User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

I grew up on the extreme west coast of Canada, where it is not unheard of to share a joint with your friend's parents when visiting their house, so I have been exposed to a lot of pot smokers and used to smoke fairly frequently myself. I don't know if this is just me, or also linked to the strength of the weed out there but most of the time, it was a negative experience. Just made me paranoid and dull - a lot less talkative than when not stoned. Then it made me robo-eat for an hour. It affects my INFP sister very differently - makes her busy and active. I don't think I could go for a walk while stoned if you held a gun to my head.

When it worked out it was great. Definitely increased s-ness. Conscious of things like the feeling of the wind on your face, how delicious plain saltine crackers are etc.

I don't smoke much anymore but when I do I specifically request the weak stuff!
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    I grew up on the extreme west coast of Canada, where it is not unheard of to share a joint with your friend's parents when visiting their house, so I have been exposed to a lot of pot smokers and used to smoke fairly frequently myself. I don't know if this is just me, or also linked to the strength of the weed out there but most of the time, it was a negative experience. Just made me paranoid and dull - a lot less talkative than when not stoned. Then it made me robo-eat for an hour. It affects my INFP sister very differently - makes her busy and active. I don't think I could go for a walk while stoned if you held a gun to my head.

When it worked out it was great. Definitely increased s-ness. Conscious of things like the feeling of the wind on your face, how delicious plain saltine crackers are etc.

I don't smoke much anymore but when I do I specifically request the weak stuff!
    I love going on walks when stoned, I'm always like we should go on a walk...or we should color, i have a hard time just sitting their doing nothing.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i go into idea overload and can really work out solutions quickly and creatively...i think that would be my ne going into overdrive, right?
    Yes, that's what happens to me. I do also get some S-augmentation in terms of tastes and colors and things, but it's usually not as apparent as the Ne increase.

Based on responses, sounds like Js in general are much less inclined to enjoy it. NTJs especially seem put off by the lack of efficiency it can cause.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

but i think the ne overdrive has the opposite effect on us right...it inspires action because we need to be inspired or motivated so much right? cool...let me have some. i've got things to do.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I smoked weed from pretty much the day I turned 14 on. Starting in 10th grade, I started smoking every day. Senior year, I was smoking a half-eighth a day. Then Freshman and Sophomore year of college, I smoked maybe 5 8ths a week.

I really liked it but it was so clearly an escape from reality. It lost its fun-ness. In the last 2 years, I've been on and off in 3-4 month periods. I haven't smoked since mid-November.

The problem is, when I smoke but don't smoke everyday, I get too stoned. I like having a tolerance when I smoke; it makes it more controllable. But when I smoke every day, there are lots of problems that arise (laziness, lack of emotional processing, needing more sleep). So every time I smoke after a long break, I want to smoke more to build a tolerance, but then I get annoyed by the long term consequences and quit entirely. But when I quit entirely, I get really annoyed that I can't smoke with my friends and at some point wind up smoking again.

It's an annoying cycle.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

just smoke less...less often silly.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

I never tryed and I probably never will.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I smoked weed from pretty much the day I turned 14 on. Starting in 10th grade, I started smoking every day. Senior year, I was smoking a half-eighth a day. Then Freshman and Sophomore year of college, I smoked maybe 5 8ths a week.

I really liked it but it was so clearly an escape from reality. It lost its fun-ness. In the last 2 years, I've been on and off in 3-4 month periods. I haven't smoked since mid-November.

The problem is, when I smoke but don't smoke everyday, I get too stoned. I like having a tolerance when I smoke; it makes it more controllable. But when I smoke every day, there are lots of problems that arise (laziness, lack of emotional processing, needing more sleep). So every time I smoke after a long break, I want to smoke more to build a tolerance, but then I get annoyed by the long term consequences and quit entirely. But when I quit entirely, I get really annoyed that I can't smoke with my friends and at some point wind up smoking again.

It's an annoying cycle.
    Hmm that's weird that you wanted to build up a tolerance. I've always welcomed the new low tolerance and hated to see it go up, which was reason to take a break. But I can see how it can make the high more hectic and anxiety causing under the right conditions.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I never tryed and I probably never will.
    Not curious at all? You seem curious about everything else.

My observations:

N-doms enjoy weed the most, it expands their thought processes and affects their perception of reality the most. They seem to get a lot more bang for their buck. I remember my ENTP friend telling me about how when he was peaking on a strong high, he looked at a wall next to him and for a few seconds he didn't understand the purpose of what it was for, and once he realized it was a wall, he had an epiphany about how the purpose of everything we create around us is arbitrary, how we normally see a chair and understand that it is to sit in, but that isn't necessarily the case, it could be a weapon, or a table, we are raised to think that a chair is for sitting, someone not raised with such knowledge of what objects are for might walk into a room and not understand wtf anything is.

T-doms, for myself atleast, it relieves a lot of the stress caused by excessive Ti thought tangents (intps you know what I'm talking about, it can be a blessing at times but a curse at others). I notice the sensory effects more than anything, my thought processes become inhibited instead of enhanced like N-doms (it basically lowers my IQ lol). I am more normal in social situations, though if I'm really faded the barrier between my thoughts and language becomes even more apparent and I can barely speak or make myself speak at all and become super introverted, but at other times weed makes me more extroverted, weird stuff. Like ajblaise mentioned, I like the physical-sensory aspect the most, food, music, feel of my body, I become a much better driver too, I can feel the pedals much better. I am one of those laughing-stoners, everything becomes funny to me, I can just look at one of my friend's faces and find something to laugh at.

SJs seem to enjoy weed less than others and prefer alcohol to a large degree.

SPs seem to want to get fucked up on anything available.