MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

Default NT music

What do you guys like to listen to?

though not a very sad person i like depressing emotional music.. something I would think an NF would probably be more interested in. I especially like 90s music.
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)

MBTI
    IsTP

I have a pretty wide variety, though my playlist is dominated by 90's era music (mostly Grunge artists)

But I also listen to some hiphop, and I have this weird thing for older rap (Bone Thugs n' Harmony, 2-pac, etc..)
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    INTJ

I am mostly into relatively atmospheric, melancholic, dark and slow music. For the past year or so my taste has been dominated by singer-songwriters, like Van Morrison, Nick Drake, Sun Kil Moon, Antony and the Johnsons, Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, Bon Iver and Björk. I listen to rock, indie, electronic and some metal, but very little hip-hop. I often like elements of progressive, ambient, jazz and classical in my music. I also gravitate towards relatively new music. I hardly listen to lyrics, but prefer relatively abstract lyrics for atmosphere. The atmosphere thing is important part because I am almost exclusively an album listener. Otherwise I am a sucker for vocal harmonies and generally the human voice as an instrument.
    "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius." - Wolfgang Amadé Mozart

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

I used to like metal, until I realised my mood patterns prior to listening to it, and then after. I would always be feeling dark, gloomy and misanthropic afterwards. So I stopped listening to it. I couldn't shift the negative emotions naturally, so I would put on a stand-up comedy DVD to cheer myself up. Or reach an emotional equilibrium. Either way.

A lot of people define their music tastes by genre. I don't? I happen to listen to what aurally pleases me, especially where the artist is also the songwriter. I like that. To name drop a couple: Dido, Lily Allen, Newton Faulkner, Frou Frou, Alkaline Trio and Innerpartysystem. I love Alkaline Trio's lyrics. Their old stuff is riddled with warped wordplay and dark humour.
    Um, yeah.

Enneagram
    9w8

I always love music on a song-by-song basis, so I only have a few artists I really like 'in general'. The type of music and whatnot seems to go to every end of a circular spectrum, but I do tend to prefer ambient, atmospheric music, even if that atmosphere is one of ear-breaking bass and a smoky male voice rocking it out.

Giving examples wouldn't really do much because I have one, perhaps two songs for most of the artists I listen to. Music = mood matching or alteration, with me. I'll either close my eyes and lean back to zone out in my own inner realm, or rock out to the beat and/or lyrics via dancing or working my punching bag.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm a heavy metal / hard rock fan. Also some electronic
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Depends on my mood/state of mind.

Right now, I'm listening to Portishead and Beth Gibbons. They have the same ethereal other-worldly vibe as Bjork's. But I have to admit this kind of sound is not my everyday cup of tea. For example, I find a lot of Bjork songs for somewhat inaccessible.

Mostly I love classic rock: The Velvet Underground, The Kinks, Dire Straits. Throw in Bob Dylan and and even some mellow pop rock such as the Beatles and I'm happy.

I also love good ol' soulful sounds, like Marvin and Tammi, The Beach Boys, The Ronettes, The Shirelles and other innocent bands of the sixties. I think Phil Spector's Wall of Sound is amazing.

I could go on and on about music.

MBTI
    INTJ

I have to say this, I don't get why people like Bob Dylan. I have tried him many times, but he just feels outdated to me. I seem to simply dislike his sound, because I just can't get into him. I also listened to The Velvet Underground yesterday, and I felt they had a kind of similar sound. Can't ever imagine myself getting into them. The sound quality are quite shitty on some of those old records too, which I seem to be sensitive towards. Another overrated singer-songwriter is Leonard Cohen - damn his shit is boring!
    "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius." - Wolfgang Amadé Mozart

Are you asking about stereotypically NT music or what we personally listen to? I'd say stereotypical NT music is like... Nine Inch Nails, Tool, David Bowie, Massive Attack, R.E.M., Rush, Steely Dan. I do listen to most of the aforementioned, but I also like a lot of music from artists who seem NF: Fiona Apple, Tori Amos, Portishead, Elliott Smith, Ani DiFranco. Small selection of what I actually listen to, but yeah.

garbage

Mostly speed metal and punk rock. I think it's fitting.