• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Famous ENTJs

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Being your opposite type, I would like to see what kind of people fall under the categories of ENTJs.

I will start;

Napoleon Bonaparte
AL Gore
Magaret Thatcher
Bill Gates (which I highly doubt but I will add here anyway)
Steve Jobs
General Douglas Macarthur
Fidel Castro
Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
Adolf Hitler

These are all I can think of. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
alexander hamilton

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Newt Gingrich
Condoleezza Rice
Rahm Emanuel

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I can't resist these:

George Clooney
Jay-Z
William H. Macy
Gordon Ramsay
James Woods
James Cameron
George Bernard Shaw
Jack London

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't resist these:

George Clooney
Jay-Z
William H. Macy
Gordon Ramsay
James Woods
James Cameron
George Bernard Shaw
Jack London

id be curious to hear about jay-z.... its not often that big time musicians are ENTJ

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hitler = INFJ. Otherwise there are a lot of generals that are ENTJs.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Being your opposite type, I would like to see what kind of people fall under the categories of ENTJs.

I will start;

Napoleon Bonaparte
AL Gore
Magaret Thatcher
Bill Gates (which I highly doubt but I will add here anyway)
Steve Jobs
General Douglas Macarthur
Fidel Castro
Mustafa Kemal Atat�rk
Adolf Hitler

These are all I can think of. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
Napoleon- INTJ
Gore- INTJ
Steve Jobs- possibly ENTP
Hitler- INFJ :doh:

JHBowden

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
IRL:

Napoleon Bonaparte, the all-time ENTJ champion
Bill Gates, the current ENTJ poster-boy
David Petraeus (general)
Steven Weinberg (physicist)
Dick Cheney (American politician)
Bob Saget (comedian)

Fictional:

Moses (The Bible)
Jed Bartlett (The West Wing)
Michael Corleone (The Godfather)
Charles Foster Kane (Citizen Kane)
Howard Roark (The Fountainhead)
Ebenezer Scrooge (A Christmas Carol)
Lex Luthor (Superman)
Daniel Plainview (There Will Be Blood)
Megatron (Transformers)
Montgomery Burns (The Simpsons)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Napoleon- INTJ
Petraeus- ESTJ
Cheney- INTJ
Moses- ENFJ
Michael Corleone- Obvious INTJ chessmaster is fucking obvious
Scrooge- I actually think ISTJ. That or INTJ with Foreman syndrome.
Mr. Burns- Clearly INTJ.

JHBowden

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Alexei, is there an echo in here?

The difference between an infantile Fi and an infantile Se reliably tells between ENTJ and INTJ.

Jung, for example, described the unconscious feelings of the extraverted thinking type as "petty," "mistrustful," "crotchety," with a "sultry and resentful character."

The introverted intuitive type, on the other hand, can come off like a "crank," "lost in far off things," with little consciousness of bodily existence and therefore at risk to "intemperance and instinctuality."

In practice, the ENTJ, not recoiling for the consequences of his own thought, usually has a cold, sharp edge with a pessimistic vision of life, while the INTJs are more gooey and share an optimistic vision of the universe. Consider someone like Dawkins, who frequently and fanatically describes his vision of life as elegant, beautiful, and inspiring, with the cold judgment of Weinberg, with its unrelenting, uncompromising doom.

You're also probably confusing extraversion with liking people, which is a huge mistake for the reasons above. An ENTJ will feel truly alive when animated by objective goals and conditions, though this is not the personal, ritualizing team-building that oozes from enthusiastic Fe types.

The differences between ESTJ and ENTJ are easy to spot in practice. One can see the Ni in the back of an ENTJs head, if you will, since the head wobbles and the eyes want to dart around when they speak. Plus the hands tend to be used in a conceptual way. ESTJs usually keep a fixed position, and keep their eyes firmly on their targets. Watch some video and you'll catch what I'm saying. Joe Scarborough, Ed Schultz, Bill O'Reilly, those are better examples of ESTJs.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The difference between an infantile Fi and an infantile Se reliably tells between ENTJ and INTJ.
Correct, which is precisely why I typed Napoleon INTJ -- he was a sappy romantic, indicating his Fi is far too strong to be inferior. On the other hand he displayed no Se whatsoever, outside of the Socionics definition of the function (which is completely different from the MBTI one).

In practice, the ENTJ, not recoiling for the consequences of his own thought, usually has a cold, sharp edge with a pessimistic vision of life, while the INTJs are more gooey and share an optimistic vision of the universe. Consider someone like Dawkins, who frequently and fanatically describes his vision of life as elegant, beautiful, and inspiring, with the cold judgment of Weinberg, with its unrelenting, uncompromising doom.

You're also probably confusing extraversion with liking people, which is a huge mistake for the reasons above. An ENTJ will feel truly alive when animated by objective goals and conditions, though this is not the personal, ritualizing team-building that oozes from enthusiastic Fe types.

The differences between ESTJ and ENTJ are easy to spot in practice. One can see the Ni in the back of an ENTJs head, if you will, since the head wobbles and the eyes want to dart around when they speak. Plus the hands tend to be used in a conceptual way. ESTJs usually keep a fixed position, and keep their eyes firmly on their targets. Watch some video and you'll catch what I'm saying. Joe Scarborough, Ed Schultz, Bill O'Reilly, those are better examples of ESTJs.
One- Extroversion does not have to mean liking people, but it does have to mean liking being around people -- even just to be a bossy dick. Burns and Cheney (and Corleone though he was more of a smooth operator) are creepy unsociable things who display a need for time alone, and generally prefer operating in the shadows.

Two- A person's body language is not really a very faithful predictor of their thought process -- the kind of ideas that result is a better indicator. Petraeus has done nothing throughout his (semi-public) career that indicates Ni use.

Three- The examples you used as evidence are sort of suspect because you fucked up their types too. :coffee:

Richard Dawkins- ENTJ
Bill O'Reilly- Very fucking obvious ESFJ.

JHBowden

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Aleksei--

I will grant you that extroverts feel comfortable in social settings; that does not mean extroverts are necessarily energized by other people.

Body language says everything; the limbic system is the most honest mechanism of the human body. Actors, salesmen, pickup artists, business executives, not to mention evolutionary psychologists, all pay great attention to body language; entire books have been written on it. Consider this video of Dawkins and Weinberg.[YOUTUBE="edsDrqfDVKY"]Dawkins and Weinberg[/YOUTUBE]Weinberg's default position has his hands apart, legs relaxed and crossed. Dawkins on the other hand keeps his hands closed together, touches his face repeatedly, keeps his legs apart, and is leaning back into the corner of his chair, which means he isn't completely comfortable in a public setting at all.

Perhaps you need to get better at picking up on social cues before making dogmatic, unsupported judgments about what is obvious and what is not. I'm not sure how you're picking up personal consideration, inclusiveness, human connection, a win-win approach to others in Bill O'Reilly. Sheesh!

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aleksei--

I will grant you that extroverts feel comfortable in social settings; that does not mean extroverts are necessarily energized by other people.
Being energized by social contact is the very definition of extroversion.