• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Everybody hates the ENTJ

sculpting

I like ENTJs. They arent half bad most days once you earn their respect.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
You take care of the people in your circle, you cook me meat, you're logical yet warm and passionate, you're easy to understand, your demeanor is really really hot, and you cook me meat. You guys excel at the stuff that I hate thinking about (like filing taxes and choosing furniture), and are more than happy to do it for me. ENTJs, you complete me.

T

ThatGirl

Best way to piss of an ENTJ, confirm their stereotypes that lead them to dislike other people and the world and diminish their feelings.
its so fun...
After winning them over, being loyal, and gaining their trust, turn on them slowly, start stealing money from them, sleeping other men of wealth, Keep it private, make up that you have hidden cancer or you dad died, this will gain their sympathies, then down right, give them an STD, start complaining about your bad circumstances, it's like low level static noise, they will want to listen and help you, take some of their advice and their offerings, but be hard on yourself, ask them to help you find a therapist. Give them a glimmer of hope...Toward the end when you get bored enough tell them you are so depressed and nothing can fix you. After you have collected enough cash and drained them emotionally, bail and leave for a warm and sunny place...

:0)

This just screams "marriage material."

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
This just screams "marriage material."

My husband of 3 and a half months says YES .....
But I've told him to stop being so stupid and get in that kitchen and cook my breakfast.
I wont allow him to have his own typology account so this is why I am answering for him.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And I say rock on.

[YOUTUBE="DRSNyIuPqOY"]Our theme song[/YOUTUBE]

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I'm digging the thread. *gets out shovel*

Although, I think there is a LOT more to most of us, than our detractors would have you think. Most descriptions of ENTJ's seems to be fairly 2 dimensional, but when you take into consideration Enneagram type, things can shift immensely.

For instance, the difference between an 8w7 and an 8w9 is night and day. To the extent that, if many people met the 8w9 in person, they probably wouldn't type them as ENTJ in the first place.

Anywho, I'm just rambling now. Back to your scheduled programming. :yes:

Rasputin

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Yeah, what about the enneatype one ENTJs? I regularly see that things should be done a certain way, people should or should not be doing certain things. And I think the ENTJ stereotype would probably be an eight with a three fix. Let me make that 8w7 with a three fix.

Sidewinder

MBTI Type
ISFP
They are very successful and accomplished people, with a lot to offer. They have good ideas and are interesting to talk to. But it's only their close friends and family who get to see the complete person.

You do not want an ENTJ who is not well rounded and doesn't have a softer side as a boss ... it's all about their goals and their vision. You won't matter as a person. It's all about your quality and quantity of work, and how many extra hours you will put in, and how you can be made to put in even more hours, and if you will put work ahead of everything else and be available all the time and blow off even the most important commitments, like anniversaries and birthdays, to do what they want you to do. They have no sympathy for anyone who can't deliver, even if it's not their fault (like illness or having a sick kid or something) ... those are just people who let the team down and aren't pulling their weight. They just turn up the heat until even their strongest employees are stressed and angry and having health issues and struggling with their family lives, and then they turn up the heat one more notch. Gotta "grab the money that's on the table". :steam:

I've been through the works with a lot of bosses like this, some are better and some are worse, but they are all somewhat like this. But from an external/objective point of view, the results are great and they look remarkable.

Jaguar

They are very successful and accomplished people, with a lot to offer. They have good ideas and are interesting to talk to. But it's only their close friends and family who get to see the complete person.

You do not want an ENTJ who is not well rounded and doesn't have a softer side as a boss ... it's all about their goals and their vision. You won't matter as a person. It's all about your quality and quantity of work, and how many extra hours you will put in, and how you can be made to put in even more hours, and if you will put work ahead of everything else and be available all the time and blow off even the most important commitments, like anniversaries and birthdays, to do what they want you to do. They have no sympathy for anyone who can't deliver, even if it's not their fault (like illness or having a sick kid or something) ... those are just people who let the team down and aren't pulling their weight. They just turn up the heat until even their strongest employees are stressed and angry and having health issues and struggling with their family lives, and then they turn up the heat one more notch. Gotta "grab the money that's on the table". :steam:

I've been through the works with a lot of bosses like this, some are better and some are worse, but they are all somewhat like this. But from an external/objective point of view, the results are great and they look remarkable.

I'm waiting for you to tell us all black people rob convenience stores.

Sidewinder

MBTI Type
ISFP
I'm waiting for you to tell us all black people rob convenience stores.

With all due respect, I did specifically mention that it's ENTJs who are not well rounded, and don't have a softer side (i.e skills with people), who do this sort of thing. The better ones recognize that they have a joint responsibility, even if they feel personally frustrated that they can't do everything they want. With the non-well-rounded ones, it's all Te. All goal; all the time. Nothing else matters.

