User Tag List

First 24323334

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    LOL. I actually know more than one INTP in real life who could very well crack a joke like that (including myself) and all of them are ardent defenders of the feminist cause. To me, this is not sexist, it is making fun of sexism. I have heard very politically correct liberal INTPs make jokes like that about women, gays, ethnic minorities, etc. hundreds of times and it was always to make fun of the stereotype/prejudice, not to enforce it.

So yeah, as far as I can tell. The meme pic is correct - we make jokes that people often don't get and then even misinterpret and make them think we're assholes

When I walk downtown with my fellow INTP SO he often makes comments that are the polar opposit of what he means and thinks and I look around and fear that someone overhearing him might misunderstand and break his nose
    I'ld hit you, if you werent a feminist; you look hot !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    LOL. I actually know more than one INTP in real life who could very well crack a joke like that (including myself) and all of them are ardent defenders of the feminist cause. To me, this is not sexist, it is making fun of sexism. I have heard very politically correct liberal INTPs make jokes like that about women, gays, ethnic minorities, etc. hundreds of times and it was always to make fun of the stereotype/prejudice, not to enforce it.
    I suppose it depends on the person's actual attitudes, which one cannot know from a posted image. I unfortunately have run across INTPs (and INTJs) who are essentially apathetic on issues of fairness and prejudice, and would crack jokes like that without thinking. They are fortunately in the minority.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...