User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

I don't know what type the guy is but I'd make him understand you don't care about his intelligence that much. Some people don't realize it's okay to relax. Not a sin to appear dumb. Nor to actually be dumb.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    There's definitely an ENTP-pariah correlation. And we even have an example of one right on this forum: Eck.

Though I think it's more common with ESTPs. And on a semi-related note, I guarantee the most common type in jail is ESTP.
    Hahahahhaha That is too funny!! I'm sorry..my emotions got ahead of my mind..lol
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I don't know what type the guy is but I'd make him understand you don't care about his intelligence that much. Some people don't realize it's okay to relax. Not a sin to appear dumb. Nor to actually be dumb.
    yup, and as a P, i don't have a problem at all with admitting i don't know everything and that to learn, i have to hear other people, not just myself.

also, i wouldn't base an entire type on eck. to do that type of thing limits learning as well.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Being that my interactions with ENTPs usually involve them being dicks at some point, how do I tell if they're being a dick intentionally (i.e. they want me to go away) versus they're being a dick inadvertently (i.e. they are social/emotional n00bs.)?

Thanks in advance!
    Gosh Iwakar, that's so hard to tell. I'm sorry..I can take an educated guess across a scenario..but..

ENTPs are just about the hardest people to understand..very complex. Look for a cracked smile..could tell if they are doing it for sport. But if the sense of humor is dry you mightn't not tell. Then again, INFJs see into people very easily.

It could be they want to focus on whatever they're thirsting to know or study. They might appear cold (or what you said) if they're preoccupied. It's not that they're arrogant..althought I understand this view on them, it's that they are thinking or picking up knowledge. And you might feel put-off when attempting to emotionally connect. The ENTP should become more sensitive to others and see this sharing as an emotional learning-to grow themselves.

I would suggest mentioning that in a subtle way..try showing them the absence of this learning by mentioning what you have to offer emotionally and then removing yourself..they might recognize the loss and learn to appreciate your gifts.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I think it's much more likely the guy is ESTJ , ISTJ or ENTJ... in that order.
    They are far more likely to be the type of person that "knows everything" and opinionated enough about it to make everyone hate them.

I know some ESTJs and an ISTJ who sound exactly like what you describe, though I'm also familiar enough with ENTJs that they could fit the bill, too.

An INTJ tends to specialize in their knowledge in a few areas... not so broad.

I disagree with the reason you think he's a P... i.e. adapted quickly. an STJ could have done that too. That whole "knows more than the people who've lived here 4 years" screams STJ.

ENTPs are actually much more careful about creating good relationships with people around them. They're not so black and white and offensive.

That's my 2 cents, anyway.

I 'get' this..I imagine, yes, he's plausibly an ENTJ. It may seem off the topic, but how tall is this person?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jwill View Post
    I think he's okay with his job. He was just raised in an overly-strict catholic home, so he's often, I think, consciously bashing anything mainstream. Also, he's just one of those people who never learned to have tact and flexibility.

So, in some ways, I'm reluctant to type him as an SJ. He's always reacting against society's long-held rules.

Anyway, I get the feeling he's not just an unhappy type. I think he's been weird for a long time. This isn't a recent development in his life.
    Strict home is one thing...if it was ruled with an iron fist then yes this is conceivable..ENTPs are the most reluctant to regard convention a genuine, lasting value.
    If he's and ENTP and feels he's been supressed in such an environment, he may have made a deal with his conscience at the uncomfort of that and his going against the social grain in order to pave a way to create the environment necessary to allow his need to be creative and innovate (even though this may not be apparent to others). I could see that if a strict environment was the one he predominantly lived in most of his childhood and experienced. That might have also limited his being permitted to away from home to be around others and learning normal social skills.

I'd be reluctant to think he were an S...SJs, although yearning impact, are still sensitive to their surroundings and will likely stay within boundaries of acceptable societal conventions from a social standpoint.

Perhaps a lot of his behaviour is much learned..If he's an ENTP he may not know his temperament well, or where his true role lies and how he 'fits in'. Afterall, there probably aren't many of his type around to witness.

MBTI
    ENTP

okay, when the question was asked, it was okay to answer "no", right?
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    ENTPs are usually way too laid back to try to force their opinions on others.
    Flagrant falsehood.
    You are laid back. Not all ENTPs are.
    __TPs impose judgement quite frequently, but, that being introverted, it's not always done so overtly or conventionally.

they're also capable of not only seeing other people's perspectives and respecting them, but are also willing to learn by at least listening.
    Indeed. What's also true is that they have their own perspectives and would like to, at least every so often, to have them be heard and respected.

sure, they can be an ass, and debate/argue for the fun of it, but it's not to the death because they think they've got it all figured out and everyone else needs to just get in line.
    Again you enforce your bias. Your habits might not be entirely consistent with supposed ENTP "habits" and neither are mine because such a thing doens't exist.

To assume there is, is to preserve misconceptions about what type is.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP

i respect that you have an opinion.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I shan't impose my opinion on you, but I am right.
    we fukin won boys