• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT music

Ardent15

MBTI Type
INTP
I like a lot of stuff, from Led Zeppelin to Jimi Hendrix to Metallica to Chick Corea to the Police to Rush. Mostly rock and jazz/fusion.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I like a lot of stuff, from Led Zeppelin to Jimi Hendrix to Metallica to Chick Corea to the Police to Rush. Mostly rock and jazz/fusion.

+1.
Also Van Halen, Faith No More, Peeping Tom, The Dears and so much other stuff.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Good thread.

Mostly (Classic) Rock, which may also be known as *Mullet Rock*. Other then that I enjoy Metal, (Italo) Pop, actual stuff, Classic or other things. I am not too picky. But I tend to listen to "fast kickass stuff".

As for bands and singers; some of them would be: AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Linkin Park, Fort Minor, Torley (hehe), Daft Punk, Disturbed, Papa Roach, E65, Bloodhound Gang, Nine Inch Nails, Saliva, Three Days Grace, Gorillaz, Sum 41, Evanescence, Panic...seriously, whatever I can get my hands on as kicks. Those things just work too good for my workout. Hehe.

I am highly curious if we NTs can all find anything in common or so.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Electronic stuff, perhaps?

Aphex Twin is pretty definitively INTP. Some other stuff, like Squarepusher, might be more broadly NT.

[YOUTUBE="kVja2pjrEgI"]Okay, more illustrative than the other example I wanted to hear better[/YOUTUBE]

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
^^I love Aphex Twin. And Squarepusher

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
IDM is pretty wealthy for this stuff. I wonder about other electronic stuff. My ISTP friend turned me onto Justice about a year ago, and I haven't looked back.

Hard to classify them. Wikipedia claims Electro House/Disco House/Dance Punk. Certainly more overt dance music than IDM, but they've got this really deliberate, engineered narrative quality. You can tell that they started off as graphic artists, then translated that sensibility into music. Everything they do is bold and iconic.

My favorite track off the one album they've completed, though it kind of helps in terms of flow and pacing if you've got the prior track (part one) as a lead-in.

[YOUTUBE="xzPPwbY6TMI"]You can also tell they're French./[/YOUTUBE]

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Oh, more shoegaze stuff...I really like Lush!

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
I have a last.fm account so here's a list of 50 bands that I've listened to the most in a year(Most played down to last):
Rush, Pain of Salvation, Dream Theater, Sonata Arctica, Fates Warning, Genesis, Skinny Puppy, Akercocke, KMFDM, Between the Buried and Me, Yes, Elton John, Pink Floyd, Iron Maiden, Flotsam and Jetsam, Deltron 3030, Ayreon, Stratovarius, Pixies, Led Zeppelin, Marillion, Queensrÿche, Opeth, Coheed and Cambria, Children of Bodom, King Crimson, Porcupine Tree, Enchant, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, All That Remains, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Fleetwood Mac, The Mars Volta, Kansas, Nine Inch Nails, Kreator, Pantera, Nightwish, The Seatbelts, Sepultura, Beck, Dio, Return to Forever, Muse, Tool, Spock's Beard, Symphony X

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I agree, Lush is good. I kind of developed a mini-crush on Miki Berenyi a while back too...I also found out that Miki Berenyi, the lead singer of Lush is a second-cousin of a crazy Japanese artist (Cornelius) who's a lot like Beck. Musical ability must run well in the genes.

I should also mention that I really love classy jazz. I can't stand the freeform jazz with 20-minute uninteresting soloes. Example of classy jazz imo:

[YOUTUBE="i5ETPG26ALE"]Classy Jazz[/YOUTUBE]

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
If we're a-gonna do the last.fm thing...

