User Tag List

First 182627282930 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    Mm, I'm a little different. I know that I experience the behavior @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=4945" target="_blank">EJCC</a> describes in small bits and pieces. But I rarely, if ever, exhibit it. I know it's irrational, and when I'm upset, I mostly try and think of a solution rather than mope around... for too long.

Maybe it's an enneagram thing, maybe it's just a disposition thing. You don't seem to exhibit a lot of neurosis over all, must be nice.
    Whenever I do (have some weird thought that doesn't make sense), I shoot it down immidiatly by firing it right back at myself.

Probably also why I I tend to make fun of myself a lot. I keep myself sane by exposing all insanity before it has the chance to bloom.

----
    ...Wait, waaaait, here it comes! This thought, it does not belong, initiate protocol mindkiller!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    What would INTP shadow mode look like in an ESFJ though? Analysis paralysis?

I've been seriously wondering.
    Well, defining shadow mode as your tert/inferior qualities lashing out works when an INTP having a hissy fit looks like he's misusing his Fe and Si. But do ESFJs really lash out or mope with Ti/Ne? For ESFJ shadow modes, the best I can think of is making some snide comment about someone's competency.

But that doesn't really hold much water, so it makes me think that the reaction EJCC describes is something isn't exclusive or particular to the INTP shadow mode. The paranoid, ego-centric 'everyone hates me' funk is something I've seen ESFJs get too. Then again, just because other types exhibit that kind of behavior doesn't mean it can't still be a part of the INTP's shadow mode.

But then I realize I don't actually know what 'shadow modes' entail.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    This......... is a thing of beauty.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    What would INTP shadow mode look like in an ESFJ though? Analysis paralysis?

I've been seriously wondering.
    Yeah somewhat. A kind of "I've got to find out the Truth!". Obsessively going to people asking their opinion, seeking advice from experts. May need help with complex issues, insist on tackling it themselves and refuse any help at all and then see their failure as proof that they are incompetent. Focus on irrelevant events to explain problems or issues...or what they imagine to be an issue. Become quick to criticize, cruel, and angry. Guilt trips. Fe turns inside out--used to create disharmony instead of harmony, drives others away and then this is taken as "proof" that people didn't care/like/love in the first place.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Focus on irrelevant events to explain problems or issues...or what they imagine to be an issue. Become quick to criticize, cruel, and angry. Guilt trips. Fe turns inside out--used to create disharmony instead of harmony, drives others away and then this is taken as "proof" that people didn't care/like/love in the first place.
    Oddly, I've seen this in the INTP I was referring to. It makes it hard to escape the guilt tripping, if you're the one they consider to be "at fault", or the one conspiring against them, because they've placed so goddamn much blame on you, not just for your actions, but for your feelings.

I'd like to think that most INTPs don't resort to accusing people of feeling the wrong thing, when they're upset. It sucks to be on the receiving end of that.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I'd like to think that most INTPs don't resort to accusing people of feeling the wrong thing, when they're upset. It sucks to be on the receiving end of that.
    Not all of us are, I promise!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    But that doesn't really hold much water, so it makes me think that the reaction EJCC describes is something isn't exclusive or particular to the INTP shadow mode. The paranoid, ego-centric 'everyone hates me' funk is something I've seen ESFJs get too.
    It isn't paranoia when it's true.

(Refers you to thread title)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    xxTP

I think the 'ESFJ shadow mode' is reserved for INTP's that deeply care about other peoples opinions.

I don't have it. :P

Or alternatively, it could more of an enneagram issue.
    The more something is repressed, the more we "care deeply" about it, and it dominates our actions unconsciously (but everyone else sees it).

Probably, your Fe is quite developed, and this would be precisely why you don't care deeply about what other people think, because you can admit to yourself in the moment, that you do care a bit, and then, it's dealt with.

I used to deny to myself that I would care about someone's reaction, or even be genuinely unaware of it. I might be feeling bad and not even know why. This would lead to an explosion disguised as a defence of objectivity.

Now, I have a trick. I still naturally "scorn" other people reactions, but I notice, I don't feel better. So I learnt to consciously say to myself: "Il Morto Che Parla, you feel bad because of the way X reacted to you". Then I'll be like "yes, I do. that makes sense". Then I will be annoyed/sad for 5 minutes, and then happy again.

I hate INTPs for the blatant absence of any criticism of me for necro'ing this long dead thread. Why are you standing there and letting me escape unscathed? Is it laziness? Pfff.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    I hate INTPs for the blatant absence of any criticism of me for necro'ing this long dead thread. Why are you standing there and letting me escape unscathed? Is it laziness? Pfff.
    INTP's don't mind being hated. It's the only form of attention that we can indulge in. If anything, we love you long time for the attention you give us!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

INTP's don't mind being hated. It's the only form of attention that we can indulge in. If anything, we love you long time for the attention you give us!
    I see. Thank you. I was worried about the inner SFJ, the neat freak who would be upset that someone has just dug up a heavily decomposed (and very stinky) corpse and dumped it right in the middle of your nice clean rug, spoiling said rug and the scent in the room for weeks.