User Tag List

First 172526272829 Last

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post

Ne is just an effeminate function. Jung himself called male ENTP's the most feminine of all types; I don't find it coincidental.
    Is there a source for this? I've always believed that stereotypically F's are seen as more feminine with NFPs scoring higher than NTPs.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Is there a source for this? I've always believed that stereotypically F's are seen as more feminine with NFPs scoring higher than NTPs.
    Of course there isn't. Jung didn't even recognise ENTPs as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I appreciate the clarification.

Junior Member atreasuredembrace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram

Ehhh does it really matter who's more feminine and masculine?

I mean you're always gonna have those masculine females and feminine males irl.
    Make it bold and beautiful.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post

I see the error of my ways. I meant most feminine of the T types. Fx is a stereotypical 'female' function, more so than Nx.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post

Even were there not, the conclusions can be drawn similarly.

Quote Originally Posted by atreasuredembrace View Post
    Ehhh does it really matter who's more feminine and masculine?

I mean you're always gonna have those masculine females and feminine males irl.

What good is studying typology if I cannot culture an Us and Them mentality?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by atreasuredembrace View Post
    I hope no other ESFJs have posted the same thing I'm posting but oh well...

Seriously, INTPs gotta know when to chill man. How come they get to complain about ESFJs so much when we irritate them and get all the support, but then when it's the other way around, we get no say. UGH... it's like do they really cherish the relationship/friendship at all? Correct me if I'm wrong on this one but the INTP's shadow is a very bad ESFJ and an ESFJ's shadow is a negative INTP. ::sigh:: It's like, we can never give each other to understand each other's pain when really we have a lot more in common than what is visible O______O

It's like we can't accept our own shadows in real life /)___(\

If we just placed our egos aside and really humbled ourselves (You know, with INTP's need to always be right and ESFJ's need to always be on top and in control, whether right or wrong), I really think our relationships would be much better and would output a lot of growth on both ends.
    Agreed!

I haven't seen much INTP shadow mode in the ESFJs I'm friends with, but I've had some experience with ESFJ shadow mode in INTPs, and it's a bitch to be around (as in the part of your post that I bolded). Completely out of nowhere, everything becomes a personal insult, everything becomes part of a conspiracy against them, everything becomes a sign that they are unloved and unappreciated -- and if you try to reason with them, they will assume that they know what you're going to say, and cut you off. Of all shadow modes that I've been around, I consider that one the hardest to deal with, and the most hurtful to people on the receiving end, because it's so personal.

(Edit: It's possible that it isn't quite so bad with other INTPs... and I really hope that's the case, because I haven't experienced anything milder.)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Agreed!

I haven't seen much INTP shadow mode in the ESFJs I'm friends with, but I've had some experience with ESFJ shadow mode in INTPs, and it's a bitch to be around (as in the part of your post that I bolded). Completely out of nowhere, everything becomes a personal insult, everything becomes part of a conspiracy against them, everything becomes a sign that they are unloved and unappreciated -- and if you try to reason with them, they will assume that they know what you're going to say, and cut you off. Of all shadow modes that I've been around, I consider that one the hardest to deal with, and the most hurtful to people on the receiving end, because it's so personal.

(Edit: It's possible that it isn't quite so bad with other INTPs... and I really hope that's the case, because I haven't experienced anything milder.)
    I think the 'ESFJ shadow mode' is reserved for INTP's that deeply care about other peoples opinions.

I don't have it. :P

Or alternatively, it could more of an enneagram issue.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I think the 'ESFJ shadow mode' is reserved for INTP's that deeply care about other peoples opinions.

I don't have it. :P

Or alternatively, it could more of an enneagram issue.
    Mm, I'm a little different. I know that I experience the behavior @EJCC describes in small bits and pieces. But I rarely, if ever, exhibit it. I know it's irrational, and when I'm upset, I mostly try and think of a solution rather than mope around... for too long.

Maybe it's an enneagram thing, maybe it's just a disposition thing. You don't seem to exhibit a lot of neurosis over all, must be nice.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

@Fluffywolf and @Ism, it would make sense that, what with you guys being Nines, you'd be more self-aware and controlled about that shadow state. The INTP I was primarily drawing from, in my post, is likely a 5w6.

Also, good on you guys, for fighting that.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

What would INTP shadow mode look like in an ESFJ though? Analysis paralysis?

I've been seriously wondering.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari