MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

Default INTP or J??

I'm not entirely sure if I'm INTP or INTJ

What are the major differences between the two?

which is which depends on believe systems.

but what i find most notable is that one of them likes open (eternal) leaning processes and the other one likes implementation of quick practical solutions (or gaining of multiple skills). something clear and objective. even power, like power over a pirate bay server farm. (that example is just stupid fantasy, also pirate bay is an eternal process as well, thus appealing to the other type).

the later would rather be book oriented, studding something given, like scriptures of religions, all details of it, the former would rather use them as inspiration and go on to something weird ...

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Vast!
    Ni-Te-Fi and Ti-Ne-Si.

Study the functions and it becomes very clear.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    Vast!
    Ni-Te-Fi and Ti-Ne-Si.

Study the functions and it becomes very clear.
    Its still hard to tell

Theres no doubt that I am an NT, but trying to figure out whether I'm Ni Ne Te or Ti is kinda confusing

I think there might be some confusion on E/I too which just further complicates things.

ENTJ - Te-Ni
    INTP - Ti-Ne
    INTJ - Ni-Te
    ENTP - Ne-Ti

I cant really see a tertiary trait in myself, and all the tests i take show mixed results.

MBTI
    INTJ

I think the first step would be in figuring out if it's Te or Ti.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

well its just me, but i believe that you should not care about anything tertiary. i believe no one can see a tertiary thing in him self, or , to put it differently, if you look out for something tertiary you might as well find just anything. how about your mother? or inner child? yes, there is actually a function in socionics, thats called witch or something like that. there are 2x4=8 functions and 16 types. two functions are relevant. the rest is speculation. fun

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

yeah I agree.

I haven't been able to see much of a tertiary function in anyone I know. But then again im only 19 and supposedly it becomes pronounced at a later age.

MBTI
    INTJ

Tertiary function is relaxing.
    Although it is not something most people are comfortable with using (later in life though it usually is).
    That's why usually only loved ones and those close to us are able to see us using it. Because that is a comfortable atmosphere to use it in - alone, or in the company of loved ones.
    - Albert Einstein

when i am thinking "intj" i am thinking of jan michael vincent, the airwolf pilot. such ambitious fighters are the men of steel who dare to correct my typos! some of them may think of themselves as being social phobic, but they are never really too insecure, to insist on their place in a line or to trade something in exchange, ask for their money back. after all they know what is "right"! they may be insecure because they know, they are awkward in more personal matters, especially too awkward to flirt. if inexperienced*. but even then: once someone has communicated clear boundaries to them, they will not hesitate to approach social games with the most emotional types. its just like chess, if you know the rules. also jill hennessy (crossing jordan) comes to mind.

is this about what you guys in this forum think of, when you hear intj?

(i am deliberately not saying anything about functions, here)

i am just wondering, how much of a common ground we have ....

*(obviously Jan-Michael is a womanizer)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

The most apparent difference I've found is the need for order (INTJ) and the need for freedom (INTP).

On the Meyer-Briggs test, there is one question pointing to a critical difference: "You believe the best decision is one that can be easily changed." An INTJ would answer No, believing they have made the right decision, whereas an INTP would answer Yes, preferring options.

I had an INTP girlfriend and we were extremely similar in our interests and views on the world, but we were exact opposites when it came to day to day living and how we got things done. I could plan years ahead and create a very exacting path, confident that I am right. She couldn't even comprehend where she'd be in 5 minutes from now and it didn't bother her a bit.