• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The Official INTP Haters' Thread

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hmm, where do I start?

OK, I've wasted half a life time listening to INTPs drone on about a topic they're interested in. The thing is, it's quite often stuff that I'm also interested in, but by the time they've finished they're extended monologue I feel I've almost lost the will to live.

I've never met such a bunch of under achievers! I can't fault your knowledge or your logical reasoning, but why not try doing something useful with it? Knowledge is not an end in itself it's a tool to be used to solve real world problems don't you get it?

No one really cares how much you know or don't know. You may be lucky and have a superb manager such as an INTJ ;) who will recognise your talents and tap into them to get a good solution, but more often than not you'll be overlooked for promotions because you appear to be lazy, indecisive, overly critical and argumentative, and frankly they'd rather be around someone they can have an enjoyable conversation with.

As for managing people:I almost split my sides laughing when I saw that someone had started a thread on INTP management. You can hardly manage yourselves never mind anyone else. You may have an understanding of astro-physics and be able to prove that x billion years into the future the universe will cease expanding and will reach a point of equilibrium, but you have a very tenuous grasp of what you'll be doing tomorrow evening (or possibly this evening).

In summary, INTP: a waste of a life.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
<_<

People who overestimate their intelligence irritate me...so I tend to avoid INTs, which sucks because my own family is full of them.

I really hate this. However, I don't believe it has to do with type. Generally, the only people that DON'T overestimate their own intelligence are those people that are so stupid they're not even self aware.

Most folks tend to think they're as good as anyone else. Their critical error is that they are probably as 'smart' as most other people, because frankly most people are pretty dumb.

If they do perceive someone is smarter than themselves, they'll try to undermine that person in other ways by making statements like, "oh yeah? well you're not as smart as you think you are!" or "you're full of yourself, I've never met anyone quite so arrogant", or by bitching about them in other ways such as the way they dress, the way they act etc. as if that had anything to do with how smart someone is? Arghh.

Lightyear

INTPs just can't get themselves sorted and make others sort their shit out. It's like having to do the shoelaces of a highly intelligent 5-year-old.

They trust too much in logic and look down upon people who might consider "Oh my God!" emotions. Quite a few emotional retards.

Offensive humour, in a bad way. They just don't know where the line is.

They are unreliable.

Arrogant.

My brother is an unhealthy INTP so I a had my fair share of negative experiences with this type.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
From what everyones saying INTPs are hated for there extreme use of Ti. What about INTPs with good Ne?

Also the doing things thing or how we just don't do stuff. I've heard that as INTP get older they actual become alot better at it. True? False?

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
some of the attitudes and things said in intpcentral by intps make me sick.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
no, everyone else jsut gets worked up over petty little issues.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTPs can be passive aggressive.

INTPs can be oblivious.

93JC

That's just funny. How can you hate anyone who's that honest.

You can't. [/thread]

Seriously though, as an example I happen to adore cars. I'm obsessed with them, I have been since I was a little boy. I make a point of talking about them as little as possible in public, because people are dumb. I can't have a conversation about cars with many people out there, they're just too ignorant, too dense. Part of me wants to 'educate' them, but there are so many misnomers flying around I'd rather not. It's not worth my time to 'educate' someone on the subject if they're just going to dismiss what I've said and keep on being an ignoramus because they heard something from 'some guy' once before.

INTPs are too apathetic.

I don't care what you think.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know if I can think of anything I hate about a healthy INTP.

Synthetic Darkness

I really hate this. However, I don't believe it has to do with type. Generally, the only people that DON'T overestimate their own intelligence are those people that are so stupid they're not even self aware.

Most folks tend to think they're as good as anyone else. Their critical error is that they are probably as 'smart' as most other people, because frankly most people are pretty dumb.

If they do perceive someone is smarter than themselves, they'll try to undermine that person in other ways by making statements like, "oh yeah? well you're not as smart as you think you are!" or "you're full of yourself, I've never met anyone quite so arrogant", or by bitching about them in other ways such as the way they dress, the way they act etc. as if that had anything to do with how smart someone is? Arghh.

I've just had a really bad experience with an INTP, they feel threatened when they see someone mildly intelligent and can hold their own during a discussion. They rely far too much on logic almost to the point of seeming robotic but that's a fatal flaw for INTJs as well.

Nyota

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w5
INTPs just can't get themselves sorted and make others sort their shit out. It's like having to do the shoelaces of a highly intelligent 5-year-old.

They trust too much in logic and look down upon people who might consider "Oh my God!" emotions. Quite a few emotional retards.

Offensive humour, in a bad way. They just don't know where the line is.

They are unreliable.

Arrogant.
Agreed.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hmm, where do I start?

OK, I've wasted half a life time listening to INTPs drone on about a topic they're interested in. The thing is, it's quite often stuff that I'm also interested in, but by the time they've finished they're extended monologue I feel I've almost lost the will to live.

I've never met such a bunch of under achievers! I can't fault your knowledge or your logical reasoning, but why not try doing something useful with it? Knowledge is not an end in itself it's a tool to be used to solve real world problems don't you get it?

No one really cares how much you know or don't know. You may be lucky and have a superb manager such as an INTJ ;) who will recognise your talents and tap into them to get a good solution, but more often than not you'll be overlooked for promotions because you appear to be lazy, indecisive, overly critical and argumentative, and frankly they'd rather be around someone they can have an enjoyable conversation with.

As for managing people:I almost split my sides laughing when I saw that someone had started a thread on INTP management. You can hardly manage yourselves never mind anyone else. You may have an understanding of astro-physics and be able to prove that x billion years into the future the universe will cease expanding and will reach a point of equilibrium, but you have a very tenuous grasp of what you'll be doing tomorrow evening (or possibly this evening).

In summary, INTP: a waste of a life.

I think this can be dealt with. I "do" much more than most people i know... even though i think a lot of it is a waste of time.. i realize it is required to advance in society.. true, i'd rather live alone in my dim cave, but at the same time, my pessimism bothers me when i'm alone. the "doing" isn't natural at all, though, and i'm constantly anxious. hmmm... whatev.

i'd say the worst thing is: lack of social skills... i suck at interacting... i suck at even trying to interact.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
I've just had a really bad experience with an INTP, they feel threatened when they see someone mildly intelligent and can hold their own during a discussion. They rely far too much on logic almost to the point of seeming robotic but that's a fatal flaw for INTJs as well.

For me its quite the opposite.
I feel refreshed when I come across someone intelligent

That has INTJ written all over it

I'm reluctant to admit when I'm wrong, but if you show me a well thought out idea/arguement I'm not going to fight it.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Man ed111, I really want to quote your posts in INTJ Haters Thread

Synthetic Darkness

For me its quite the opposite.
I feel refreshed when I come across someone intelligent

That has INTJ written all over it

I'm reluctant to admit when I'm wrong, but if you show me a well thought out idea/arguement I'm not going to fight it.

I've probably come across some unhealthy INTPs then...