User Tag List

First 1234 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    My INFJ voice teacher always preached adamantly against any kind of smoke inhalation, insisting it would ruin the singing voice. I suppose this may actually be true in the area of music where he works (opera--the epitome of technical vocal perfection), but for me, my performances and writing both improve markedly under the influence of cannabis, and this is something that a lot of people have pointed out about me and that I also have observed in recordings and videos of playing live. It's really insane.
    Well, the two aren't exclusive. It's pretty scientifically proven that prolonged smoke intake effects your vocals. So those could get worse while your skill improves.

When sober, I can never quite block everything else out and focus entirely on the emotional impact of that particular moment. Often when I'm upset about something or really having trouble mulling over a particular decision in my head, the solution will seem obvious within 10 minutes of lighting up that after-work bowl. The possibilities seem endless.
    Honestly, it doesn't sound like you're being distracted by any Sensation to me. Sounds like you're using Ne too much.

Also, I've never smoked pot, but I've been in these remarkable half sleep/half awake states, sometimes up to a half hour (there are similar brainwaves between that state and ones induced by marijuana). What I've found is that in those states, answers did come really quickly to me. There was a satisfying sense of insight and understanding. There's only one problem. All my decisions made no sense at all. Once I was awake, it occured to me that I was thinking total gibberish. I've talked to people have been stoned, and people that were stoned, and it seems to me that they had the same problem.

I haven't really found any compelling evidence to link marijuana use to any serious medical complications other than chronic bronchitis. Even if I did, though, I'm not sure I would want to stop because the augmented mental awareness is such a boon. Granted, it makes my Se/Si even worse, but those are already so weak for me anyway that it's hardly a big deal to trade them for even more Ne+Ti.
    Like I said, if it's really changing this problem of yours, I don't think you're increasing your Ne usage. Maybe you're suring up your Ti, or you'r Introverting your N and getting some Ni action (my hunch is the latter).

So I began to wonder: How do the effects of cannabis correlate with MBTI types? Which drugs are most popular among which types?
    I'm almost sure a topic was already done on this. I don't remember what most people said. I don't know if there really is a correlation or not.

What is your type and how does marijuana affect you? Do you find the effects desirable?
    Again, never had it. Let me say that my sleep experiences were fascinating, but not something I'd intentionally repeat.
    Last edited by Magic Poriferan; 03-01-2009 at 07:38 PM.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Never done it. But I'm open to it, and I know I'll probably get into it.

I get pissed off when kids my age do it for the social experience. They think it makes them look badass and cool, which it doesn't. When I do it, I won't be trying to impress anyone, obviously, and I won't do it as a social occasion, at least..at this point in time.

If I were to do it now, It'd be with one or two close friends, in a basement or something..put on a nice CD and just kick back..it's the effects on the mind that I'm after, and how it can alter your experiences. Yeah..I'd never do it for the wrong reasons, like so many of my stupid aquantences.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

I'm sorry to go against your thesis of sorts, but marijuana makes definitely makes me more s. I smoke maybe once a month and love to savor the buzz from it. Good food becomes better, and I discover certain sounds in songs I'd never hear without cannabis. Everything slows down and I feel like I'm really connected to whatever I'm doing. Sometimes I'll have those "this is the way I should look at a situation" revelations, but usually nothing extremely deep or meaningful.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i go into idea overload and can really work out solutions quickly and creatively...i think that would be my ne going into overdrive, right?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I think it hinders productivity and efficiency, and 100% of pot smokers (besides those who do it purely at parties, for image/social reasons) that I know are exactly as you have described the stereotypical pot smoker to be, simulatedworld.

However, I'm not "anti-pot". I have smoked it on occasion in the past (albeit I didn't enjoy it that much), and I have no issue with those who smoke it. I also think it actually does enhance creativity for some people, and I've experienced first-hand what it does to your appreciation of art (be this music or another format).

Nonetheless, I'd prefer to remain clear-headed and focused in the true meaning of the word.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i go into idea overload and can really work out solutions quickly and creatively...i think that would be my ne going into overdrive, right?
    Yeah. My Ti also seems to be filtering out a lot less, and Ne just speeds up.

From what I can remember my Ni would go into overload. In a good way. Good for me but not for anyone who wanted to talk to me.
    I could really concentrate and did some good work high.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

--Most SJs I know seem to dislike the lack of physical coordination and control over physical environment that it creates. I've known one serious SJ smoker (he was ISTJ, to be specific), and I think he used it for reasons similar to why SJs over 21 seem to frequently enjoy alcohol: a planned period of relaxation after a hard day's work. (Alcohol is more popular among SJs, though, because it's legal and I guess that's important to some people.)
    I think you've hit the nail on the head here. That's exactly why I don't like the idea of drugs. I've told my friends I dislike rollercoasters for the same reason I would dislike alcohol/drugs: a feeling of lack of control over my own body.

All that said, I've never smoked. I've never personally liked the idea of feeling/tasting smoke go down my throat, nose, etc.

The only experience I've had with pot was one time when I was a teenager, at a friend's birthday party there was an impromptu smoking session. I got some food and ate dinner, instead. But I probably caught some of the fumes, because after that, I was laughing for about 10 minutes non-stop. That was funny.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I think it hinders productivity and efficiency, and 100% of pot smokers (besides those who do it purely at parties, for image/social reasons) that I know are exactly as you have described the stereotypical pot smoker to be, simulatedworld.

However, I'm not "anti-pot". I have smoked it on occasion in the past (albeit I didn't enjoy it that much), and I have no issue with those who smoke it. I also think it actually does enhance creativity for some people, and I've experienced first-hand what it does to your appreciation of art (be this music or another format).

Nonetheless, I'd prefer to remain clear-headed and focused in the true meaning of the word.
    +1
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    yupp

I enjoy it, I don't do it all the time, but I defiently find sitting round with a group of friends smoking a bowl, as enjoyable. I like having a group of 3-4 people where I can watch everything unfold in front of me, also find it helps with creativity. though the first time after not doing it for awhile i tend to start hearing voices and people just appear in the middle of the room, but after a few days that stops and I can smoke without any trouble, around people. I don't know why that happens, maybe I'm just sensitive to it. Which is probably why I don't do it all the time, because I find that first few times the most enjoyable then it starts to lose it's appeal for me.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so