User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    What ?

I'm not sure this even deserves an elaborated comment. But it's always cute to see you guys trying so hard to say cool and witty things, reminds me of my nephews growing up, only like, without all the potential and the sunny smiles.

carry on child, carry on.
    I'm usually too busy avoiding your posts in the same way I avoid diabetes... but someone has to say witty things, ENTPs aren't steppin up.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I'm usually too busy avoiding your posts in the same way I avoid diabetes... but someone has to say witty things, ENTPs aren't steppin up.
    Right, Ur so interesting I forgot u existed until now. Of course.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jwill View Post
    I think it's much more likely the guy is ESTJ , ISTJ or ENTJ... in that order.
    They are far more likely to be the type of person that "knows everything" and opinionated enough about it to make everyone hate them.

I know some ESTJs and an ISTJ who sound exactly like what you describe, though I'm also familiar enough with ENTJs that they could fit the bill, too.

An INTJ tends to specialize in their knowledge in a few areas... not so broad.

I disagree with the reason you think he's a P... i.e. adapted quickly. an STJ could have done that too. That whole "knows more than the people who've lived here 4 years" screams STJ.

ENTPs are actually much more careful about creating good relationships with people around them. They're not so black and white and offensive.

That's my 2 cents, anyway.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Right, Ur so interesting I forgot u existed until now. Of course.
    ^ Priceless ENTP wit.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I think it's much more likely the guy is ESTJ , ISTJ or ENTJ... in that order.
    They are far more likely to be the type of person that "knows everything" and opinionated enough about it to make everyone hate them.

I know some ESTJs and an ISTJ who sound exactly like what you describe, though I'm also familiar enough with ENTJs that they could fit the bill, too.

An INTJ tends to specialize in their knowledge in a few areas... not so broad.

I disagree with the reason you think he's a P... i.e. adapted quickly. an STJ could have done that too. That whole "knows more than the people who've lived here 4 years" screams STJ.

ENTPs are actually much more careful about creating good relationships with people around them. They're not so black and white and offensive.

That's my 2 cents, anyway.
    Yeah, that's what I was wondering. Mostly, I was leaning toward ENTP, ENTJ, or ESTJ. He is really opinionated. The first time everyone in the area met him, he pretty much just went around making incredibly opinionated, tactless statements. Although he has few social skills, I still think he's extroverted. He seems to really like being around people. People just don't like being around him. But yeah, I could see the ESTJ thing. Ns see the forest, Ss see the trees. This guys definitely very fact-based.

I think the problem with this guy is that he's an extrovert who is probably 100 percent T. No F to go with his E.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    Sounds like an unhappy ENTP to me...Do you know the content of his day-to-day job? If he doesn't have an outlet to express his inventing, he may be really, really frustrated and this may be why the discomfort.
    I think he's okay with his job. He was just raised in an overly-strict catholic home, so he's often, I think, consciously bashing anything mainstream. Also, he's just one of those people who never learned to have tact and flexibility.

So, in some ways, I'm reluctant to type him as an SJ. He's always reacting against society's long-held rules.

Anyway, I get the feeling he's not just an unhappy type. I think he's been weird for a long time. This isn't a recent development in his life.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

this guy sounds nothing like an ENTP.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^ I know one exactly like this.... Although he can also be charming and witty and laugh-out-loud funny....but mostly he's just an ass.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jwill View Post
    I think he's okay with his job. He was just raised in an overly-strict catholic home, so he's often, I think, consciously bashing anything mainstream. Also, he's just one of those people who never learned to have tact and flexibility.

So, in some ways, I'm reluctant to type him as an SJ. He's always reacting against society's long-held rules.

Anyway, I get the feeling he's not just an unhappy type. I think he's been weird for a long time. This isn't a recent development in his life.
    I know what you mean by your reluctance... I know 2 ISTJs who are ALWAYS dissing traditional respected authorities... something we're led to believe SJs don't do. It's quite a conundrum for me, too.

I know an ISTJ who talks incessantly and was an hour late for a lunch appointment I had with him.

Don't forget, the older a person is, the more difficult it is to discern their core type since they've been developing their Tertiary and later on Inferior aspects.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    ^ I know one exactly like this.... Although he can also be charming and witty and laugh-out-loud funny....but mostly he's just an ass.
    ENTPs are usually way too laid back to try to force their opinions on others. they're also capable of not only seeing other people's perspectives and respecting them, but are also willing to learn by at least listening.

sure, they can be an ass, and debate/argue for the fun of it, but it's not to the death because they think they've got it all figured out and everyone else needs to just get in line.

there's more than one kind of asshole.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery