User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 332

  1. #11
    Senior Member bluebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    *squishy hug for groovejet*
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

  2. #12
    Senior Member groovejet02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    *squishy hug for groovejet*
    Eh? Hmm ... wha-


  3. #13
    Senior Member groovejet02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Absolutely love talking to you guys, but don't like the side effects that often occur (aka head ache!). It's worth it though
    I never knew how annoying I could be until I got into a 3-hour long argument on Skype with an INTP from Amsterdam about something or other ( I had forgotten the original proposition not even halfway through the argument, but continued to argue anyway out of stubbornness, as I'm sure so did he. Tiring!)


  4. #14
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Fine, I hate you because you're too aware of your own level of rational analytical ability and it generates overconfidence in opinions that you've spent a lot of time rehashing in your mind/reassuring yourself are correct.

    I hate you because you think that spending more time considering all the angles than most people entitles you to ignore new evidence when it's presented.

    I hate you because you fail to consider that someone else, perhaps an INTJ, could come to a better conclusion than yours in less time and with less consideration.

    I hate you because you insist on viewing yourselves as the most rational type, and yet you irrationally waste tremendous amounts of time and energy proving your points to people who neither understand nor appreciate them. You are often pathologically, emotionally, irrationally attached to feeling right. (INTJs don't do this...but new studies show this behavior may also be characteristic of ENTPs )

    I hate you because you perpetuate your own high instance of clinical depression by repeating depressing behaviors.

    I hate you because you're even more emotionally incompetent than ENTPs, and that's really fucking saying something.

    I hate you because you're usually right, and you know it, and so when you're wrong it's absolutely impossible to convince you of it.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  5. #15
    Senior Member groovejet02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Fine, I hate you because you're too aware of your own level of rational analytical ability and it generates overconfidence in opinions that you've spent a lot of time rehashing in your mind/reassuring yourself are correct.

    I hate you because you think that spending more time considering all the angles than most people entitles you to ignore new evidence when it's presented.

    I hate you because you fail to consider that someone else, perhaps an INTJ, could come to a better conclusion than yours in less time and with less consideration.

    I hate you because you insist on viewing yourselves as the most rational type, and yet you irrationally waste tremendous amounts of time and energy proving your points to people who neither understand nor appreciate them. You are often pathologically, emotionally, irrationally attached to feeling right. [/I](INTJs don't do this...but new studies show this behavior may also be characteristic of ENTPs )

    I hate you because you perpetuate your own high instance of clinical depression by repeating depressing behaviors.

    I hate you because you're usually right, and you know it, and so when you're wrong it's absolutely impossible to convince you of it.
    *counts*

    + 6

  6. #16
    Lallygag Moderator Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Fine, I hate you because you're too aware of your own level of rational analytical ability and it generates overconfidence in opinions that you've spent a lot of time rehashing in your mind/reassuring yourself are correct.

    I hate you because you think that spending more time considering all the angles than most people entitles you to ignore new evidence when it's presented.

    I hate you because you fail to consider that someone else, perhaps an INTJ, could come to a better conclusion than yours in less time and with less consideration.

    I hate you because you insist on viewing yourselves as the most rational type, and yet you irrationally waste tremendous amounts of time and energy proving your points to people who neither understand nor appreciate them. You are often pathologically, emotionally, irrationally attached to feeling right. [/I](INTJs don't do this...but new studies show this behavior may also be characteristic of ENTPs )

    I hate you because you perpetuate your own high instance of clinical depression by repeating depressing behaviors.

    I hate you because you're usually right, and you know it, and so when you're wrong it's absolutely impossible to convince you of it.
    Some of this rings true, but a large chunk doesn't. Don't forget, the INTP is.. just like the ENTP.. an external Ne. Both types prefer to keep changing their mind, and leave their options open.

    I dont, in my experience, very often see INTPs as impossible to convince nor do I find them likely to ignore new evidence - in fact they get quite excited about new facts because it's feeds Ne, and allows them to bubble stuff around again.

    Now.. some of the criticisms you raise could entirely be given to people who type themselves as INTPs, and try to act as they think an INTP should, but probably are not actually INTP.

  7. #17
    Senior Member groovejet02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post

    I hate you because you fail to consider that someone else, perhaps an INTJ, could come to a better conclusion than yours in less time and with less consideration.
    But INTJs love to bullshit sometimes.

    INTJ best friend: I believe the economic crisis was created by the Obama team to increase his chances of winning the presidential bid.
    Me: Bullshit.
    INTJ best friend: What?!
    Me: What evidence do you have?
    INTJ best friend: Hehe, none. But I'll go find one.

  8. #18
    Senior Member groovejet02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Some of this rings true, but a large chunk doesn't. Don't forget, the INTP is.. just like the ENTP.. an external Ne. Both types prefer to keep changing their mind, and leave their options open.

    I dont, in my experience, very often see INTPs as impossible to convince nor do I find them likely to ignore new evidence - in fact they get quite excited about new facts because it's feeds Ne, and allows them to bubble stuff around again.

    Now.. some of the criticisms you raise could entirely be given to people who type themselves as INTPs, and try to act as they think an INTP should, but probably are not actually INTP.
    Sometimes INTPs are open-minded, but sometimes when people contradict their argument it simply pisses them off terribly because they have figured out something so thoroughly in their head and therefore are too convinced of their rightness.

    INTPs aren't as logical as they idealize themselves to be, especially when they have a very underdeveloped Fi gnawing and threatening to burst. This depends a lot on the maturity of the INTP in question.

  9. #19
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    Sometimes INTPs are open-minded, but sometimes when people contradict their argument it simply pisses them off terribly because they have figured out something so thoroughly in their head and therefore are too convinced of their rightness.

    INTPs aren't as logical as they idealize themselves to be, especially when they have a very underdeveloped Fi gnawing and threatening to burst. This depends a lot on the maturity of the INTP in question.
    Yes, that.

    Also, you're a bunch of scallywags and carpetbaggers.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  10. #20
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    I don't hate you.

    But then I don't really hate anybody. (And I know, feeler types are convinced what an entp consider as 'meh boring' = 'pure hatred', but no that's just the common F delusion about ENTPs)

    I shall be back with snarky comments in my spare time. Beware
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] The Official INTJ Haters' Thread
    By TheLastMohican in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 420
    Last Post: 05-15-2017, 02:12 PM
  2. [ENTP] The Official ENTP Haters' Thread
    By EcK in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 652
    Last Post: 06-14-2016, 05:25 PM
  3. [INTJ] The Official INTJ Hunters' Thread
    By Ming in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 01-12-2015, 11:21 PM
  4. The Official Funny Picture Thread...
    By Samvega in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 04:41 PM
  5. [ISTJ] The Official ISTJ Fanclub Thread
    By RansomedbyFire in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 11:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO