Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think I am. (I'm an ENTJ)

20 33.33%
  • I don't think I am. (I'm an ENTJ)

13 21.67%
  • I think they are. (I'm not an ENTJ)

6 10.00%
  • I don't think they are. (I'm not an ENTJ)

21 35.00%
First 12345 Last

Thread: Laid-back ENTJs

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I'll be honest I try to structure and plan even my relaxation and down time, to the point where its not very relaxing and its timed out to the second, in part its because I work shifts and odd hours so my time management needs to be good in order for me to experience much conscious leisure time instead of simply sleeping or going from A to B.

Also I think I'm sort of addicted to the internet and a lot of time wastage happens that way, I'm much less so now because I'm conscious of it but I used to spare little thought for enjoyment in the past, everything I did when I had free time, even what I read when I read for enjoyment, was all part of an over arching idea as to what I wanted to have achieved in a year or in five or whatever.

Sometimes I'll still be doing something, like in the gym, and think what else could I be doing, how else could I have spent today its a curse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I try to structure and plan even my relaxation and down time, to the point where its not very relaxing and its timed out to the second

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

The 8w7 ENTJs are the ones that are typically less laid back. They seem more manically obsessed with accomplishing their goals and getting shit done, and will often overlook diplomacy to do so.

The 8w9 ones, on the other hand, are a lot more concerned with keeping peace with those around them, so will often be more considerate and flexible to others' wills in lieu of getting shit done, thus coming across as more laid back. These guys are typically better at positive motivation/inspiration than 8w7s.

I believe that 8w7 ENTJs are more common than 8w9s, so that's where the overly aggressive/domineering/high-strung stigma comes from.

(And there are certainly other enneagrams for ENTJs, but these two are by far the most common.)

Glycerine

IMO, it really depends on the context. However, if you mess w/ their plan, get the HELL out of there.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I'm really energetic, so in that sense I'm not laid back at all - I like to always be doing something (unless I'm at the beach, under the sun). OTOH I really have never been described as controlling or extremely driven, I don't think I have a tendency to influence what other people are doing / want to do. So I guess I am not laid back in a "physical" sense, but I'm laid back in a "social" sense.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTJ

You guys need to chill.

(I'm an 8w7)
    wails from the crypt.

ThatGirl

I tend to be seen as laid back because I do not get too caught up in small shit. Most of the things people see as important I see as irrelevant. So things like gossip and social drama rarely bother me.

That said, I am rarely laid back with things that are important to me.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I think they are. They're organized, prepared, and ready. Why wouldn't they be laid back after that?

Me, on the other hand, I'm constantly on the fritz, jumping from one procrastinated project to the next, always during the 11th hour and electrified with Red Bull.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I like to think of myself as laid back but I am certain that all my friends would vehemently disagree.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Maybe when they retire they get more laid back

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639