User Tag List

First 223031323334 Last

Results 311 to 320 of 332

  1. #311
    Senior Member lecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6 sx/sp
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Not sure why one would hate an INTP, they are usually pretty easy going unless they get all pedantic on you. That's when you walk away.
    Tritype 6-9-4 Sp/Sx

  2. #312
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Fourth Fe, that's all I have to say.

  3. #313
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sexygamer View Post
    Fourth Fe, that's all I have to say.
    I've seen this attribute rationalized several different ways.

    Explanation, please.

  4. #314
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    136

  5. #315
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lecky View Post
    Not sure why one would hate an INTP, they are usually pretty easy going unless they get all pedantic on you. That's when you walk away.
    They can also be unreliable and forgetful.

    Then there's this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Geonat View Post
    Sexism doesn't look good on any type, INTPs no exception.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  6. #316
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    They can also be unreliable and forgetful.

    Then there's this:

    Sexism doesn't look good on any type, INTPs no exception.
    For the record: I don't hate INTPs. Nor do I hate women. Te though may be the potentially most evil instrument I can think of. But that's just probably because of PoLR Te.

  7. #317
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geonat View Post
    For the record: I don't hate INTPs. Nor do I hate women. Te though may be the potentially most evil instrument I can think of. But that's just probably because of PoLR Te.
    Fear the data, lol.

    Also, the INFp Sociotype has PoLR Te, not the INFj.

  8. #318
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Fear the data, lol.

    Also, the INFp Sociotype has PoLR Te, not the INFj.
    Ok thank you, I'll change to tentative INFp then :-)

  9. #319
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geonat View Post
    For the record: I don't hate INTPs. Nor do I hate women. Te though may be the potentially most evil instrument I can think of. But that's just probably because of PoLR Te.
    What is PoLR - not "Proportional Odds Logistic Regression", I assume? Te is a particularly effective instrument, especially when working well in combination with other functions. What this means is its influence can be significant - for good or for ill.

    I don't hate INTPs as a rule either (my SO is one), but it is interesting to note what makes me dislike people of different types when I do dislike them. Do you find INTPs to be more sexist than other types?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  10. #320
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    What is PoLR - not "Proportional Odds Logistic Regression", I assume? Te is a particularly effective instrument, especially when working well in combination with other functions. What this means is its influence can be significant - for good or for ill.

    I don't hate INTPs as a rule either (my SO is one), but it is interesting to note what makes me dislike people of different types when I do dislike them. Do you find INTPs to be more sexist than other types?
    Haha, no I've understood that it stands for "Point of Least Resistance", equivalent to Beebe's Trickster. But @Alea_iacta_est is more qualified to answer this. One of my current colleagues makes jokes a la the poster on a daily basis, but in a very innocent and funny way - he is one of the most caring and friendly person I can think of. He's also one of the persons that would respond to the question "do you love or hate women?" with a "yes", which is a hilarious joke re the logical OR definition. I wouldn't want to take that away from him, nor does any of my colleagues (both women and men)

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] The Official INTJ Haters' Thread
    By TheLastMohican in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 420
    Last Post: 05-15-2017, 02:12 PM
  2. [ENTP] The Official ENTP Haters' Thread
    By EcK in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 652
    Last Post: 06-14-2016, 05:25 PM
  3. [INTJ] The Official INTJ Hunters' Thread
    By Ming in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 01-12-2015, 11:21 PM
  4. The Official Funny Picture Thread...
    By Samvega in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 04:41 PM
  5. [ISTJ] The Official ISTJ Fanclub Thread
    By RansomedbyFire in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 11:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO