User Tag List

First 192728293031 Last

MBTI
    INTP

From a complete MBTI perspective this is why I think some other types dislike me:
    ESFJ - They are really really needy and I just don't have the energy to fulfill their needs. I understand them but don't think they can understand me so it leaves the responsibility of the relationship and getting along mostly in my hands...a person with limited social abilities.
    ESFP - They just see the "clique" doesn't fancy me as much so follow the crowd.
    ESTP - They think I'm a party pooper
    ESTJ - They think I'm irresponsible
    ISFJ - They are needy but don't admit it. I often offend them without meaning to but I never know because they won't express it.
    ISFP - I don't know many of this type that I'm aware of
    ISTJ - Many try too hard to be INTJs and I see through the facade. I'm not rude enough to tell them my observations so they just sense I dislike them when its their insecurity I dislike.
    ISTP - They just don't get me, I think their harmless though and I'm likely not on their radar.
    ENFP - I find many of them attention seekers and self-centred. They will eventually tick me off to the point I become honest. Then to them I'm evil.

The types I get along with best who love me for who I am:
    Other INTPs - get us going and you will hear the funniest, most wittiest and interesting banter you've ever heard.
    INFJs are fascinated by me but keep trying to teach me and I'm more of a self-teacher so there is sometimes conflict but overall we get along
    INTJs - They like me when they get to know me and stop trying to think I'm them. I don't have some of their abilities and they lack some of mine. This can be a mutually respectful relationship
    ENTJs - I respect them and am not as easily offended by some of their behaviors as others.

As you can probably get I score very low on my sensing side. I can be outgoing and charming though but there is always a slight reserve because sensors can be very harsh on me. I try not to get too close to them because inevitably I will get burned. They will use my lack of sensing skills as ammo against me and I look like a prick if I point out their lack of intuitive abilities. I still attract them initially though because I'm very funny and have awesome sense of humour. They see my distance as snobbery but its actually more self-preservation because I know they will eventually burn me....they just don't know it yet.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by INTPPolly View Post
    INFJs are fascinated by me but keep trying to teach me and I'm more of a self-teacher so there is sometimes conflict but overall we get along
    Let me teach you..

Lol.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by INTPPolly View Post
    From a complete MBTI perspective this is why I think some other types dislike me:
    ESFJ - They are really really needy and I just don't have the energy to fulfill their needs. I understand them but don't think they can understand me so it leaves the responsibility of the relationship and getting along mostly in my hands...a person with limited social abilities.
    ESFP - They just see the "clique" doesn't fancy me as much so follow the crowd.
    ESTP - They think I'm a party pooper
    ESTJ - They think I'm irresponsible
    ISFJ - They are needy but don't admit it. I often offend them without meaning to but I never know because they won't express it.
    ISFP - I don't know many of this type that I'm aware of
    ISTJ - Many try too hard to be INTJs and I see through the facade. I'm not rude enough to tell them my observations so they just sense I dislike them when its their insecurity I dislike.
    ISTP - They just don't get me, I think their harmless though and I'm likely not on their radar.
    ENFP - I find many of them attention seekers and self-centred. They will eventually tick me off to the point I become honest. Then to them I'm evil.

The types I get along with best who love me for who I am:
    Other INTPs - get us going and you will hear the funniest, most wittiest and interesting banter you've ever heard.
    INTJs - They like me when they get to know me and stop trying to think I'm them. I don't have some of their abilities and they lack some of mine. This can be a mutually respectful relationship
    ENTJs - I respect them and am not as easily offended by some of their behaviors as others.

As you can probably get I score very low on my sensing side. I can be outgoing and charming though but there is always a slight reserve because sensors can be very harsh on me. I try not to get too close to them because inevitably I will get burned. They will use my lack of sensing skills as ammo against me and I look like a prick if I point out their lack of intuitive abilities. I still attract them initially though because I'm very funny and have awesome sense of humour. They see my distance as snobbery but its actually more self-preservation because I know they will eventually burn me....they just don't know it yet.
    GREAT FIRST POST!
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ed111 View Post
    Hmm, where do I start?

OK, I've wasted half a life time listening to INTPs drone on about a topic they're interested in. The thing is, it's quite often stuff that I'm also interested in, but by the time they've finished they're extended monologue I feel I've almost lost the will to live.

I've never met such a bunch of under achievers! I can't fault your knowledge or your logical reasoning, but why not try doing something useful with it? Knowledge is not an end in itself it's a tool to be used to solve real world problems don't you get it?

No one really cares how much you know or don't know. You may be lucky and have a superb manager such as an INTJ who will recognise your talents and tap into them to get a good solution, but more often than not you'll be overlooked for promotions because you appear to be lazy, indecisive, overly critical and argumentative, and frankly they'd rather be around someone they can have an enjoyable conversation with.

As for managing people:I almost split my sides laughing when I saw that someone had started a thread on INTP management. You can hardly manage yourselves never mind anyone else. You may have an understanding of astro-physics and be able to prove that x billion years into the future the universe will cease expanding and will reach a point of equilibrium, but you have a very tenuous grasp of what you'll be doing tomorrow evening (or possibly this evening).

In summary, INTP: a waste of a life.
    So says the type who are human robots, eh?

I'm an INTP, and I know what i'm doing tomorrow evening (eh, preparing for work on Monday?) and I have been considered for promotions at work, and am considered arguably the best employee in my unit.

But yes, INTJs can't accept that logic is not everything haha.. as I said, human robots...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ed111 View Post
    Hmm, where do I start?

OK, I've wasted half a life time listening to INTPs drone on about a topic they're interested in. The thing is, it's quite often stuff that I'm also interested in, but by the time they've finished they're extended monologue I feel I've almost lost the will to live.

I've never met such a bunch of under achievers! I can't fault your knowledge or your logical reasoning, but why not try doing something useful with it? Knowledge is not an end in itself it's a tool to be used to solve real world problems don't you get it?

No one really cares how much you know or don't know. You may be lucky and have a superb manager such as an INTJ who will recognise your talents and tap into them to get a good solution, but more often than not you'll be overlooked for promotions because you appear to be lazy, indecisive, overly critical and argumentative, and frankly they'd rather be around someone they can have an enjoyable conversation with.

As for managing people:I almost split my sides laughing when I saw that someone had started a thread on INTP management. You can hardly manage yourselves never mind anyone else. You may have an understanding of astro-physics and be able to prove that x billion years into the future the universe will cease expanding and will reach a point of equilibrium, but you have a very tenuous grasp of what you'll be doing tomorrow evening (or possibly this evening).

In summary, INTP: a waste of a life.
    So says the type who are human robots, eh?

I'm an INTP, and I know what i'm doing tomorrow evening (eh, preparing for work on Monday?) and I have been considered for promotions at work, and am considered arguably the best employee in my unit. And knowledge for knowledge sake is an application. People can learn things for pleasure, though you don't get/understand emotions, do you?

But yes, INTJs can't accept that logic is not everything haha.. as I said, human robots...

MBTI
    INtP

"OK, I've wasted half a life time listening to INTPs drone on about a topic they're interested in. The thing is, it's quite often stuff that I'm also interested in, but by the time they've finished they're extended monologue I feel I've almost lost the will to live."

this is our frustration when someone asks something that can be answered with multiple answers, forcing us to clarify what you meant, in order to give you the response that you have demanded from us.

what the INTP understands: why would someone want to continually seek out moments where they need clarifying? logical conclusion: they are not ......

MBTI
    INtP

and another point,

we are not lazy or procrastinators, we are patiently waiting for every other type to conclude its own demise, while it is busy actually physically doing it. our interest lies in whether the other types will realise what they are doing, before they actually do it. but to prove how sure we are that they won't, we actually feel confidant in doing nothing, and yet are still able to realise that by doing nothing, we are actually doing everything we need to be doing.

once you lot are gone, we can then get busy "doing" the work that has to be done, in order to make the world a better place, after we get over the fact that we have already done it...

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by mhc View Post
    and another point,

we are not lazy or procrastinators, we are patiently waiting for every other type to conclude its own demise, while it is busy actually physically doing it.
    I can't speak for you, but I think I am actually really lazy. I'm working on that, though. Laziness is the boss I need to fight in order to reach the next level.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INtP

don't worry, once you realise your already at the level your meant to be, you'll be able to fully embrace your laziness, as you will have found a way to logically accept it.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by mhc View Post
    don't worry, once you realise your already at the level your meant to be, you'll be able to fully embrace your laziness, as you will have found a way to logically accept it.
    Meant to be? By what or whom? I don't need self-acceptance, at this point, and it gets kind of tiresome to hear that. As though behavior and personal efforts don't count for anything, and don't impact anything, least of all yourself. Nothing I have observed suggests that this is the case.

If you don't mind me asking, are you in your early twenties?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78