• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] iNtuition and Cannabis

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I am a stoner and a half.

I prefer sativa blends, personally. They really amp up my creative juices. I am one of those rare high output stoners, too. When I'm high I feel like finishing all the projects I started at some point and then abandoned due to flakiness.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I go a bit quiet, and my mind goes nuts. I'm quite contented exploring my thought processes, and wandering where my imagination takes me. Apparently I suck as company though. I like the way it relaxes me.

SurlyAdam

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Not that I've ever smoked pot, but if I did... I imagine I would light a few candles and turn off the lights. Then I'd bring up a collection of Bob Dylan recordings on my computer, set it to random play and relax into my recliner with eyes closed, plotting and planning, in awe of the possibilities... In fact, I imagine I'd do this every single night...

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not that I've ever smoked pot, but if I did... I imagine I would light a few candles and turn off the lights. Then I'd bring up a collection of Bob Dylan recordings on my computer, set it to random play and relax into my recliner with eyes closed, plotting and planning, in awe of the possibilities... In fact, I imagine I'd do this every single night...

So why don't you do it then?

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
daily smoker, whenever i blaze i enjoy greater mental clarity, seemingly more interesting and randomized ideas/thought processes. i also find that sometimes it will make me more of a sensor, just because i will notice or point out weird but funny actions and things that are going on around me in the environment

i do enjoy indulging in the nice feeling you get when your appreciation of the senses goes up

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I used to smoke a lot of pot when I was underage - it was just easier to get than alcohol. But once I could get liquor more easily, I just stopped smoking without even realizing. Almost all of my friends smoke regularly, but it's not that fun for me. If I'm alone, my mind wanders to areas that are not comfortable for me. If I am with others, I just want them all to disappear so I can explore the thoughts that end up weirding me out. I can't win. But if I'm playing video games or something that keeps me out of my head, then it's ok but it's still not something that I prefer.

With alcohol, I feel so much more alive and energetic - more like an extension of who I am, rather than a diffusion. If I am drinking and take even one puff of a joint, I fall asleep almost instantly.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my working theory is based on the continuum of autism and schizophrenia. normally i'm way too schizy, when i get high i become more autistic. more S. more enveloped and focused in on perceiving something deeply as is with nothing else to worry about. the connections will always happen, i practice too much for Ni to be silent. but my S gets ratcheted up drastically. it also effects your mesolimbic pathway, so everything you do feels more rewarding. clean the kitchen once and you'll never clean it sober again...

it's the details. music flows out of the speakers thru space and you can hear teh trajectory. food is in high def. take your time to smell the flowers. let your eyes caress the canvas. some mix pot with uppers bc they want teh speed and the CHARGED feeling of the initial upper kick with the vivid sensory perception of weed. you always pay back uppers with interest.

phoenity

I have lots of experience passing glass with ENTP and INTP friends. It does open up their sensory perception - primarily the taste buds!

The INTP thinks he plays guitar better high. It does sound way more fluid and pleasing to my ears. I think it relaxes him, opens up his ears, and gives him easier access to his emotions which are then reflected in his music and voice.

While high I can really get into Ne discussions with them which is a fun area to explore. Otherwise I will just listen but usually not participate.

MJ is weird with me. Sometimes it really gives me access to my Fe and I want to connect with my friends, other times it allows me to detach completely and basically become emotionally unavailable.

For the most part I enjoy it when alone or with one close friend. It's definitely NOT a social drug for me. My deepest introspection comes while high, alone, and completely detached from reality. Since it gets my Ne going, and I pay attention to people's behavior and words, I get paranoid about what people really mean. Maybe that's why I detach.

I love the increased sensory perception it provides. Swimming, running, cycling, anything that requires action and intense focus on physical movement is exhilarating. I seem to be able to get into my groove easier.

Recently I've experimented with LSD, psilocybin, salvia, MDMA. Those, as well as cannabis, are psychedelics that alter our perceptions and that's what I enjoy about them most - how they act like a key to locked doors in my mind and allow me to perceive things in ways I probably wouldn't have considered while sober. I strongly believe that MDMA, LSD, mushrooms have a medicinal use in psychology.

Cocaine turned me into a person I do not want to be. Alcohol will do the same. Very easy to binge on cocaine and alcohol. Opiates are downright dangerous and intensely physically addictive for me. Benzos are boring.

Ironic that my gateway drug was a prescription for Vicodin when I had my wisdom teeth removed. That was the point I knew opiates were dangerous for me.

pockets

MBTI Type
HUMM
strangely i read the title of this thread and saw 'iNtuition and cannibals'.

</ my helpful contribution>

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
I've smoked pot twice- at a concert and with some friends.

It's alright, but I find it doesn't do too much for me. I much prefer salvia- that really complements the NT factor. My thoughts become more real to me than the physical world, and I enter (what appear at the time, at least) different realities.

Petite Etoile

MBTI Type
InTJ
Enneagram
i hate weed. i hate feeling lazy and useless and dumb.. and thats how it makes me feel. I've had some pretty amazing experiences getting high and having sex for hours but even then, i'd be fine never smoking again. I'm not really big on alcohol either but i'd prefer it over weed. i also don't like the small effects it gives you. if I'm gonna do something, i want to go all out. xtc is my favorite.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My INTP friend enjoys smoking immensely.

I've enjoyed it, to an extent, with her a few times. But it's not particularly my chemical of choice. Makes me feel lethargic, for the most part. Does precious little to aid my iNtuition, though it doesn't seem to hinder it much.

My asthma is not a fan of smoking anything.
Furthermore, I don't care to do anything to cause damage to my vocal cords, as I'm a singer as well.

Personally, I'd choose a couple illicit stimulants over smoking or drinking, as I've tried them, and found their effects rather enjoyable, albeit not worthwhile in the longterm.
Needless to say after a brief trial run, I steer clear of them, and will continue to do so.

So, overall, I'll pass on everything but caffeine, thanks. :coffee:

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I've smoked pot twice- at a concert and with some friends.

It's alright, but I find it doesn't do too much for me. I much prefer salvia- that really complements the NT factor. My thoughts become more real to me than the physical world, and I enter (what appear at the time, at least) different realities.

I hadn't heard of this til you made this post, thanks for the heads up lol by the weekend I should have tried this. :D

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
i hate weed. i hate feeling lazy and useless and dumb.. and thats how it makes me feel.

Makes me feel lethargic, for the most part.

Ya know, you two could have only smoked indicas, which produce less of a thought-accelerating head-high and more of a cloudy-headed lethargic stone. I also find activities that involve intuition or improvisation much more affected by sativas than indicas.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ya know, you two could have only smoked indicas, which produce less of a thought-accelerating head-high and more of a cloudy-headed lethargic stone. I also find activities that involve intuition or improvisation much more affected by sativas than indicas.

Possibly.
My INTP friend who shared it with me didn't seem to feel lethargic at all, though.

Meh, either way, I think I'm set with smoking.

I always need my inhaler afterwards for my asthma. :nerd:

End of feeling like crap the rest of the day just from that aspect, so it's not really worth it. But to those who enjoy it, have at it.
Good fer youse. :D

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Possibly.
My INTP friend who shared it with me didn't seem to feel lethargic at all, though.

Meh, either way, I think I'm set with smoking.

I always need my inhaler afterwards for my asthma. :nerd:

End of feeling like crap the rest of the day just from that aspect, so it's not really worth it. But to those who enjoy it, have at it.
Good fer youse. :D

Well, I tried... You said you like uppers more, I've definitely noticed a correlation between people who prefer coke/caffeine/adderall and don't like the weed high. One produces a clean and focused high and the other is quite the opposite.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Good to know though that at least half the typology experts are on dope :D

I would have never expected less from you :D:D

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Coming from someone who has absolutely no experience with weed, what is the difference between indicas and sativas? How can you tell and what effects do they promote? Out of curiosity..of course..:D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Why would you think this would come from someone who has no experience with weed ? This is a logical flaw :)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Why would you think this would come from someone who has no experience with weed ? This is a logical flaw :)

What..are you saying that some people who have had experience with marijuana still don't understand the difference?

I looked up online the differences and their effects on humans. Sativa looks a little more appealing :)