I don't think it helps anyone to be politically correct and say everyone of every type is equally good. They aren't. Poorly developed people of all types frequently have issues. But an unhealthy INFP is likely only going to hurt themselves and the people they are close to.

With an ENTJ who has issues, that's going to affect a lot of people when they are in charge. I've seen people who have been hurt by these guys. Hurt badly. And some of them will look for companies where there are more sensitive or vulnerable people, like at a design firm, an animation studio, or a not-for-profit, because they know those people won't stand up for themselves and they can unleash their reign of terror unchecked. I'm speaking from experience here. This stuff is for real, not just yap on a forum. The key is to be properly informed, so you when you recognize this type of behavior in a boss, you won't be sucked in, and can make plans to gain employment elsewhere. :yes:

Jaguar

With all due respect, I did specifically mention that it's ENTJs who are not well rounded, and don't have a softer side (i.e skills with people), who do this sort of thing. The better ones recognize that they have a joint responsibility, even if they feel personally frustrated that they can't do everything they want. With the non-well-rounded ones, it's all Te. All goal; all the time. Nothing else matters.

I don't think it helps anyone to be politically correct and say everyone of every type is equally good. They aren't. Poorly developed people of all types frequently have issues. But an unhealthy INFP is likely only going to hurt themselves and the people they are close to.

With an ENTJ who has issues, that's going to affect a lot of people when they are in charge. I've seen people who have been hurt by these guys. Hurt badly. And some of them will look for companies where there are more sensitive or vulnerable people, like at a design firm, an animation studio, or a not-for-profit, because they know those people won't stand up for themselves and they can unleash their reign of terror unchecked. I'm speaking from experience here. This stuff is for real, not just yap on a forum. The key is to be properly informed, so you when you recognize this type of behavior in a boss, you won't be sucked in, and can make plans to gain employment elsewhere. :yes:

With all due respect, there is no set "standard" for what is, and what is not, healthy.
In this forum, it's getting pretty old reading "Oh that's an unhealthy XXXX!"
Your alleged disclaimer was nothing more than a slick way of covering your ass before throwing in your stink bomb.

"But, but, but, I said if they weren't well-rounded!"

Come on, does that innocent act work on your parents? :D

Sidewinder

MBTI Type
ISFP
With all due respect, there is no set "standard" for what is, and what is not, healthy.
In this forum, it's getting pretty old reading "Oh that's an unhealthy XXXX!"
Your alleged disclaimer was nothing more than a slick way of covering your ass before throwing in your stink bomb.

"But, but, but, I said if they weren't well-rounded!"

Come on, does that innocent act work on your parents? :D

Good point. I do see and understand that.

Okay. Let me put it this way ... I think ENTJs may vary more in quality than most other types. Te is a very powerful quality. It's very forceful, it's very blunt, it's very results-driven. There may be more temptation for someone who is Te-dominate to overuse it, perhaps to the exclusion of anything else. Blunt force and bullying can get remarkable results ... you often can push good employees around and get remarkable results by riding unrefined Te a long way. With a lot of companies, this type of behavior is overlooked if the sales and product is good and everything's running all right. The stockholders, after all, are happy. Below the surface, problems are bubbling. Eventually, this dictator is found out, but not before a lot of damage is done.

Many ENTJs will realize that keeping people happy is important, and you can't just push people around. These are the types that have/will develop a feeling side, an intutitive side, a sensing side, etc. And these guys can become visionary leaders who are among the best CEOs around. Look, not all ENTJs are bad. I wasn't just covering my ass. My current director is a great ENTJ, and I'm still there.

On the other hand, an INFP probably needs to develop something other than Fi to get through life. They can't get stuck as easily. And an ESTJ, while they can also be blunt and overly-forceful, usually are more concerned with proper procedure and getting the job done right. They are also conscious of tradition and family-oriented, which usually means it's more likely they'll understand personal needs.

I dunno ... what do we say about ENTJs who are ruthless and insensitive. They exist. Do we pretend they don't? Are we supposed to say no-one has ever been hurt by them? I do think it's valuable to talk about good and bad versions of a type (whether we say that's unhealthy, or well-rounded, or some other term). Why are we supposed to think everyone of the same type has the same strengths and weaknesses?

Last edited:

Jaguar

I dunno ... what do we say about ENTJs who are ruthless and insensitive.

I'd call them dumb fucks. But then I'm direct. :D

I do think it's valuable to talk about good and bad versions of a type

In theory, be my guest.

But I contend that in practice, the majority of people are dead wrong about anyone's type.
And for the record, the absolute worst thing you can do is type someone at work.
Any decent typologist will tell you the exact same thing.
How people are in the workplace, can be nearly opposite of their true inner self.

So ask yourself this, do you want to type a person's mask- their public persona?
Or do you want to type their inner self?
I don't know about you but I want to know a person on the INSIDE.

That's the pot of gold.

Eris

MBTI Type
IsTP
My dad is an ENTJ. I think he's awesome.

I like the fact that he's responsible, super-efficient, organized, and doesn't hesitate to take control of things that are important. I also like the fact that he's blatant. Some people find the whole blatantness thing intimidating, but I find it much more refreshing to have somebody tell me up-front what they're thinking rather than having to try to find out what they're implying.

He's really funny; I love his sense of humor. He pokes fun a lot, and will find ways to press people's buttons, but he doesn't mean it in a hostile way; it's sort of like harmless banter. He can come off as intimidating and serious to some people, but when you earn his respect, he's pretty laid-back and humorous and such.

I also like the fact that he has his exclusive sentimental moments with the family and I; it's nice to be able to know that out of all of the people he supposedly hates in the world, we're the exception and are worthy of being able to see that side of himself. I was over at my friend's house one time doing homework with her, and when I talked to my dad real quick on the phone, my friend overheard him call me "sweetie", crack jokes, and basically just talk in a very laid-back fashion, and since he has a more serious-nature around most other people, this surprised the heck out of her. As an ESFJ, she couldn't help but go "awwwWWWW! :wubbie:" :p

Anywho, to sum it up, I wish I knew more ENTJs, because you guys are hella awesome! :D

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I also like the fact that he has his exclusive sentimental moments with the family and I; it's nice to be able to know that out of all of the people he supposedly hates in the world, we're the exception and are worthy of being able to see that side of himself.

Oh, god yes! They've got this inner circle, and everyone outside of it is stupid and obnoxious. At best, they're in the way. ENTJs are true elitists.

Those inside the circle are fortunate to bathe in the the ENTJ's affection, loyalty, empowerment, and general awesomeness.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
My dad is an ENTJ. I think he's awesome.

I like the fact that he's responsible, super-efficient, organized, and doesn't hesitate to take control of things that are important. I also like the fact that he's blatant. Some people find the whole blatantness thing intimidating, but I find it much more refreshing to have somebody tell me up-front what they're thinking rather than having to try to find out what they're implying.

He's really funny; I love his sense of humor. He pokes fun a lot, and will find ways to press people's buttons, but he doesn't mean it in a hostile way; it's sort of like harmless banter. He can come off as intimidating and serious to some people, but when you earn his respect, he's pretty laid-back and humorous and such.

I also like the fact that he has his exclusive sentimental moments with the family and I; it's nice to be able to know that out of all of the people he supposedly hates in the world, we're the exception and are worthy of being able to see that side of himself. I was over at my friend's house one time doing homework with her, and when I talked to my dad real quick on the phone, my friend overheard him call me "sweetie", crack jokes, and basically just talk in a very laid-back fashion, and since he has a more serious-nature around most other people, this surprised the heck out of her. As an ESFJ, she couldn't help but go "awwwWWWW! :wubbie:" :p

Anywho, to sum it up, I wish I knew more ENTJs, because you guys are hella awesome! :D

We do have a soft underbelly :yes:.

We just have to trust you before we let you see it.

G

Glycerine

I LOVE ENTJs. They are so awesome and blunt. They might be one of my favorite types.

Rasputin

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Sidewinder...I see a big problem when someone wants to cast a judgement based on type. Let me guess, since I'm an ENTJ, you'd expect me to act the way you describe, you'd have your guard up, correct? I think what Jaguar was getting at is this is basically a form of descrimination. I don't act the ways you describe. I would find it completely unprincipled to do so. You're taking situations you've been in and making situational judgements then making a false generalization which entials a steroetype which I find terrible! If you want to judge me, you better wait until you know something about me as an individual, then if you have a problem with me, with me, you feel free to let me know. Until then, the comments you are making have nothing to do with me, even though I'm an ENTJ.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
We do have a soft underbelly :yes:.

We just have to trust you before we let you see it.

Just give me an onion, scissors and a rock and I bet I could worm my way in :cheese:.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Again?
I'm wondering what would happen to a "hate ENTP" thread. Probably everybody would reassure us that they love us, instead of answering the question.

Back to topic... in my very small knowledge, there exist three sorts of ENTJs: the overconfident villain, the perfect hero, and my roleplay character who is probably almost a P.

I don't know any real-life ENTJs. I wish I knew some. It would be very interesting to create an ENTJ hero who is not perfect... who also has the ENTJ impatience and bluntness :D
I don't hate the type, but I don't love the type either... I just don't know them enough to care. Again, I wish I did.