• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Everybody hates the ENTJ

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
They may be all exaggerated, but I do think that some tend to be more one-note than others and lack a certain depth. Weirdly enough, I think SJ type descriptions tend to strike me as the most overall accurate, but now that I think about it, it may be because I don't understand them enough to know intricacies about them their descriptions also may ignore.

Yeh, they are made a bit feel good, and over encouraging. The content normally seems to be accurate though; apart from being too definite and generalised. A lot of things about each type are not that visible in the external world either, so it is hard to use descriptions to match to people sometimes. I think they are primarily written to help people identify their own type.

On the hating ENTJs thing, I find them pretty entertaining, and a little wicked. I know at work some people get offended by their approach, but to me it often feels like good banter. I actually love the way they go about things. I think it's because my Te is developing more.

Also, you've got a Seuss name, so you win ENFP points immediately. :)

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That would be "Oh, the places you'll go!", Noi :D

Ratus

MBTI Type
INXP
" An easy way to spot an ENTJ: The person people are always asking "why are you so angry?" when s/he is, in his/her own mind, simply engaged in animated conversation."
==> Lol, very true :smile:

I have an ENTJ uncle, and he's rather a loudmouth, but I genuinely appreciate him. We often have animated and interesting conversations. He can be scary sometimes, but I know that he would hurt a fly, and, because I know that's the way he is with everyone, I've never been hurt.

In a general way, I tend to find ENTJ quite easy to get with once I know their general modus operandi. Even if they tend to have a domineering behaviour, this behaviour is overt and thus not dangerous because not insidious. They're generally genuine people, and when you encounter them, you know immediately and definitely whom you are in front of. I really like this authenticity.

To be frank, ENFJs and FJs in general afraid me much more than ENTJs!

Unique

I know an ENTJ irl and he has a lot of friends...

Granted one of them isn't me but thats hardly the point ;)

ENTJ Extraordinaire

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w1
ENTJ generally have large groups of friends, but they are generally more a group of Acquaintances. more admirers than anything...

generally we devote ourselves to two or three of them, and they get our all, and the rest is divided up among our adoring fans :D

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
ENTJ-

Ideal romantic partner for INFP? Check.
Someone to learn from, and giving them someone to learn from? Check.
Someone that won't judge you for what you say or do? Check.

Most people take it for granted when they don't have to worry about what they say around people.

Bad things-

Rarity, especially in females.

Enneagram 9w8

You're absolutely right about that. I'm getting married to an INFP :)

I'm a cat rescuer - in two weeks I'm getting a cat and I'm all soft and mushy about it :cheese:
It was a stray cat that was attacked by a dog and its just perfect :)

So let me come out in the open: I'm a MAN that loves CATS. There. I said it. :smile:

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Reading this thread made me think of what goes through my mind when forced into a group project: "The faster we all agree that I should be in charge of this, the faster we'll be done with it all." ;)

With that said, I think most ENTJ type descriptions are a little TOO heavy on the super leader stuff - almost seeming to imply that ENTJs control others for the fun of it. At least from my experience, I only have the desire to control a situation when it will prove beneficial to me. Some types tend to get exaggerated archetypes in descriptions (INFP as the healer, INFJ as the mystic), and the ENTJ is one of them.

The whole super leader stuff, it all boils down to this IMO:
When we turn the switch 'ON' and we take on a project or something, we immediately get our brains bubbling with how to do it and stuff, and we need freedom for action.
I rarely relax when I walk in a crowd and it's moving too slow, and everybody's in front of me, that pisses me off.
Freedom for action.

On top of that, we want the most reasonable and efficient way, and we can cooperate with another leader, if he/she is respected.
But if the other one slows the ENTJ down, there's going to be some kind of friction.

We're impatient bastards, yes. But it's just that we're really really motivated. :)

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
ENTJ generally have large groups of friends, but they are generally more a group of Acquaintances. more admirers than anything...

generally we devote ourselves to two or three of them, and they get our all, and the rest is divided up among our adoring fans :D

This really is true, either you make the guest list or you don't. Haha.

Sometimes I wish I was closer to more people, but I dismiss the thought quickly.

Being on my guest list means I'll use every strength I have for your benefit and I'll probably share anything in my control with you. As much as I am a controlling and power hungry ENTJ, I will, in a way, submit to add value. That doesn't mean I won't challenge you. Haha. But when the shit hits the fan, I'll be there. And, while I like my acquaintances, I wouldn't go out of my way nearly as much for them. This is probably why I keep the list short by having high standards, I just don't have the time to devote myself to a lot of people.

Do other ENTJs feel as strongly about their close relationships?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Someone that won't judge you for what you say or do? Check.

I appreciate (as several already noted) the nonjudgmental attitude.

I enjoy never hearing "You know, what you should do is...."

Really :shock:

ENTJs have some awesome strengths but being non-judgmental is not something I've witnessed. I find they are often quick to judge, especially if they find someone incompetent, they're often logically correct in their judgements, but regardless their Te/Ni is quick on the judging.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Even if it's just because everybody thinks they're boring assholes who nag about clean houses :cheese:
Really? I actually admire the one and only ENTJ I've ever known. She's the most well-rounded, popular person I know. Successful. Pretty. I looked up to her as a kid, and am happy for the person she is.

I think you guys are pretty rare, right? :hug:

D

Dali

My current boss is an ENxJ (but I'm leaning more towards a T with a well-developed F).

He ROCKS.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
*pleaseturnintoalovethread, pleaseturnintoalovethread* :D

Do other ENTJs feel as strongly about their close relationships?

Yes. Definitely.

I am also a huge animal-suck like cat-guy, above.

River

flowing quietly by
MBTI Type
INxP
I like the ENTJ in theory. Yet to find one to play with.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I don't mind ENTJ's who have been brought up in the right way. I know a few ENTJ's who have been spoiled sick and they are filthy and absolutely insane and I can't stand them. However, I don't mind ENTJ's when they've been brought up normally.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One of my best friends in college was an ENTJ - she's awesome. I actually really admire her. I love her humor, drive, confidence, and sass. She's also one who loves to debate, so can be fun to watch - esp. since it's something I don't do. And she was definitely the center of attention in the engineering school as a result of all of these qualities!! Those engineering guys flocked to her. :wink: But I think she was a bit too much for most of them to handle.

I've also been really close friends with an enTJ for several yrs now, and know a third male ENTJ who's pretty interesting. I don't have any problems w/ the ones I know!

sculpting

I love ENTJs, well not as much as ENTPs but ENTJs kick organizational asses. Lots of them. THE MISSION SHALL NEVER BE STOPPED!!!!

ESTJs however should all go light themselves on fire in the parking lot. (sorry my absentee estj boss decided to contribute today)

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i dont know any entj. i just knew that one fat teenage guy, who looked a bit like bill hicks or russel crowe and wasn't ever friendly or sincere or honest, just a random prick.

on the other hand i know ken wilber, who is my personal jesus, but also beyond type
(i am just guessing that he is entj at the core)

so i assume the spectrum is broad....

also, i did have occasional fantasies about entj women with strapon dildos, but i cannot see, how i could possibly have any kind of realtionship to an entj (and i am not doing the slave thing for real).

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
they are filthy

That surprises me a little. I've noticed fastidiousness is a big trait in me and in most of the ENTJs I know. Wallowing in my own filth would make me craaaazeh.