User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Hmm, where do I start?

OK, I've wasted half a life time listening to INTPs drone on about a topic they're interested in. The thing is, it's quite often stuff that I'm also interested in, but by the time they've finished they're extended monologue I feel I've almost lost the will to live.

I've never met such a bunch of under achievers! I can't fault your knowledge or your logical reasoning, but why not try doing something useful with it? Knowledge is not an end in itself it's a tool to be used to solve real world problems don't you get it?

No one really cares how much you know or don't know. You may be lucky and have a superb manager such as an INTJ who will recognise your talents and tap into them to get a good solution, but more often than not you'll be overlooked for promotions because you appear to be lazy, indecisive, overly critical and argumentative, and frankly they'd rather be around someone they can have an enjoyable conversation with.

As for managing people:I almost split my sides laughing when I saw that someone had started a thread on INTP management. You can hardly manage yourselves never mind anyone else. You may have an understanding of astro-physics and be able to prove that x billion years into the future the universe will cease expanding and will reach a point of equilibrium, but you have a very tenuous grasp of what you'll be doing tomorrow evening (or possibly this evening).

In summary, INTP: a waste of a life.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Darkness View Post
    <_<

People who overestimate their intelligence irritate me...so I tend to avoid INTs, which sucks because my own family is full of them.
    I really hate this. However, I don't believe it has to do with type. Generally, the only people that DON'T overestimate their own intelligence are those people that are so stupid they're not even self aware.

Most folks tend to think they're as good as anyone else. Their critical error is that they are probably as 'smart' as most other people, because frankly most people are pretty dumb.

If they do perceive someone is smarter than themselves, they'll try to undermine that person in other ways by making statements like, "oh yeah? well you're not as smart as you think you are!" or "you're full of yourself, I've never met anyone quite so arrogant", or by bitching about them in other ways such as the way they dress, the way they act etc. as if that had anything to do with how smart someone is? Arghh.

INTPs just can't get themselves sorted and make others sort their shit out. It's like having to do the shoelaces of a highly intelligent 5-year-old.

They trust too much in logic and look down upon people who might consider "Oh my God!" emotions. Quite a few emotional retards.

Offensive humour, in a bad way. They just don't know where the line is.

They are unreliable.

Arrogant.

My brother is an unhealthy INTP so I a had my fair share of negative experiences with this type.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

From what everyones saying INTPs are hated for there extreme use of Ti. What about INTPs with good Ne?

Also the doing things thing or how we just don't do stuff. I've heard that as INTP get older they actual become alot better at it. True? False?
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

some of the attitudes and things said in intpcentral by intps make me sick.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

INTPs are too apathetic.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

no, everyone else jsut gets worked up over petty little issues.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

INTPs can be passive aggressive.

INTPs can be oblivious.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

stay out of my head!

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    That's just funny. How can you hate anyone who's that honest.
    You can't. [/thread]

Seriously though, as an example I happen to adore cars. I'm obsessed with them, I have been since I was a little boy. I make a point of talking about them as little as possible in public, because people are dumb. I can't have a conversation about cars with many people out there, they're just too ignorant, too dense. Part of me wants to 'educate' them, but there are so many misnomers flying around I'd rather not. It's not worth my time to 'educate' someone on the subject if they're just going to dismiss what I've said and keep on being an ignoramus because they heard something from 'some guy' once before.

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    INTPs are too apathetic.
    I don't care what you think.