1 Nine Inch Nails
2 Goldfrapp
3 Depeche Mode
4 Blondie
5 Nirvana
6 Elvis Costello & The Attractions
7 Elvis Costello
8 Queen
9 Joy Division
10 Pet Shop Boys

11 The Beach Boys
12 Television
13 The Doors
14 Talking Heads
15 Justice
16 The Velvet Underground
17 Can
18 Grouper
19 Crystal Castles
20 Brian Eno

21 Cornelius
22 R.E.M.
23 John Lennon
24 White Noise
25 Tool
26 Cab Calloway
27 Plaid
28 Yoko Ono
29 Oingo Boingo
30 Aphex Twin

31 The Kinks
32 Boris
33 Michael Jackson
34 AFX
35 Dmitri Shostakovich
36 Shpongle
37 Sinn Sisamouth
38 Information Society
39 Coil
40 Tom Waits

41 Does It Offend You, Yeah?
42 The Jesus and Mary Chain
43 Deerhunter
44 Ladytron
45 Gary Numan
46 Autechre
47 Brian Wilson
48 A Place to Bury Strangers
49 Béla Bartók
50 Ennio Morricone

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
I notice some distinct similarities in our listening habits.

last.fm...

1 Rush
2 System of a Down
3 The Beatles
4 Foxy Shazam
5 Nine Inch Nails
6 Reel Big Fish
7 The Flaming Lips
8 Daft Punk
9 Streetlight Manifesto
10 The Birthday Massacre

11 Cloud Cult
12 Peter Gabriel
13 Gorillaz
14 Fair to Midland
15 The Doors
16 Modest Mouse
17 Gogol Bordello
18 The Smashing Pumpkins
19 The Mars Volta
20 Pink Floyd

21 The Velvet Underground
22 Edward Shearmur
23 Mindless Self Indulgence
24 Black Moth Super Rainbow
25 Yoko Kanno
26 the pillows
27 Boards of Canada
28 Smash Mouth
29 Squaresoft
30 Eels

31 Pixies
32 Crystal Castles
33 Pete Droge
34 Dragonforce
35 1200 Micrograms
36 God is an Astronaut
37 Edguy
38 Radiohead
39 Animal Collective
40 Skies of Arcadia Soundtrack

41 A Perfect Circle
42 Galexia
43 Portishead
44 Dirty Vegas
45 Man Man
46 Butthole Surfers
47 Arcade Fire
48 The Number Twelve Looks Like You
49 Jefferson Airplane
50 Neutral Milk Hotel

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbGvUNGSUls"].[/YOUTUBE]

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm into more progressive/dark music like a lot of these people, I also like calming and slow music (The Shins, Neutral Milk Hotel, The Wheepies, Elf Power, Radiohead etc), and very aggressive music, and I mean very aggressive (Decapitated, Infant Annihilator, Dismembered, Suffocation, Immolation, Cannibal Corpse, Manevolent Creation, Volumes, Born of Osiris, Thy Art is Murder, Between the Burdied and Me etc), but my favourite artists tend to be more folk/metal/ambient/progressive artists, such as; Agalloch, Opeth (some of their stuff fits into the aforementioned agro music though), Fen, Vali, Drudkh etc. Also rappers like Aesop Rock, Immortal Technique and Eyedea can be very enjoyable, Aesop Rock is good for anyone wanting to get into rap that actually has substance.

Oh, I forgot System of a Down, probably one of my favourite bands overall, along with Agalloch, Neutral Milk Hotel, Tool and Opeth.

Also by the sounds of things, some of you guys would love Les Discretes, one of my favourite shoegazing bands.

Bknight

Lost in the Multiverse
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As far as artists go, I'm into Linkin Park, Red, Thousand Foot Krutch, Fall Out Boy, Skillet, Disciple, Decyfer Down, Evanescence, and Anberlin. I generally get into bands because of deep and philosophical lyrics set to a rock/metal tune. In the case of FOB, I don't even know how I got into them. :shrug:

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like variety in my music. If there is a song that I can connect to a certain situation in my life, I can't stop hitting and abusing the poor replay button. I play guitar too so I try to learn music I enjoy on the guitar. There are songs that I never get tired of and I can remember songs I like freakily lyric-for-lyric.

Some of my personal favorite genres are rock, country, classic rock, some metal, songs from movies, TV shows, and musicals and folk. A weird mishmash combo of incoherent things, I know. Country isn't popular in my part of the United States either but it is what it is.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I listen to anything with the exception of the Eagles, who should be banned from all terrestrial and satellite radio and the surviving members shot into the sun.