User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 332

  1. #121
    Lallygag Moderator Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    From what everyones saying INTPs are hated for there extreme use of Ti. What about INTPs with good Ne?

    Also the doing things thing or how we just don't do stuff. I've heard that as INTP get older they actual become alot better at it. True? False?
    As types get older, they typically desire a little novelty in using functions that don't sit in the main preferences.. so an INTP might want to experience a little structure (SJ) or go do an outside hobby with other people...

    I've found it like that. I'm way more social than I was at 21. I do far more.. non INTP (or non INFP) things.

  2. #122
    Senior Member Willfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed111 View Post
    For what purpose?
    Lets see.. I really can't deny your claims, but I don't like them. Purpose: Angsty nerd rage.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

  3. #123
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    I think I speak for us all when I say I hate MacGuffin.

  4. #124
    Member SilentStream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SurlyAdam View Post
    You people can't seem to honor your "Library Card User Rights and Responsibilities!" When you check out a book, you must return it by the due date. That the book "means more" to you is not a valid excuse for hoarding. You belong in jail, every last one of you INTPs under 30 who haven't yet learned how to behave in modern society.

    I'm serious, sort of...

  5. #125
    Senior Member ed111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    Lets see.. I really can't deny your claims, but I don't like them. Purpose: Angsty nerd rage.
    That's fine then: as long as I'm right please feel free to rage

  6. #126
    Senior Member SurlyAdam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStream View Post
    You know what I'm talkin' about!

    I knew an INTP who had the most diverse and extravagant book collection I have ever seen. Though extravagant may be a bit misleading because she didn't pay for any of them. And it's not as though there was any rational organization of the collection either. Books were everywhere - indoors, outdoors, books in the kitchen and all over the furnature... In fact, her bed was covered in books and she slept on the floor. There where even sun-bleached books filling the back seat of her car, yet she had not purchased any of them. She could no longer obtain a legitimate library card west of the Mississippi, and I'm quite certain the authorities were involved at some point. Not sure who she's stealing her books from now...

  7. #127
    a scream in a vortex nanook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    hm, i stole a few comics from the library when i was a child, for instance:
    the dark knight (frank miller)
    the gardens of aedena (moebius)
    but then again i am just an infx

  8. #128
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Fine, I hate you because you're too aware of your own level of rational analytical ability and it generates overconfidence in opinions that you've spent a lot of time rehashing in your mind/reassuring yourself are correct.

    I hate you because you think that spending more time considering all the angles than most people entitles you to ignore new evidence when it's presented.

    I hate you because you fail to consider that someone else, perhaps an INTJ, could come to a better conclusion than yours in less time and with less consideration.

    I hate you because you insist on viewing yourselves as the most rational type, and yet you irrationally waste tremendous amounts of time and energy proving your points to people who neither understand nor appreciate them. You are often pathologically, emotionally, irrationally attached to feeling right. (INTJs don't do this...but new studies show this behavior may also be characteristic of ENTPs )

    I hate you because you perpetuate your own high instance of clinical depression by repeating depressing behaviors.

    I hate you because you're even more emotionally incompetent than ENTPs, and that's really fucking saying something.

    I hate you because you're usually right, and you know it, and so when you're wrong it's absolutely impossible to convince you of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Some of this rings true, but a large chunk doesn't. Don't forget, the INTP is.. just like the ENTP.. an external Ne. Both types prefer to keep changing their mind, and leave their options open.

    I dont, in my experience, very often see INTPs as impossible to convince nor do I find them likely to ignore new evidence - in fact they get quite excited about new facts because it's feeds Ne, and allows them to bubble stuff around again.

    Now.. some of the criticisms you raise could entirely be given to people who type themselves as INTPs, and try to act as they think an INTP should, but probably are not actually INTP.
    I agree with Geoff. INTPs only get rigid in two circumstances:

    1) violation of internal principle;
    2) we finally (finally!) made a decision and people want us to reconsider.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    Are you sure he isn't/wasn't INFP? The thought of a whiney INTP is impossible for me to digest.
    How can you call yourself INTP when you don't even know what an INTP is? INTPs are the master whiners!

    Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    INTP's are sooooo creepy when they try to flirt, which seems to be with, ahem, everybody. The image of an excited puppy attempting to hump my leg comes to mind.
    :pornstar:

    Quote Originally Posted by ed111 View Post
    I've never met such a bunch of under achievers! I can't fault your knowledge or your logical reasoning, but why not try doing something useful with it? Knowledge is not an end in itself it's a tool to be used to solve real world problems don't you get it?
    I demand you either retract those words or change your avatar, you hypocrite!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    INTPs just can't get themselves sorted and make others sort their shit out. It's like having to do the shoelaces of a highly intelligent 5-year-old.
    When I was a child I'd take my bottle and hand it to an adult. They'd hold it and I'd stand there and drink from it. This way, I wouldn't have to hold it myself.

    Just face it: you got played!

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I think I speak for us all when I say I hate MacGuffin.
    For the last time, I won't give you any babies!

  9. #129
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    No babies?! You monster!

  10. #130
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    No babies?! You monster!
    Go entrap an ENTP! They're easy.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] The Official INTJ Haters' Thread
    By TheLastMohican in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 420
    Last Post: 05-15-2017, 02:12 PM
  2. [ENTP] The Official ENTP Haters' Thread
    By EcK in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 652
    Last Post: 06-14-2016, 05:25 PM
  3. [INTJ] The Official INTJ Hunters' Thread
    By Ming in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 01-12-2015, 11:21 PM
  4. The Official Funny Picture Thread...
    By Samvega in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 04:41 PM
  5. [ISTJ] The Official ISTJ Fanclub Thread
    By RansomedbyFire in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 11:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO