• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] You know you are INTJ when...

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
You cover your eyes when first you sit on the toilet, and several times later during the ordeal.

To focus Se?

And who says pooh jokes can't be educational?

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
When you actually can tally up on one hand how many times you've made physical contact with any other body in the last week.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Screw top jar lids and bottle caps.

I'm just saying.

Ask anyone who's ever tried to open stuff out of an INTJ's refrigerator.

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
When you are constantly asked in a science class, "How did you figure that out?" and you say "Uh.. I don't know" because you don't want to say "How DIDN'T you figure that out?"

When the same conversation happens regarding romantic relationships, but now you're the person who fails to see the obvious.

When you leave the milk in the bottom of the shopping cart and drive away without it because you're busy figuring out what you're going to do next year and what you're going to do if that doesn't work out.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
When you organize your groceries on the belt at the store by size, shape, temperature and texture... and spend 15 minutes re-bagging everything because SOMEHOW the cashier failed to notice your amazing organizational skillz.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
You know you're an INTJ when...

You feel that you HAVE to explain to someone why things are this way, that they have to think about the long term, that this wouldn't have happened if xyz had been done, and that in the future they should do such and such, when really all they wanted was someone to listen to them and a shoulder to cry on.

SurlyAdam

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
You know you're an INTJ when...

You feel that you HAVE to explain to someone why things are this way, that they have to think about the long term, that this wouldn't have happened if xyz had been done, and that in the future they should do such and such, when really all they wanted was someone to listen to them and a shoulder to cry on.

Very true... I can be so dispassionate about fables because to me end results seem so obvious given the choices made.

It took effort to learn to simply listen and undertsand that, to the other person, the listening means more than the reason for or the solution. We are far too adept at figuring things out and finding solutions, when we're the only party that really cares about all the reasons why.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You know you're an INTJ when you ignore people because you think that they're stupid and have ridiculous opinions that have no basis in "reality".

You know that you're an INTJ when you wish that you could live your life as a hermit so that you could avoid stupidity.

You know that you're an INTJ when you think about designing a program that corrects all grammatical and spelling errors before they reach your screen to burn your eyes.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
You know that you're an INTJ when you wish that you could live your life as a hermit so that you could avoid stupidity.

When I was a teenager (probably around 13) it used to be my dream to live in a wooden shack in the wilderness and write philosophy (like Ludwig Wittgenstein). Another ambition/solution was also to spend my life in prison where I could occupy all my days reading and playing chess with other inmates (clearly I didn't understand the harsh reality of prison life at that age).

It was only when I got to my late twenties that I realised this might appear to be weird to other people.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When your on the defensive in a thread about your type.

That's kind of an unfalsifiable claim, isn't it? Somebody accuses INTJs of lacking a sense of humor, an INTJ responds that he doesn't believe that's the case, and now he's on the defensive? His very denial is evidence of guilt?

Hmm, where have we heard THIS specious assumption before?

Personally, the INTJs in my life tend to be more prone to/appreciative of humor than INTPs--it's just always got to be high-brow or otherwise clever, or it's not funny to them. This sometimes results in some pretty esoteric shit, but when you really pay attention, it usually is very clever in some weird perspective-shifting Ni way--whether or not it's funny or even makes sense to anyone else isn't the point for them, and that's a really refreshing perspective to me.

NTP humor in general seems more dependent upon positive audience response--that's the Ne for you. INTJs will be quiet for long stretches and then crack the occasional brilliant joke, like...one INTJ friend of mine is incredibly introverted and typically quite serious. A mutual acquaintance of ours got a tattoo on her back that said, "Reject Mediocrity!" and INTJ friend says, "Heh yeah, you take off her shirt, read that, and throw her on the floor." He then smiled, clearly amused with himself while his mind inevitably went on to some other task. NTJ self-confidence in areas like this is really enviable--they simply don't care if anyone else gets it, because their own inner revelation is enough.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
When you organize your groceries on the belt at the store by size, shape, temperature and texture... and spend 15 minutes re-bagging everything because SOMEHOW the cashier failed to notice your amazing organizational skillz.

You get completely irritated when the cashier scan 3 of the 4 chicken pot pies, leaving the lone pie to be lumped in with household cleaning supplies. You have already stared down anyone attempting to bag your stuff sending them off in fear, nearly crying. Loading bags in your cart by weight, item and the way it's going to be loaded into your vehicle, waiting, impatiently for that last pot pie to get scanned so you can add it to the bag with the other three wondering just how anyone could fail to notice your efficiency and ignore it like you're just...another..shopper. :shock:

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
That's kind of an unfalsifiable claim, isn't it? Somebody accuses INTJs of lacking a sense of humor, an INTJ responds that he doesn't believe that's the case, and now he's on the defensive? His very denial is evidence of guilt?

Hmm, where have we heard THIS specious assumption before?

I am the judge, jury, and both attorneys.

callmemigs

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6

I think that's more of an SJ trait.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I do the same thing. Baggers around here bag groceries like stuffing a sack.

But 15 minutes is maybe enjoying the process a little too much.

I'm good with suitcases too.

deleted
You know you're an INTJ when your intuitions are shapeless and supersede all scientific schema, but you continue to explain them through rudimentary statements.