User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by theplacesyoullgo View Post
    They may be all exaggerated, but I do think that some tend to be more one-note than others and lack a certain depth. Weirdly enough, I think SJ type descriptions tend to strike me as the most overall accurate, but now that I think about it, it may be because I don't understand them enough to know intricacies about them their descriptions also may ignore.
    Yeh, they are made a bit feel good, and over encouraging. The content normally seems to be accurate though; apart from being too definite and generalised. A lot of things about each type are not that visible in the external world either, so it is hard to use descriptions to match to people sometimes. I think they are primarily written to help people identify their own type.

On the hating ENTJs thing, I find them pretty entertaining, and a little wicked. I know at work some people get offended by their approach, but to me it often feels like good banter. I actually love the way they go about things. I think it's because my Te is developing more.

Also, you've got a Seuss name, so you win ENFP points immediately.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

That would be "Oh, the places you'll go!", Noi

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INXP

" An easy way to spot an ENTJ: The person people are always asking "why are you so angry?" when s/he is, in his/her own mind, simply engaged in animated conversation."
    ==> Lol, very true

I have an ENTJ uncle, and he's rather a loudmouth, but I genuinely appreciate him. We often have animated and interesting conversations. He can be scary sometimes, but I know that he would hurt a fly, and, because I know that's the way he is with everyone, I've never been hurt.

In a general way, I tend to find ENTJ quite easy to get with once I know their general modus operandi. Even if they tend to have a domineering behaviour, this behaviour is overt and thus not dangerous because not insidious. They're generally genuine people, and when you encounter them, you know immediately and definitely whom you are in front of. I really like this authenticity.

To be frank, ENFJs and FJs in general afraid me much more than ENTJs!

I know an ENTJ irl and he has a lot of friends...

Granted one of them isn't me but thats hardly the point

Senior Member ENTJ Extraordinaire's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

ENTJ generally have large groups of friends, but they are generally more a group of Acquaintances. more admirers than anything...

generally we devote ourselves to two or three of them, and they get our all, and the rest is divided up among our adoring fans
    Actualized type: ENTJ
    Extroverted (E) 64.71% Introverted (I) 35.29%
    Intuitive (N) 56.1% Sensing (S) 43.9%
    Thinking (T) 68.42% Feeling (F) 31.58%
    Judging (J) 65% Perceiving (P) 35%

ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

http://hubpages.com/profile/Joshywa1

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    ENTJ-

Ideal romantic partner for INFP? Check.
    Someone to learn from, and giving them someone to learn from? Check.
    Someone that won't judge you for what you say or do? Check.

Most people take it for granted when they don't have to worry about what they say around people.

Bad things-

Rarity, especially in females.

Enneagram 9w8
    You're absolutely right about that. I'm getting married to an INFP

I'm a cat rescuer - in two weeks I'm getting a cat and I'm all soft and mushy about it
    It was a stray cat that was attacked by a dog and its just perfect

So let me come out in the open: I'm a MAN that loves CATS. There. I said it.
    bruised and battered ENTJ sx/sp/so 8w9
    Tri-fix: 8w9 sx/sp - 3w4 sp/sx - 5w6 soc/sx
    http://leonardolestat.mypersonality.info

(I'm secretly ENxP, but don't tell anyone)

"Mother, I love you, I never meant to hit you over the head with that shovel."

Quote Originally Posted by theplacesyoullgo View Post
    Reading this thread made me think of what goes through my mind when forced into a group project: "The faster we all agree that I should be in charge of this, the faster we'll be done with it all."

With that said, I think most ENTJ type descriptions are a little TOO heavy on the super leader stuff - almost seeming to imply that ENTJs control others for the fun of it. At least from my experience, I only have the desire to control a situation when it will prove beneficial to me. Some types tend to get exaggerated archetypes in descriptions (INFP as the healer, INFJ as the mystic), and the ENTJ is one of them.

The whole super leader stuff, it all boils down to this IMO:
    When we turn the switch 'ON' and we take on a project or something, we immediately get our brains bubbling with how to do it and stuff, and we need freedom for action.
    I rarely relax when I walk in a crowd and it's moving too slow, and everybody's in front of me, that pisses me off.
    Freedom for action.

On top of that, we want the most reasonable and efficient way, and we can cooperate with another leader, if he/she is respected.
    But if the other one slows the ENTJ down, there's going to be some kind of friction.

We're impatient bastards, yes. But it's just that we're really really motivated.
    bruised and battered ENTJ sx/sp/so 8w9
    Tri-fix: 8w9 sx/sp - 3w4 sp/sx - 5w6 soc/sx
    http://leonardolestat.mypersonality.info

(I'm secretly ENxP, but don't tell anyone)

"Mother, I love you, I never meant to hit you over the head with that shovel."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w8

Quote Originally Posted by ENTJ Extraordinaire View Post
    ENTJ generally have large groups of friends, but they are generally more a group of Acquaintances. more admirers than anything...

generally we devote ourselves to two or three of them, and they get our all, and the rest is divided up among our adoring fans
    This really is true, either you make the guest list or you don't. Haha.

Sometimes I wish I was closer to more people, but I dismiss the thought quickly.

Being on my guest list means I'll use every strength I have for your benefit and I'll probably share anything in my control with you. As much as I am a controlling and power hungry ENTJ, I will, in a way, submit to add value. That doesn't mean I won't challenge you. Haha. But when the shit hits the fan, I'll be there. And, while I like my acquaintances, I wouldn't go out of my way nearly as much for them. This is probably why I keep the list short by having high standards, I just don't have the time to devote myself to a lot of people.

Do other ENTJs feel as strongly about their close relationships?
    R[a]ngl[e]r

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Someone that won't judge you for what you say or do? Check.
    Quote Originally Posted by norepinephrine View Post
    I appreciate (as several already noted) the nonjudgmental attitude.

I enjoy never hearing "You know, what you should do is...."
    Really

ENTJs have some awesome strengths but being non-judgmental is not something I've witnessed. I find they are often quick to judge, especially if they find someone incompetent, they're often logically correct in their judgements, but regardless their Te/Ni is quick on the judging.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardoLestat View Post
    Even if it's just because everybody thinks they're boring assholes who nag about clean houses
    Really? I actually admire the one and only ENTJ I've ever known. She's the most well-rounded, popular person I know. Successful. Pretty. I looked up to her as a kid, and am happy for the person she is.

I think you guys are pretty rare, right?