User Tag List

First 212930313233 Last

Results 301 to 310 of 332

  1. #301
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,059

    Default

    Fair enough. I assume you will be ok if I start an ENFP haters thread, then? Actually, I don't have the energy. Anyway, I'm bowing out. Sorry to remind you of your ex.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  2. #302
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Fair enough. I assume you will be ok if I start an ENFP haters thread, then? Actually, I don't have the energy. Anyway, I'm bowing out. Sorry to remind you of your ex.
    You don't. I've never dated an INTP, though I've had the offer and was tempted - and that was another assumption *sigh*. And I'm fine with you starting that thread, but I think you can just dig one up from the archives
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  3. #303
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    OK, but is that loop and the cycle the same thing?
    Yes. I don't like the concept, personally. It presupposes the system in question is closed (loop, cycle, etc), when in reality, someone could be a very well functioning human being that displays traits equally of both Ti and Si, moreso than any other functional type.

  4. #304
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    I have heard some INTP's say "I have so much anger and plans to conquer the world, but am too lazy to ever act on it."

    I wish they'd delegate then

    j/k people j/k

  5. #305
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    MBTI
    INtP
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Meant to be? By what or whom? I don't need self-acceptance, at this point, and it gets kind of tiresome to hear that. As though behavior and personal efforts don't count for anything, and don't impact anything, least of all yourself. Nothing I have observed suggests that this is the case.

    If you don't mind me asking, are you in your early twenties?
    I learned to take life with a pinch of salt a while back, sorry if my style of humour invoked at the time of that post offended you. Also, if one is easily offended, i would argue that they maybe they need more self acceptance. you could argue against that, however the proof is in the pudding, life does not throw people at you that will always be of the type to not offend or hurt you, and ultimately, i think it is better to feel something like happiness than miserable or sad

  6. #306
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mhc View Post
    I learned to take life with a pinch of salt a while back, sorry if my style of humour invoked at the time of that post offended you. Also, if one is easily offended, i would argue that they maybe they need more self acceptance. you could argue against that, however the proof is in the pudding, life does not throw people at you that will always be of the type to not offend or hurt you, and ultimately, i think it is better to feel something like happiness than miserable or sad
    I wasn't offended. Not by that, anyway. It's just that... sometimes people do stupid shit that doesn't help them or anyone else... if they can change it and stop doing that, they should. Self-acceptance sounds really nice, but sometimes it's not what's needed in some situations.

    If you're talking about "self love" that's different. "love" and "acceptance" are two different things.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  7. #307
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    MBTI
    INtP
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I wasn't offended. Not by that, anyway. It's just that... sometimes people do stupid shit that doesn't help them or anyone else... if they can change it and stop doing that, they should. Self-acceptance sounds really nice, but sometimes it's not what's needed in some situations.

    If you're talking about "self love" that's different. "love" and "acceptance" are two different things.
    i was talking about the type of self acceptance you refer to when you said "Self-acceptance sounds really nice". also you raise some good points, which could be agreed upon in the right context.

  8. #308
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    MBTI
    TiFe
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    I hate INTPs because they're unoriginal and copy INTJs.
    Appears you do not understand MBTI nor the cognitive functions. FYI the J/P letter in the MBTI type might be the letter that has the greatest impact on personality types.

  9. #309
    Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    Sometimes INTPs are open-minded, but sometimes when people contradict their argument it simply pisses them off terribly because they have figured out something so thoroughly in their head and therefore are too convinced of their rightness.
    I've witnessed this. It's like once they have the whole idea figured out there isn't room left for improvement, especially if it's something they've spent a great deal of time on. The conversation can dissolve into disgusted head shaking and emphatic questioning to lead you down the path to their conclusion, if they haven't begun to stare at you yet with the "Why aren't you getting this?" eyes. The ones I know are good at asking pointed questions of me and my stance on something... maybe to get me to see their point, but maybe sometimes to see if I have a different answer from what they came up with. I think sometimes I might actually bring up something they hadn't yet considered, but they won't admit it come hell or high water, so I can only wonder if that's the case. I suspect that when they stop talking it's because all the gears in their heads have suddenly come alive with the new perspective, and so I consider it a win.

    Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    INTPs aren't as logical as they idealize themselves to be, especially when they have a very underdeveloped Fi gnawing and threatening to burst. This depends a lot on the maturity of the INTP in question.
    I don't think I've known any young INTPs, but it would be really nice to meet one who has developed the inferior F. I don't even know what that would look like or how it would be accomplished... it's like telling an INTJ to develop the Se. It's so foreign to me I wouldn't know where to begin... it's just there and must have SOME impact on me. If the Fi is the same for INTP's then it makes me really glad that the F isn't my most retarded function. The few times I've let the Se run loose were very uncomfortable for me and didn't end well... and I can look back on it and say with certainty that I think I hate it. It's scary and unnatural. I can't imaging living life where the Feeling function is that foreign.

    Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    I hate INTPs because they're just too damn stupid at picking up non-verbal cues.
    +1000

    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    I hate INTP's because they neither pay attention to nor care to remember the things that make life possible. If the world were populated solely by INTP's everyone would die exposure, dehydration, or starvation in short order.
    This can't possibly be true... the manage to keep themselves alive, somehow.

    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    It's much more fun when you guys are still pondering a new theory...
    I agree. I'd rather go through the discovery phase with them and discuss the possibilities than go into the conversation after they've already arrived at all their conclusions. It isn't a conversation at that point, but more of a fight to defend my own thoughts as they happen in real-time and I don't yet know if I'll need to change my mind. I feel led along down the road they took rather than being able to see something the way I usually would on my own in it's giant network of possibilities. It hinders creativity.

    Quote Originally Posted by fyrinx View Post
    Appears you do not understand MBTI nor the cognitive functions. FYI the J/P letter in the MBTI type might be the letter that has the greatest impact on personality types.
    Why do you say that? I suppose in the way that it's the 'action' piece, maybe it's more obvious, but I'm not sure it's so easy to gauge impact.
    Embrace the possibilities.

  10. #310
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    Why do you say that? I suppose in the way that it's the 'action' piece, maybe it's more obvious, but I'm not sure it's so easy to gauge impact.
    Well an INTP and an INTJ don't have any common functions. An INTP and an INFP or ISTP would have two common functions and an INTP and an ENTP have all common functions. So there is no real similarity between the J/P variation of any type except perhaps at first glance. Take the ISTP and ISTJ for example, or the ENTP and ENTJ.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] The Official INTJ Haters' Thread
    By TheLastMohican in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 420
    Last Post: 05-15-2017, 02:12 PM
  2. [ENTP] The Official ENTP Haters' Thread
    By EcK in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 652
    Last Post: 06-14-2016, 05:25 PM
  3. [INTJ] The Official INTJ Hunters' Thread
    By Ming in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 01-12-2015, 11:21 PM
  4. The Official Funny Picture Thread...
    By Samvega in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 04:41 PM
  5. [ISTJ] The Official ISTJ Fanclub Thread
    By RansomedbyFire in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 11:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO