• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The Official INTP Haters' Thread

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Wish that weren't true. I think INTPs are ridiculously awesome and awkward, which are my 2 favorite traits. :wubbie:

Yes well, I hope to stamp out the "awkward" aspect of myself by drinking a 6 pack on the train on the way to the meetup. Gotta loosen myself up or I'll be a wreck.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yes well, I hope to stamp out the "awkward" aspect of myself by drinking a 6 pack on the train on the way to the meetup. Gotta loosen myself up or I'll be a wreck.

Awww, that is so sad but sweet and honest. Please don't do that, though. We'll all get liquored up regardless - it's not fair that you'll have a head start!!

No, but seriously, I love you INTPs but it kills me that you often only feel acceptable when chemically altered (I wrote about my cousin's addiction, remember?) Knowing you from this forum, I can tell that you are a pretty cool cat without all that extraneous pomp and circumstance. I like the awkward, that's the best part.

I genuinely like everybody, unless you give me a really good reason not to. But one lap around the fish tank and chances are I'll forget that reason anyway, and just like you all over again. hahaha...

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's not too early for bourbon, is it?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Where is the real INTP hate??

Isn't there anyone out there who dislikes us for reasons other than jealously? ;)

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTPs have an arsenal of convenient cynicism, sarcasm and half-truths which they are always willing to deploy as a kind of disinvestment. By trivializing the task at hand with some rote, banal truism, they hope to diminish the damage which could be done to their own self-image if they were to try in earnest and fail, or to diminish the recognition someone else could obtain by trying and succeeding.

And they're messy.

93JC

I'm not messy; I keep things in plain sight so they don't get lost.

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
The cosmological horizon lives at the boundary of every INTP's office or bedroom.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTPs have an arsenal of convenient cynicism, sarcasm and half-truths which they are always willing to deploy as a kind of disinvestment. By trivializing the task at hand with some rote, banal truism, they hope to diminish the damage which could be done to their own self-image if they were to try in earnest and fail, or to diminish the recognition someone else could obtain by trying and succeeding.

And they're messy.

Wow, that one was so accurate and potently-worded for me that it almost had some sort of negative emotional effect...

Almost ;)

(Very well done)

The cosmological horizon lives at the boundary of every INTP's office or bedroom.

:D

Standuble

What I dislike about them is that they probably perceive the notion of grave-robbing and performing necrophilia on a thread which has been dead for three years illogical or irrational. Well perhaps not, I dislike how they don't reprimand me for my irrationality or lack of logic nowhere near enough to make me into an effective disciple of the esoteric crafts of argumentation and formal logic. Plus their type is named "The Fat Moefag" which always makes me chuckle at a wavelength which is in "mocking/laughing at" band.

W

WhoCares

I hate INTPs because they revel in the one thing that causes me angst....possibilities. Discarding possibilities is my lifetime occupation. I love choosing.

Standuble

:pinkcuffs:
Form an orderly queue and Mistress will whip you in her own good time.

At last, that's just the kind of punishment I was looking for. I love you guys really: slightly emo-y bonesaws who are little refrigerated, analytical teddy bears.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At last, that's just the kind of punishment I was looking for.
Naturally....I noticed your type.
I love you guys really: slightly emo-y bonesaws who are little refrigerated, analytical teddy bears.
I can visualise a few different ways of parsing that description.
All of them mentally scarring.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I find it hard to write any hate about INTP's. Not because there is nothing INTP's do that I dont get along with, more so any of the criticism's ive seen aimed at them are aspects of themselves that they probably like.

For example if I said some INTP's were cold, arseholes who do not respect others emotions, I wouldn't be surprised if many INTP's were pleased by this. After all the world is full of emotions and very empty of INTP's.

If anything it could be said that if more people thought like INTP's, (healthy ones more so), then the world as we understand it could find itself in a better state.

On the other hand it might be that nothing much gets done as the INTP's spend much more time in their heads than out of it. Ideas are inspirational, but the motivation to act on them is usually met with apathy.

So I suppose that is a 'hate' I could direct towards INTP's; not acting on their ideas or motivating themselves enough. But...who is to say how much a person should, or should not, do?