User Tag List

View Poll Results: INTJ Poll: What's Your Birth Order?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eldest/Elder Child

23 46.94%
  • Middle Child

9 18.37%
  • Youngest/Younger Child

9 18.37%
  • Only Child

8 16.33%
123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default INTJ Poll: What's Your Birth Order?

There's been some mention about INTJs often being eldest or only children. I was just curious to know what birth order other INTJs on this forum claim.

Just to be clear, sometimes long spaces of time between siblings can affect individuals differently. You could, technically, be the youngest, but because of a 10 year age difference between your elder siblings, you identify more as an only child.

Birth order intrigues me because I have never fit my supposed birth order personality. I got a lot of guff from one of my teachers in 3rd grade because I didn't fit the typical "youngest" personality type. "She should be out-going and adventurous," said my teacher. I'm only three years younger than my next sister, so I'm not an artificial only child. So, I guess I'm kind of interested in birth order and also kind of skeptical of it.

Anyway, take the poll. I'm curious about the breakdown of the results. I think Myers-Briggs is more accurate, more often than birth order assessments, but I'm still curious to know how everyone fits.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm the eldest in my family, and I've often thought about this same question, whether or not the responsibility thrust upon me caused me maybe to think more in terms of life holding that kind of assumed responsibility and necessity for strategy. As far as more details go, I was the eldest of four boys, and when my youngest brother was born I can remember being recruited to help out with diaper-changing and other baby-maintenance tasks, in my family that was kind of just a given factor.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Biologically I am the middle child but I was raised as an only child.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

I am the youngest out of two.
    I have one older brother, who is six years older.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
    Biologically I am the middle child but I was raised as an only child.
    That's kind of how I was raised. I was the only girl between two boys, and I was raised differently, and I also got to do ore fun things because my brothers are total social retards. :rolli:

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Eldest of two. My brother is two years younger.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENTP

My INTJ dad and brother are the eldest, and they both have one younger sister. I am an ENTJ and my aunt is an INxJ.

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

MBTI
    xxxx

I'm the eldest.

You won't have a very large sample size here but on another forum full of INTJs there was a similar poll with 104 responses. 50% were the eldest, 14.5% middle, 19% youngest, and 16.5% were only children. There was also a poll only asking if you were an only child and the result of 169 responses was No 75% and Yes 25%. Just in case you wanted some more data.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    I'm the eldest.

You won't have a very large sample size here but on another forum full of INTJs there was a similar poll with 104 responses. 50% were the eldest, 14.5% middle, 19% youngest, and 16.5% were only children. There was also a poll only asking if you were an only child and the result of 169 responses was No 75% and Yes 25%. Just in case you wanted some more data.
    Yes, very interesting. Much better sample size!

The thing I think is interesting about some of the posts so far is that a lot of the people still felt like they were raised differently or they were basically an only child because of certain factors. So, family dynamic is often much more indicative of type than simple birth order.

Like me, for example. I'm the youngest (order is boy, girl, girl, girl), and I feel in many ways like a youngest child. However, my siblings are all about two years apart, while I'm four years younger than my closest sibling. On top of that, the next two oldest siblings are sisters who were so close in age that they were always involved in the same things, while I was off doing my own thing as a kid.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jwill View Post
    There's been some mention about INTJs often being eldest or only children. I was just curious to know what birth order other INTJs on this forum claim.

Just to be clear, sometimes long spaces of time between siblings can affect individuals differently. You could, technically, be the youngest, but because of a 10 year age difference between your elder siblings, you identify more as an only child.

Birth order intrigues me because I have never fit my supposed birth order personality. I got a lot of guff from one of my teachers in 3rd grade because I didn't fit the typical "youngest" personality type. "She should be out-going and adventurous," said my teacher. I'm only three years younger than my next sister, so I'm not an artificial only child. So, I guess I'm kind of interested in birth order and also kind of skeptical of it.

Anyway, take the poll. I'm curious about the breakdown of the results. I think Myers-Briggs is more accurate, more often than birth order assessments, but I'm still curious to know how everyone fits.
    I agree with you about birth order. It's often accurate, but often not, so it's not like you can really use it for much. But it's still interesting to read. I own one of Dr. Kevin Leman's books on it.