User Tag List

First 1234 Last

To be more specific, I identify with, and am a proponent of, postcolonial feminism.

The future of our global welfare, in terms of International Health, starts with the grassroots of looking at maternal & child health. Women are intrinsically tied to the welfare of our future, but, are often overlooked, misrepresented, marginalized and supressed, esp. at a global level (i.e., moving out of the sphere of Western social & cultural milieu and ideology).
    I believe the dismal state of the globe can only be targeted if we effectively target women around the globe first. They are the change.

MBTI
    INTP

Hah. My girlfriend, who is an INTP, has stated her gender matters very little to her. Though she did get offended one time when I made a joke about her needing to make my dinner.
    Hands in the air, it's a robbery.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    What does this have to do with feminism?
    Basically just that she has got the feeling to come off as a feminist, though she is none (at least thats what she tells me ).
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Drifter View Post
    Hah. My girlfriend, who is an INTP, has stated her gender matters very little to her. Though she did get offended one time when I made a joke about her needing to make my dinner.
    Sounds like a feminist. . . in that things only get hairy (hyuk hyuk) when women who don't find their uterus the be-all of their being are reminded of "their place" as uterus possessors.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Basically just that she has got the feeling to come off as a feminist, though she is none (at least thats what she tells me ).
    I dunno. I didn't get that she came off feminist by your description - just unfeminine.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Everybody really thinks she is hot, but she has got no boyfriend, because she walks, talks and behaves like a man. I will not say there is typical behaviour for a female, but the way she behaves, she doesnt come off attractive. I know her more personally and I know she has got problems with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    What does this have to do with feminism?

Wha the...?????
    Acting like a man = come off as a feminist????

Um...acting and behaving like a man is not feminism but unfeminine. Unless you're cracking jokes about feminists and/or providing uninformed stereotypes.

In that case....um....haha? (although, it's a lame over-done joke, imo).

Edit: ohhhh, man, entropie, now you've gone and done it.....invited the wrath of feminists. Good luck to you and your penis.

MBTI
    ENTJ

'feminism' defined as believing women should have the same rights and opportunities as men and be free to make their own personal choices? Yes, I believe those things.

'feminism' defined as believing in the patriarchy, seeing femaleness as inherently superior to maleness and accusing any woman who disagrees with you as brainwashed and male-identified? No, not at all.

I'm wary of the word feminism. If you asked me on the street if I was a feminist I would hem and haw. I got kicked out of a 'feminist' group during undergrad for espousing views they didn't like, and I got kicked out in an ugly and underhanded way. That experience and a couple of others have just made me nervous about self identifying as 'feminist' because I do NOT wanted to be lumped in with small minded ideologues, of any stripe.

That and my belief that there is no patriarchal conspiracy to keep women down and that men are actually quite fabulous and handy. As are women.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

of course i Know that acting like a men is not feminism.

That girl I am talking about is generally considered a hardcore lesbian, though she is just a very practical rational ISTJ / INTJ or INTP maybe. She ia having a hard time about that, I am just trying to find a solution to the problem, because it is a problem to her.

Well but you are right, maybe this is offtopic
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Drifter View Post
    Hah. My girlfriend, who is an INTP, has stated her gender matters very little to her.
    This plus this:

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    'feminism' defined as believing women should have the same rights and opportunities as men and be free to make their own personal choices? Yes, I believe those things.
    One thing I dislike these days is people making a fuss over gender if someone happens to be in a field that's dominated by the other gender. IMO, it's counterproductive and annoying to highlight it.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    INTP

I have to agree entirely with everything Kangirl said.
    Yes, I believe women and men should have equal rights.
    Everyone should (unless they choose to do something horrible etc etc I'm not going to go into this...).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    But really, are there any educated women who believe that equal rights for women are not desirable? That might be a more interesting question.
    Interestingly, I had a conversation with one ISFJ about this. She believes that women should not be allowed to do typical "male" jobs such as being CEO of a company or president of a country. Her reasoning is that women are inherently more emotional and moody than men and as such will be prone to rash and unfavorable decisions. She was planning on moving if Hillary Clinton had won the presidency. I would say she is fairly educated for your average American, but she staunchly holds to this view.