Entropie. I think that person would have a coronary....

And definitely, whatever you do, NEVER say that the Netherlands looks like Germany, even if they ask you right after you cross the border....
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

east germans are all whiny intps in my opinion
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Has anyone read about the connection between the holographic principle and Stephen Hawking by the way ? I hardly can imagine him to be fond of such ideas
    It's probably my least favorite idea of all time, behind Teletubbies.

MBTI
    xNFP

east germans are all whiny intps in my opinion
    Dude, Germany is full of whining NTs and SJs...Which is why people all gape at me, "HOLY SHIT!!!!!! AN AMERICAN NF WHO LOVES BEING IN GERMANY!!!!"

People all think I am a teacher but what I really am is a "pull-poles-out-of-people's-rear-ends"-er.

Of course, we mustn't forget the two times where almost all Germans become SPs for a day - Karneval and Weltmeisterschaft! You crazy guys!!!!!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    It's probably my least favorite idea of all time, behind Teletubbies.
    ^^ I agree; heard it today on the university channel in my car and looked it up this evening.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Dude, Germany is full of whining NTs and SJs...Which is why people all gape at me, "HOLY SHIT!!!!!! AN AMERICAN NF WHO LOVES BEING IN GERMANY!!!!"
    . But what about all the cool gangsters in Westphalia ? You really think they are SJs or NTs ? I mean those cool young dudes being constantly on the search for a chick and the first they find they impregnate.

In my opinion esfps and istps dominate

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

^^ I agree; heard it today on the university channel in my car and looked it up this evening.
    Can't argue the math and logic behind it though, which is extremely disturbing. I'm relying on an incomplete understanding of black holes being a better answer, because if the Holographic Principle is true I'm quitting science forever.

MBTI
    xNFP

. But what about all the cool gangsters in Westphalia ? You really think they are SJs or NTs ? I mean those cool young dudes being constantly on the search for a chick and the first they find they impregnate.

In my opinion esfps and istps dominate
    You're just thinking of the dumb soccer dudes....! The ones who come shouting out of the trains singing like a bum on drugs and swagger and spill beer and burp!!!!!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Ah you are out ! (those are the real SJs and NTs)

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Can't argue the math and logic behind it though, which is extremely disturbing. I'm relying on an incomplete understanding of black holes being a better answer, because if the Holographic Principle is true I'm quitting science forever.
    Ok thanks for the info

MBTI
    xNFP

Ah you are out ! (those are the real SJs and NTs)

Ok thanks for the info
    Nooo noooo, see these are like 90% of men in Germany, and the rest are ISFP and ISTP women :-P In any case like 5% of Germans are NF I think...if that many....We're a precious commodity over here.