User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Thank you all for your posts. I value your opinions a lot.

You've really captured the essence of the situation which seems pretty bad. I can sense the uneasiness of the other employees but there's also a sense of fear there, of losing one's job and because of all this huge change.

I've decided to reveal the wrongdoings of my boss and then negotiate myself out of the company. I don't think they'll sack him since he's friends with our new chief executive. I know my boss hates me around him, especially when I'm in a position to challenge him (which I haven't done, yet) and I might get a good deal just resigning.

I know, it's a position I've reached through hard work but I don't think things will change for better in a while. I'll go freelance or find another company with better values and respect for diversity.

Depends on how evil this guy is.

My first estj boss was not evil just self centered and only concerned with getting glory. She is the worst scientists I have ever seen. But to get her to make progress I would present an idea to her which she would knock down. Then three days later I would approach her again with the same idea which she would again kno=ck down. Then three days later she would have a "great idea". no kidding.

My current boss is an estj but is much. much cleverer. She is extremely political and interacts with me very rarely given she has a game going on elsewhere. She is also smarter about management-all estjs should have to take a management course as they do things out of stupidity not malice much of the time.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I'd like to add that male ESTJs are some of the worst people I've ever had to deal with, almost all of them I've encountered are unhealthy. So you aren't alone in this, I'm sure we all feel your pain. I swear there is a male INFJ for every healthy ESTJ out there.
    I have a theory that this applies to both Te-dominant types, in that society generally rewards Te's manipulative behavior (with its ability to keep things in motion) in a way that rarely exposes the person to the kind of stressors that require someone to grow up. Lots of "looking the other way" due to the value Te types provide to an organization/institution/clique/whatever, and ignoring/accepting behaviors that might not be accepted (in an ongoing pattern) from other types.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    I have a theory that this applies to both Te-dominant types, in that society generally rewards Te's manipulative behavior (with its ability to keep things in motion) in a way that rarely exposes the person to the kind of stressors that require someone to grow up. Lots of "looking the other way" due to the value Te types provide to an organization/institution/clique/whatever, and ignoring/accepting behaviors that might not be accepted (in an ongoing pattern) from other types.
    I support your theory. The new CEO of my organization is also an ESTJ so there definitely is much of this "ignoring/accepting behavior" around.

I've changed my game plan. I'm planning to get my boss to help me get an equal position elsewhere in this organization - away from him. If he doesn't see the benefits I have my "knowledge" to speed up the process. As I guessed he's already started to question my position and doing extremely clever (subtle) job in that. He wants those near and dear to him close to him and they happen to be all males.

What do you think? Are ESTJs into games of this sort?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Well the main ESTJ i know is my dad so its a slightly different situation i've had to deal with ESTJ-wise but i don't think they do play games. There not intuitive enough i think. i think its that this guy sees his way as being the most efficient because SJs are generally closed minded and he is just trying to be efficient - and falling clearly.

Heres my summary:

He a very stuck in his ways person who hates change from what he considers right and loves rules and authority but also loves efficiency.

You (if your a typical ENTP) are a creative, imaginative person who hates rules and authority and is great at "Using the rules to break the rules". Your also very efficient people when you want to be.

He is your superior isn't he? But clearly your high up enough to have alot of freedom so you could get away with by passing him in the pecking order.
    Use your ENTP skills and beat him at his own game by getting in with the people above him (if you can) and cutting him out the lope as much as possible. Take your ideas to the guy above him.
    You could also turn your collegues against him by pushing the boundries enough for you to look reasonable but for him to over react and set it up untill its in front of lots of other people.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

Default Well finally another entp female

fffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Last edited by pecan111; 03-13-2009 at 05:55 PM.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quit.

Seriously, there's nothing you can do with these people. You must either bend a LOT further than he does or quit the job.

My favorite thing about ESTJs is their insistence on making mutual apologies impossible. If you apologize to most people, in earnest, by admitting your own mistake in a misunderstanding--well, most people are willing to admit some wrongdoing on their own parts too.

Not so with ESTJ! "I'm glad to see you've come to realize you were completely wrong and 100% of the problem from the start," they'll tell you. Kind of defeats the purpose of apologizing for mutual growth.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Quit.

Seriously, there's nothing you can do with these people. You must either bend a LOT further than he does or quit the job.

My favorite thing about ESTJs is their insistence on making mutual apologies impossible. If you apologize to most people, in earnest, by admitting your own mistake in a misunderstanding--well, most people are willing to admit some wrongdoing on their own parts too.

Not so with ESTJ! "I'm glad to see you've come to realize you were completely wrong and 100% of the problem from the start," they'll tell you. Kind of defeats the purpose of apologizing for mutual growth.
    It depends on the ESTJ. Two I know and worked with for years are much better at blaming the system - so they accept an apology easy - they are more concerned how to improve the process so it doesn't reoccur.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    It depends on the ESTJ. Two I know and worked with for years are much better at blaming the system - so they accept an apology easy - they are more concerned how to improve the process so it doesn't reoccur.
    I usually get that attitude more from ENTJs, who are willing to ignore the standard rules and change around the process if they think they can make up a more efficient way to do it.

I wish I knew some healthy ESTJs.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP

Trust your ENTP intuition. USE the force. Just kidding, I know that you face more difficulty in you life. I had to fight against a INTJ male and I must say he wasn't stupid. But I say mess him up so bad if it cost you your job just hell no I want an ESTJ as a boss, my pride wouldn't allow that.