User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I hate INTPs because their activation energy to get them to catalyze thought into action is twice as large as other types.
    Only twice as large? *skeptical*
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Awwwww go on, you know there's some social obliviousness lurking in there somewhere. I know I have it.
    Well, to be honest, a classmate told me how she used to hate me and acted hostile to me all the time, and I said in all honesty that I simply didn't notice it. Ha! That said, I have thought that some people hated me, when in fact they didn't (and actually thought I hated them). Damn overactive Ne combined with inferior Fi!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    That said, I have thought that some people hated me, when in fact they didn't (and actually thought I hated them).
    I still do this at times. It sucks.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    I hate INTPs because they're just too damn stupid at picking up non-verbal cues.

Heh

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    It's only paranoia if it's wrong Remember that.

MBTI
    TRUE

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I hate you because you think that spending more time considering all the angles than most people entitles you to ignore new evidence when it's presented.

I hate you because you fail to consider that someone else, perhaps an INTJ, could come to a better conclusion than yours in less time and with less consideration.

I hate you because you're usually right, and you know it, and so when you're wrong it's absolutely impossible to convince you of it.
    Feed us the new evidence and stop arguing. If you're right, you win. An INTP just needs to retreat to consider it in private. Later we'll be the first to admit we were wrong, but will probably bore you with new probabilities based on your evidence. It's what we like about INTJs - they're the ones that feed us new outlooks and data, knowing it will be absorbed for later consideration.

At least INTJs are the only ones I've found that do this with us. They seem to know that once the information is presented, an INTP is only ignoring the evidence until later when it can be evaluated at leisure, and later will likely bring back interesting observations, based on the data presented, for the INTJ to enjoy. Other types want to argue the point before we've had the opportunity to evaluate the possibilities, and yes, that can bring out our most negative traits. Worst are those types that enjoy the argument more than they understand the meaning of their opinion - often they're just passing along something they've heard and the validity of their opinion has no supporting arguments. They might be right, but their entire argument is based on nothing more than a parroting of what they remember hearing (often the bits that would convince us are the parts they glossed over or can't remember.)

That turns us into something others shouldn't have to witness.
    “Naked to unknown forces, fortune evades mere understanding. The trial of effort.
    The dream of change. Such a place might Hell be to thought and action.”
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Accept View Post
    Feed us the new evidence and stop arguing. If you're right, you win. An INTP just needs to retreat to consider it in private. Later we'll be the first to admit we were wrong, but will probably bore you with new probabilities based on your evidence. It's what we like about INTJs - they're the ones that feed us new outlooks and data, knowing it will be absorbed for later consideration.

At least INTJs are the only ones I've found that do this with us. They seem to know that once the information is presented, an INTP is only ignoring the evidence until later when it can be evaluated at leisure, and later will likely bring back interesting observations, based on the data presented, for the INTJ to enjoy. Other types want to argue the point before we've had the opportunity to evaluate the possibilities, and yes, that can bring out our most negative traits. Worst are those types that enjoy the argument more than they understand the meaning of their opinion - often they're just passing along something they've heard and the validity of their opinion has no supporting arguments. They might be right, but their entire argument is based on nothing more than a parroting of what they remember hearing (often the bits that would convince us are the parts they glossed over or can't remember.)

That turns us into something others shouldn't have to witness.
    They miss thread context.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I don't hate anyone either!

*moves to Paris and considers admitting his "I" is probably an E*
    Aww c'mon. There must be a ton of INTP traits you loathe. That doesn't mean you hate INTPs. What's that line? Hate the sin, but not the sinner.

If it helps, what do you dislike about INTPs?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    They miss thread context.
    HAHA! Spot on.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    Aww c'mon. There must be a ton of INTP traits you loathe. That doesn't mean you hate INTPs. What's that line? Hate the sin, but not the sinner.

If it helps, what do you dislike about INTPs?
    I don't really possess loathing or hate, but I guess I'll go for dislike.

Here we go.

I dislike the INTP trait of being flaky and withdrawn - at times it comes across as selfish. I include myself in this.