User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 332

  1. #31
    Senior Member bluebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I hate INTPs because their activation energy to get them to catalyze thought into action is twice as large as other types.
    Only twice as large? *skeptical*
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

  2. #32
    Senior Member groovejet02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Awwwww go on, you know there's some social obliviousness lurking in there somewhere. I know I have it.
    Well, to be honest, a classmate told me how she used to hate me and acted hostile to me all the time, and I said in all honesty that I simply didn't notice it. Ha! That said, I have thought that some people hated me, when in fact they didn't (and actually thought I hated them). Damn overactive Ne combined with inferior Fi!

  3. #33
    Senior Member bluebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    That said, I have thought that some people hated me, when in fact they didn't (and actually thought I hated them).
    I still do this at times. It sucks.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

  4. #34
    Senior Member groovejet02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    I still do this at times. It sucks.
    I hate INTPs because they're just too damn stupid at picking up non-verbal cues.

    Heh

  5. #35
    Lallygag Moderator Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    I still do this at times. It sucks.
    It's only paranoia if it's wrong Remember that.

  6. #36
    Senior Member Accept's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    TRUE
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I hate you because you think that spending more time considering all the angles than most people entitles you to ignore new evidence when it's presented.

    I hate you because you fail to consider that someone else, perhaps an INTJ, could come to a better conclusion than yours in less time and with less consideration.

    I hate you because you're usually right, and you know it, and so when you're wrong it's absolutely impossible to convince you of it.
    Feed us the new evidence and stop arguing. If you're right, you win. An INTP just needs to retreat to consider it in private. Later we'll be the first to admit we were wrong, but will probably bore you with new probabilities based on your evidence. It's what we like about INTJs - they're the ones that feed us new outlooks and data, knowing it will be absorbed for later consideration.

    At least INTJs are the only ones I've found that do this with us. They seem to know that once the information is presented, an INTP is only ignoring the evidence until later when it can be evaluated at leisure, and later will likely bring back interesting observations, based on the data presented, for the INTJ to enjoy. Other types want to argue the point before we've had the opportunity to evaluate the possibilities, and yes, that can bring out our most negative traits. Worst are those types that enjoy the argument more than they understand the meaning of their opinion - often they're just passing along something they've heard and the validity of their opinion has no supporting arguments. They might be right, but their entire argument is based on nothing more than a parroting of what they remember hearing (often the bits that would convince us are the parts they glossed over or can't remember.)

    That turns us into something others shouldn't have to witness.
    “Naked to unknown forces, fortune evades mere understanding. The trial of effort.
    The dream of change. Such a place might Hell be to thought and action.”
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #37
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Accept View Post
    Feed us the new evidence and stop arguing. If you're right, you win. An INTP just needs to retreat to consider it in private. Later we'll be the first to admit we were wrong, but will probably bore you with new probabilities based on your evidence. It's what we like about INTJs - they're the ones that feed us new outlooks and data, knowing it will be absorbed for later consideration.

    At least INTJs are the only ones I've found that do this with us. They seem to know that once the information is presented, an INTP is only ignoring the evidence until later when it can be evaluated at leisure, and later will likely bring back interesting observations, based on the data presented, for the INTJ to enjoy. Other types want to argue the point before we've had the opportunity to evaluate the possibilities, and yes, that can bring out our most negative traits. Worst are those types that enjoy the argument more than they understand the meaning of their opinion - often they're just passing along something they've heard and the validity of their opinion has no supporting arguments. They might be right, but their entire argument is based on nothing more than a parroting of what they remember hearing (often the bits that would convince us are the parts they glossed over or can't remember.)

    That turns us into something others shouldn't have to witness.
    They miss thread context.

  8. #38
    Senior Member groovejet02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I don't hate anyone either!

    *moves to Paris and considers admitting his "I" is probably an E*
    Aww c'mon. There must be a ton of INTP traits you loathe. That doesn't mean you hate INTPs. What's that line? Hate the sin, but not the sinner.

    If it helps, what do you dislike about INTPs?

  9. #39
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    They miss thread context.
    HAHA! Spot on.



  10. #40
    Lallygag Moderator Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    Aww c'mon. There must be a ton of INTP traits you loathe. That doesn't mean you hate INTPs. What's that line? Hate the sin, but not the sinner.

    If it helps, what do you dislike about INTPs?
    I don't really possess loathing or hate, but I guess I'll go for dislike.

    Here we go.

    I dislike the INTP trait of being flaky and withdrawn - at times it comes across as selfish. I include myself in this.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] The Official INTJ Haters' Thread
    By TheLastMohican in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 420
    Last Post: 05-15-2017, 02:12 PM
  2. [ENTP] The Official ENTP Haters' Thread
    By EcK in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 652
    Last Post: 06-14-2016, 05:25 PM
  3. [INTJ] The Official INTJ Hunters' Thread
    By Ming in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 01-12-2015, 11:21 PM
  4. The Official Funny Picture Thread...
    By Samvega in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 04:41 PM
  5. [ISTJ] The Official ISTJ Fanclub Thread
    By RansomedbyFire in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 11:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO