• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] You know you are INTJ when...

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
When you use the words fool, foolish, foolhardy, or any variation of those more than three times a day.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
when you're heart pumps ice water and you're best friend is a calculating machine since IT'S not an idiot? :huh:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know the answer or direction but aren't sure why. You dress it up with facts and logic so other people understand it.

You lose something inconsequential and fanatically search for it until you find it.

You over-analyze just about everything.

You think that if others would just look at an issue more deeply they would better understand.

Sometimes you're completely certain without knowing why and other times you can't seem to make a decision

You're at a holiday gathering with a bunch of Ss and feel like there are absolutely no conversations going on that are even remotely interesting

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
You know you're INTJ when...

I'm sure it;s probably been done before, but I saw the ENTP thread and thought I would make one for my type.

ObeyBunny

MBTI Type
INTJ
When you organize your cereal boxes based on their fiber content

Oddly Refined

Enneagram
You know the answer or direction but aren't sure why. You dress it up with facts and logic so other people understand it.

You lose something inconsequential and fanatically search for it until you find it.

You over-analyze just about everything.

You think that if others would just look at an issue more deeply they would better understand.

Sometimes you're completely certain without knowing why and other times you can't seem to make a decision

You're at a holiday gathering with a bunch of Ss and feel like there are absolutely no conversations going on that are even remotely interesting

Yes to all of the above.:yes:

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I have read the comments from pages 1 through 6, and found that none of them say much about INTJness. To save time, I'll assume the other 5 pages are similar and not read them. The reason most of them are inconsequential is that people have addressed one-liners that can also be applied to other types. For example, ENTJs are also capable of being arrogant. Thus, if we're only looking at arrogance as indicative of personality then we are bound to be mislead since this is not merely particular to INTJs. Instead, we must search for features that are highly particular to INTJs. To wit, what is INTJness in its entirety? Or, what are features that are particular only to INTJs such that if a person exhibits these features they are bound to be an INTJ? As I've established, arrogance alone isn't telling since other types can also be arrogant. Come to think of it, I'm not sure that it is at all possible to decide if someone is an INTJ based on one characteristic. There will be certain characteristics that overlap with ENTJs (such as arrogance and/or organizational skills), others with INTPs (such as their cool intellectualism), others with ENTPs (such as their twisted sense of humor). It is some combination of all of these things. I don't think it is possible to characterize a person by a one-liner. At best, the one-liner "you know you're an INTJ if....x" will just be one piece of a jigsaw puzzle. However, I suppose to be a little more open-minded the coming together of all these pieces of the INTJ puzzle form something greater and more holistic. Thus, while on an individual basis most of the contributions in this thread can be easily debunked, I suppose the whole discussion in its pluralistic entirety can enrich our understanding of INTJness. To further the discussion, given that the pieces that make up the INTJ puzzle can and do overlap with other types, what can we say about the INTJ puzzle as a whole? That is, at the highest level of abstraction what is the single most salient feature(s) that constitute INTJness? Unless we can address this question, we are merely expounding on trivial drivel in vain. Anyhow, carry on.

Rigid self-control based on a self-determined set of principles?

I'm not INTJ, clearly, but interesting point there that Provoker made on page 11.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
When you use the words fool, foolish, foolhardy, or any variation of those more than three times a day.

what's that girl from that phoenix wright game's name again

you know, the lawyer prosecutor woman that keeps saying foolishly foolish fool or something

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't know why there are people hating this thread. Especially that anime guy and the guy who wrote the really long paragraph. Maybe some things are demeaning and some things are a bit innacurate/could apply to others but it's still a fun thread in my eyes. I like reading about this sort of stuff. Anyway, here's some I thought of, though maybe they just apply to me lol, I dunno.

When you get really annoyed when people don't write their actual type in the type box or the wrong one.

When you can explain the etymology of almost every word in the English language and the workings of an atom, but you don't know how to catch a train.

When your jokes are actually funny, if you ignore poor delivery and know a lot of scientific and technical stuff.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6

I prefer the word fucktard myself. It's a combination fucker (an irritating person) and retard (a person of subnormal intelligance) and refers to someone who is both irritating and stupid.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
- When you sincerely believe everyone is waiting on pins and needles to hear your opinion on something. :nerd:

- When you oppose any point of view someone shares with you just because it's kind of fun to formulate an intelligent argument for just about anything.

Note: I <3 INTJs, I swear :D

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
- When you oppose any point of view someone shares with you just because it's kind of fun to formulate an intelligent argument for just about anything.

Sounds more NTP.

Amphion

MBTI Type
ENTP
I dunno. I tend to organize groceries like tetris.

Seriously!

Highest compliment ever paid to me by my INTJ father.

"You are the best dishwasher loader I have ever seen!"

LMAO! :)

"Eh.... thanks, Dad."

[In a lower voice now so no one overhears]

"Dave (my brother-in-law) is terrible at loading the dishwasher."

"I agree, Dad. He's a horrible person."