User Tag List

First 111920212223 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Regarding Pluto.

From my FB fav quotes: "it's ok pluto, i'm not a planet either"
    Epic derailment:
    wierd memory work->Tamagochi->tetris->Starcraft2->thugs->Chess->german techno->Love parade->disaster->death..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1wH2...eature=related

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    When you're in a yoga class and they tell you to focus on the present moment in meditation, and in actuality, you think how stupid it is to focus on the present moment and focus about other things anyway.

When you question authority why they are asking you to do things.

There's a scientific explanation for everything.

Most of the music you listen to is esoteric obscure stuff that nobody's even heard of.

When people have told you that your poetry is written too mathematical/structured and you tell things, rather than show them in your writing.

Misspellings and incorrect use of the English language annoy you.
    Yep. Guilty of these. Evidence of this, especially in poetry, below:

Winter:
    Black gloves sheath purple-tingled fingers
    Under rainy clouds
    And flight of birds wake me in the late daydreaming
    Under a cold atmosphere.
    Burning hydrocarbons from a long arm

Kilometres away:

Good old Sol,
    How unusually quiet are the cool spots
    Erupting during the 24th Cycle!
    2H+2H=>He
    And tiny neutrinos switching flavours
    Through our feet.

Warmed slowly by CO2 asymmetric vibrations invisibly in
    Air
    Running down Gibbs energy
    And running up the entropic states!
    In the Universe of phase space

Grabbing hold via electromagnetism and gravity:
    A mole to spare, two atoms to fuse.
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

you're 11 your parents are conservative christians who forbid you from having sex before marriage and they're giving you "the talk" about sex. you argue that their are different sizes of penises and vaginas and that you would need to have sex first to know if you would "fit" well together. your parents tell you you're crazy but you remain unswayed until you eventually compromise, telling them that you agree not to have sex, but that you insist on measuring the diameter and depth of the woman's vagina and preferably inserting a mold of your penis into it to make sure that the 2 of you will have a good fit for when you get married and and do have sex
    PS: true story from INTJ best friend

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx

You know you're an intj when..
    An infp tells you everything happens for a deeper reason trying to tell you they like you but you turn it into a whole scientific argument

Enneagram
    9w8

I'm thinking maybe you know you're an INTJ when you wish to forego the small talk, preliminaries, the hoopla, dog and pony shows and get on with the project. And believe me, I consider that a compliment, not a put-down. I admire people who cut to the chase and get on with it...whatever it happens to be.

Quote Originally Posted by skillchaos View Post
    You know you're an intj when..
    An infp tells you everything happens for a deeper reason trying to tell you they like you but you turn it into a whole scientific argument
    I would argue with that as well. "Everything happens for a reason" is a major fallacy in itself.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    I would argue with that as well. "Everything happens for a reason" is a major fallacy in itself.
    Um...do you have proof? How can you be sure? Is that an opinion or a fact? Certainly, in nature, nothing happens in and of itself without affecting other mechanisms and systems, so how can you be sure that is a fallacy? Just asking. Sounds awfully INFPish...to me I'll believe you if you can give me valid proof, otherwise, I'll consider it an opinion and be okay with it. haha. I just saw your signature and had to say something. Hope you don't mind a little good natured "funning around."
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx

I argued that of course everything happens for a reason because cause and effect but the deeper meaning thing is invalid to state as a fact because its a matter of opinion that seems to be believed because of someone's emotions and imagination and not so much on precise evidence or proof

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Most likely true. It's usually that everything happens and humanity projects a reason onto it. It's how we cope with our existence.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Infinite Bubble

People want there to be a reason for everything so that they don't have to pin the blame for their mistakes and feel bad for themselves. It takes off the responsibilities for their own actions that most people are unconsciously scared of. Take a break up for example. They will feel terrible, but might think to themselves 'I guess it just wasn't meant to be' or something similar. It's the same principle that keeps the concept of a God alive.