User Tag List

View Poll Results: INTJ Poll: What's Your Birth Order?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eldest/Elder Child

23 46.94%
  • Middle Child

9 18.37%
  • Youngest/Younger Child

9 18.37%
  • Only Child

8 16.33%
First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jwill View Post
    Yes, very interesting. Much better sample size!

The thing I think is interesting about some of the posts so far is that a lot of the people still felt like they were raised differently or they were basically an only child because of certain factors. So, family dynamic is often much more indicative of type than simple birth order.

Like me, for example. I'm the youngest (order is boy, girl, girl, girl), and I feel in many ways like a youngest child. However, my siblings are all about two years apart, while I'm four years younger than my closest sibling. On top of that, the next two oldest siblings are sisters who were so close in age that they were always involved in the same things, while I was off doing my own thing as a kid.
    I wonder if Ixxx parents tend to have only one child more than Exxx parents do? Some of the type stuff being genetically passed on, I wonder if it sort of generates itself?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I'm the youngest, my older brother is 9.5 years older than me, my middle name should be "Accident."

Even though I am the "good mood maker" of the family, and show some signs of immaturity as stereotyped of youngest siblings, I am more mature and responsible in many ways than my older brother. Not trying to be sanctimonious, just reflecting.

Birth order means alot. My wife is an only child and I'll tell you what it's a good thing that I am a fun loving, patient person!

MBTI
    INxJ

Eldest

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I'm the youngest, my older brother is 9.5 years older than me, my middle name should be "Accident."
    You got nothing on me. My older brother is 11 years older than me.

He's certified INXX, although I think he might be INXJ.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    You got nothing on me. My older brother is 11 years older than me.

He's certified INXX, although I think he might be INXJ.
    Oh yes I do, proportionally your brother is just 2 years older than mine is to me. That doesn't mean that I don't have anything on you.

I feel sorry for you if he's an INXJ. Just keep him in line and don't take any shit.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

The oldest, also the only *girl*. The other people are 3 - x years younger.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I wonder if Ixxx parents tend to have only one child more than Exxx parents do? Some of the type stuff being genetically passed on, I wonder if it sort of generates itself?
    I don't think that the low percentages of introverts is due to natural selection, at least not in that way. I think that introverts are people that are likely not to get married and have kids at all. Sometimes I-types are just happier alone. But type is also very dependent on nuture-methods. In Asian countries the ratio of extroverts to introverts is opposite of America, and I think that has a lot more to do with cultural practices rather than genetics.

But anyway, my parents are both introverted, and they have four children. I'm introverted, and I don't want to have just one child when I start a family. I'd like 3 kids. Being introverted doesn't mean you don't like having people around per se. We introverts don't HATE people. We just recharge our batteries by having alone time.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Just in case this might help shed some light on your search, here are some stats from the questionaire linked in my signature.

Of all respondents who were 'Eldest' or 'Only Children' (These included 'perceived' eldest children where ages differences were larger), 73% of them were NT's.

Of the NT's, 64% of them were INTP's, not INTJ's.

To make sure you have an idea of the results set, 49% of ALL respondents were Eldest Children, and 48% of ALL respondents were NT's so its hard to say whether these would hold true if we had more S responses. (We're sorely lacking, which isn't unusual since N's are more apt to be involved in MBTI study )
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm an only child and I definitely feel like it's contributed to my INTJness. It made me independent, self-sufficient, and probably more internal as a person. I love being an only child, and wouldn't change it for the world.

MBTI
    INTJ

Birth Order Plus - Intro to Birth Order

I really like this guys stuff on birth order.

He identifies 5 birth order personalities - only, first, second, third, fourth. Different from MBTI he calls birth order influences more as coping mechanisms than temperament.

By this guys stuff, I am Only personality, but I am the oldest of two with a close in age younger brother. When an Only doesn't transition to First born personality, the second child will be Only child personality too. This rings true for my brother and I.