Enneagram
    3w2

Left side: Everybody in the world Right side: ENTPies
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    If someone harbors resentments toward me, of which I am oblivious, I find it to be the ultimate betrayal. Like you are the judge, jury and executioner before I have even had a fair trial.
    Ouch. I would suggest you not use the internet then...
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkleToes View Post
    Left side: Everybody in the world Right side: ENTPies
    Fret not. Cyborgs will eventually inherit the world.

I am seeing a lot of ENTP hate here. i do not understand this.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Being that my interactions with ENTPs usually involve them being dicks at some point, how do I tell if they're being a dick intentionally (i.e. they want me to go away) versus they're being a dick inadvertently (i.e. they are social/emotional n00bs.)?

Thanks in advance!
    I'm pretty sure that if an ENTP wants you to go away, they will tell you so. In direct, clear language. They might cushion it for you somewhat (if they do actually like you), but nonetheless the message will be loud and crystal clear. If they have not done this, it can mean two things:

1. They don't want you to go away
    2. They really don't give a shit either way
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jwill View Post
    Did I type him wrong?
    No, textbook ENTP.

Most of my good friends are NFs, and I've found other ENTPs very difficult to get along with. I knew an ENTP few years ago, who was such an argumentative d-bag, scared me into working on my own conversational skills.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I've never met an ENTP who "likes details".
    Disagree. ENTPs love analytical details, when we're really into a subject we'll dig a lot deeper into it than many others, it's one reason why we get d-baggy in arguments, we know we've looked at the subject in greater detail.

We suck at operational details.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Disagree. ENTPs love analytical details, when we're really into a subject we'll dig a lot deeper into it than many others, it's one reason why we get d-baggy in arguments, we know we've looked at the subject in greater detail.

We suck at operational details.
    That's what I meant, I think...

I've never made it my habit to pay attention to details in day to day life, to make a point of finding them out and learning them and stuff like that, but when it's something that matters to me, something on which my understanding of an entire concept or system hangs, then I'll inquisition meticulously to get the details right in my head. Mind you, I say that, but usually not much research is necessary... I have a way of making a beeline for the nub of something and getting to it straight away, whilst my ISTJ friend is still "researching methodically", the INTP is researching "scientifically" and the ISTP is researching "meticulously".

My mom says to me, "do you like the new light in the bathroom?" and I'm like, "I didn't notice it, nor the old one to be able to say whether it's an improvement, but I'll go look at it right now if you want and say if I like it". She's used to that sorta thing with me. Going to the wrong airport, impulsively making unresearched decisions, that sorta thing.

But... I think it'd be either INTP or ISTJ that I'd put money on knowing the facts and details of something, whilst ENTP is more likely in my experience to have a more thorough understanding of the bigger picture and how the subject in question fits into everything else, and to get impatient when questioned as to the exact details, saying they don't matter.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    That's what I meant, I think...

I've never made it my habit to pay attention to details in day to day life, to make a point of finding them out and learning them and stuff like that, but when it's something that matters to me, something on which my understanding of an entire concept or system hangs, then I'll inquisition meticulously to get the details right in my head. Mind you, I say that, but usually not much research is necessary... I have a way of making a beeline for the nub of something and getting to it straight away, whilst my ISTJ friend is still "researching methodically", the INTP is researching "scientifically" and the ISTP is researching "meticulously".

My mom says to me, "do you like the new light in the bathroom?" and I'm like, "I didn't notice it, nor the old one to be able to say whether it's an improvement, but I'll go look at it right now if you want and say if I like it". She's used to that sorta thing with me. Going to the wrong airport, impulsively making unresearched decisions, that sorta thing.

But... I think it'd be either INTP or ISTJ that I'd put money on knowing the facts and details of something, whilst ENTP is more likely in my experience to have a more thorough understanding of the bigger picture and how the subject in question fits into everything else, and to get impatient when questioned as to the exact details, saying they don't matter.
    I would agree with this. There are so many occasions in life when the little details are truly insignificant and not worth considering- especially when you want to get things done!
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx