• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The Official INTP Haters' Thread

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't go SJ on me now. Poorly structuring sentences and grammar is a very guilty pleasure of mine.
...which you brought into the INTP hater's thread in order to relish our hatred of the same.

NFs! Never sure what they want...
(Other than a bloody good lashing.)

I find it hard to write any hate about INTP's. Not because there is nothing INTP's do that I dont get along with, more so any of the criticism's ive seen aimed at them are aspects of themselves that they probably like.

For example if I said some INTP's were cold, arseholes who do not respect others emotions, I wouldn't be surprised if many INTP's were pleased by this. After all the world is full of emotions and very empty of INTP's.

So you want your hatred to be both pointed and hurtful? Interesting. At least you don't disrespect other's emotions.... You REALLY want them to feel badly. :laugh:

Funnily enough, I think it's the fact that it's very hard to hurt us that most frustrates other types. It's pretty hard to break through the layers of indifference.

If anything it could be said that if more people thought like INTP's, (healthy ones more so), then the world as we understand it could find itself in a better state.

On the other hand it might be that nothing much gets done
Those things are not mutually exclusive.

I think it's safe to say that if more people thought like INTPs the world would be a better place....
...for INTPs.

W

WALMART

Effeminate version of ISTP's, will likely talk your ear off and presume rather presumptuous thoughts.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey gurl, you took the bait.

Personally, I'm rather partial to presuming unpresumptious thoughts. But that's just me.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Their need to add unnecessary details to a topic they are well-versed in is a rather foolish need. The others in my class just scoff whenever they hear of matters that will have no bearing on their marks (as we won't be learning about them any time soon) and ridicule the INTPs for giving us the information; I don't blame the INTPs for giving us information so that we can learn more - I blame others for being idiots and not wishing to take it in as their only concern is their marks not learning - but for ignoring that the big majority of the class is filled with idiots.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
So you want your hatred to be both pointed and hurtful? Interesting. At least you don't disrespect other's emotions.... You REALLY want them to feel badly. :laugh:

Joking aside, it's incredibly true, unfortunately. I can be unintentionally insultive just as anyone can, but as you said my hatred really can be pointed and hurtful...with intent. :D

Im such a dick!

Funnily enough, I think it's the fact that it's very hard to hurt us that most frustrates other types. It's pretty hard to break through the layers of indifference.

Yeah that makes sense, especially when an individual is out to cause hurt.

Those things are not mutually exclusive.

I think it's safe to say that if more people thought like INTPs the world would be a better place....
...for INTPs.

True, but that would go for any type. Actually it makes what I said sound rather daft, doesn't it? Of course if the world were catered for a certain type it would be better for them...doh!

atreasuredembrace

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
I hope no other ESFJs have posted the same thing I'm posting but oh well...

Seriously, INTPs gotta know when to chill man. How come they get to complain about ESFJs so much when we irritate them and get all the support, but then when it's the other way around, we get no say. UGH... it's like do they really cherish the relationship/friendship at all? Correct me if I'm wrong on this one but the INTP's shadow is a very bad ESFJ and an ESFJ's shadow is a negative INTP. ::sigh:: It's like, we can never give each other to understand each other's pain when really we have a lot more in common than what is visible O______O

It's like we can't accept our own shadows in real life /)___(\

If we just placed our egos aside and really humbled ourselves (You know, with INTP's need to always be right and ESFJ's need to always be on top and in control, whether right or wrong), I really think our relationships would be much better and would output a lot of growth on both ends.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1

If we just placed our egos aside and really humbled ourselves (You know, with INTP's need to always be right and ESFJ's need to always be on top and in control, whether right or wrong), I really think our relationships would be much better and would output a lot of growth on both ends.

I think this is the truth for many misunderstanding between people. :'D

But wth is that emoticon, lol. I've been trying to figure it out and I see either a hug or a face with swollen eyes.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

But wth is that emoticon, lol. I've been trying to figure it out and I see either a hug or a face with swollen eyes.

I think its sad eyed grasshopper

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hope no other ESFJs have posted the same thing I'm posting but oh well...

Seriously, INTPs gotta know when to chill man. How come they get to complain about ESFJs so much when we irritate them and get all the support, but then when it's the other way around, we get no say. UGH... it's like do they really cherish the relationship/friendship at all? Correct me if I'm wrong on this one but the INTP's shadow is a very bad ESFJ and an ESFJ's shadow is a negative INTP. ::sigh:: It's like, we can never give each other to understand each other's pain when really we have a lot more in common than what is visible O______O

:thelook:

atreasuredembrace

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram

This emoticon is covering both eyes LOL

I'm trying to express my frustration.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:shrug:

Ne is just an effeminate function. Jung himself called male ENTP's the most feminine of all types; I don't find it coincidental.

could you elaborate? how is Ne a more female trait? It's just that generally it seems INTPs females are seen as some what rare and the general view of ENTPs doesn't seem like any feminine sort of traditional idea of femininity (inventive, entrepreneurial, one uppers).

I would probably say the types aren/t masculine or feminine since men and women are found within all the types.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Intps are like Yoda except they can't do backflips and don't own lightsabers instead they just live in filth and build sex robots to sustain their hermit lifestyle

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Intps are like Yoda except they can't do backflips and don't own lightsabers instead they just live in filth and build sex robots to sustain their hermit lifestyle

True. True. Not always true. True. True.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
could you elaborate? how is Ne a more female trait? It's just that generally it seems INTPs females are seen as some what rare and the general view of ENTPs doesn't seem like any feminine sort of traditional idea of femininity (inventive, entrepreneurial, one uppers).

I would probably say the types aren/t masculine or feminine since men and women are found within all the types.
The rareness is a function of the T (masculine). INTP ratio males to females ~ 4:1. In that sense, it is a more masculine type. But compared to ISTPs, it is less so.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The rareness is a function of the T (masculine). INTP ratio males to females ~ 4:1. In that sense, it is a more masculine type. But compared to ISTPs, it is less so.

What's feminine about Ne?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's feminine about Ne?

I'm using your basis. You said "types aren't masculine or feminine since men and women are found in all the types". They are, but the distribution isn't uniform.

Also, intuition (esp right-brained intuition) has usually (rightly or wrongly) been considered a more feminine attribute. Poets, philosophers, writers, artists vs athletes, craftsmen, construction workers etc.
You get the picture.