• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs, which type you identify most with?

ENTPs, which type is most similar to you?

• ESTP

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • INTP

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • ENFP

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters

Typology

MBTI Type
epyT
Enneagram
No, I'm pretty sure I don't have a vengeful bone in my body. It's not something I would think really fits in with the ENTP profile at all...

I'm generally this way too. I consider 'grudges' to be a waste of time and something I generally forget about within a couple days.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I'm generally this way too. I consider 'grudges' to be a waste of time and something I generally forget about within a couple days.

So you don't have any enemies. Everyone likes you?

Why deny something that is part of human nature.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Forgive my impoliteness, there are some things I strongly disagree with.

I myself will retaliate if someone shows an aggressive and dominating attitude. This is not a matter of vengence or grudge, it is matter of respect and knowing who you are dealing with.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I am pretty vengeful to bullies and people who shows intimidation towards me. Whether it fits in the entp file or not. its really not my business. But it is one of my core character traits. Maybe I don't repsond well to intimidation or people who want to subjecate me to their authority.

Well, I wouldn't have thought of that as vengeful... I'm the same if someone tries to bully or threaten or intimidate me, or manipulate or guilt trip me or basically any attempt to control me, even if they're trying to 'make' me do what I wanted to do anyway, it triggers something in me that just wants to put them in their place and make it clear that it won't work. But to call that vengeful... seems weird to me. It's just having a backbone, standing up for yourself.

I don't go out to get back at people who have done me wrong... if someone does me harm my first response is to figure out why and try to clear things up, but if it can't be sorted out and it turns out they really did intend harm, and feel no remorse and that it's a pattern in their behaviour, I just cut them dead. I can't be bothered with vengance, I haven't the patience and I've too many other things to do.

pecan111

I don't go out to get back at people who have done me wrong... if someone does me harm my first response is to figure out why and try to clear things up, but if it can't be sorted out and it turns out they really did intend harm, and feel no remorse and that it's a pattern in their behaviour, I just cut them dead. I can't be bothered with vengance, I haven't the patience and I've too many other things to do.

this is more me for sure...won't seek out getting even. i will admit to a need for closure with some people at the end of relationships and if they won't even speak to me,then i am angry and bothered. i may obsess for a short time, but then its over.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
So you don't have any enemies. Everyone likes you?

Why deny something that is part of human nature.

There are plenty of people who don't like me, and for all I know there could be a bunch of people with grudges against me. But my point is that I have none against them. The grudge is one way, them against me. If they were to come back and be reasonable, I wouldn't demand grovelling apologies or any shit like that, I'd take them as I find them and just forget the past and be buds again. I might be slightly wary of the particular area in which they've misbehaved in the past, but only out of pragmatism, not any kind of personal judgement or anything.

There are way more people who dislike me and think of me as someone they'd never talk to again, I expect, than there are people I feel that way about either in return or at all. That's the thing, I'm almost always open to reconciliation. I'm not a door slammer. I think this is intrinsic to most ENTP's - it's in our nature to believe that things can be fixed, to want to fix and improve things, to not want to cast things out, because they might be useful later or you might find a way to fix them. Relationships/friendships etc included. Nothing's irrevocable.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I voted for INTP & ENFP.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
There are way more people who dislike me and think of me as someone they'd never talk to again, I expect, than there are people I feel that way about either in return or at all. That's the thing, I'm almost always open to reconciliation. I'm not a door slammer. I think this is intrinsic to most ENTP's - it's in our nature to believe that things can be fixed, to want to fix and improve things, to not want to cast things out, because they might be useful later or you might find a way to fix them. Relationships/friendships etc included. Nothing's irrevocable.

You might have higher social iQ than me.

here are some kind of people I could never reconciliate with. I would not take vengence on them immediately. But if they gon on further, I could not guareentee I would not retaliate. It is not human nature to hold grudges, but it is human nature to retaliate when pushed under certain circumstances.

But again I speak for myself, not for my type.

But I do appreciate your advice substitude, it gave me another perspective on certain things.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't know, I wouldn't say it was human nature to retalliate - to react, certainly, but in my case my reaction would be to simply remove the person from the equations in my life by cutting them off, removing their opportunities to get at me. It wouldn't cross my mind to want to "get even". For the reaction to be "they hurt me so I must hurt them back", it says either immaturity or maybe some other kind of spanner in the works of personal development. Though I'm perhaps being optimistic here, I do think it's also part of human nature to want to improve oneself, so immaturity and neuroses are things to be got over in time, not an unremovable, integral part of our nature.