• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Everybody hates the ENTJ

theplacesyoullgo

Love the thread title.

I'm an ENTJ. I feel like if I were any other N type, I'd love having an ENTJ as a friend... but as an ENTJ, it's hard to imagine myself being close with another ENTJ.

We are on the controlling side, but we're also extremely loyal and can provide pretty good analysis of a situation.

ENTJ Extraordinaire

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w1
true. i completely agree with you on that one Places.

i have always read that ENTJ naturally love other ENTJ, but to the best of my knowledge i have never met another ENTJ in real life, and that being said, its one of those things where i love the theory of it, but i can't help but feel it would just cause conflict. i guess its like anything, one of us would have to adopt a submissive role. i feel thats why i have alway got along rather well with INFJ because they really don't require me to take on any sort of submissive role as a friends. and yet in relationships i am very much attracted to ENTP, and i do find myself becoming very submissive in relationships.

but i just can't see myself becoming submissive to another ENTJ, the thought is scary, and i think that when i am around people like that i generally tend to be much more ENTJ, controlling and dominant. at least thats how i have always seen it happening. and when i am areound people that act much like an ETJ does then i notice that its very true, i become much more dominant than i normally am.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I can hardly stand these two ENTJs I know. They are siblings, and they are some of the most arrogant individauls I have ever met in my life- - they are the archetype of all the negative aspects of an ENTJ.

Other than those two, I have a very good friend that is an ENTJ, and there are four others I really like, and might even call friends ( I do not use the term liberally). My favorite uncle is also an ENT_.

ENTJ Extraordinaire

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w1
oh my god. a house of ENTJ? now that is a scary thought. THREE ENTJ GROWING UP IN THE SAME HOUSE IS A TERRIFYING THOUGHT!

and i guess you are naturally biased against siblings as we all are. not saying they aren't bad ENTJ types, i am just saying that it could be that the root of the problem is in the fact that 1) You are all ENTJ 2) you grew up in the same conditions 3) someone has to rule the roost. i am assuming that its not you if you view your siblings in that manner.

would you say you are the submissive when it comes to your siblings?

sculpting

I recently had an ENTJ-ENTJ example to watch in the workplace. One ENTJ hired another ENTJ. He then couldn't take the fact that she was so ENTJ she was taking over-amazingly well of course-and he fired her. However both created amazing amounts of progress while they were with us.

Later he got fired by an ENFP COO of all things because he was too mean. Karma.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I have an ENTJ friend.
He is cool.
I enjoy his company.

(If he isn't in a position of power that is.)

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
oh my god. a house of ENTJ? now that is a scary thought. THREE ENTJ GROWING UP IN THE SAME HOUSE IS A TERRIFYING THOUGHT!

They are siblings, but they aren't mine :D I have a wonderful INTJ Kee-brother, and my dad that is also an INTJ might as well be another kid. My poor ESFJ mother.

The lead litigator at the law firm I work for is an eNTJ, his wife that is also a partner is an ENtJ (social ENFJ, working ENTJ) and their son that got me the job is an ENTJ. He was my debate partner in High School and we would kill :) So there is an example of 3 ENTJs in one house, and they are a wonderful family.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I appreciate ENTJ's. You guys definitely have a strict, leadership ability which is very useful in life.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP + ENTJ relationship = INFP as the cat that rolls on it's back, you just HAVE to pet it. ENTJ as the human. :tongue:

theplacesyoullgo

Reading this thread made me think of what goes through my mind when forced into a group project: "The faster we all agree that I should be in charge of this, the faster we'll be done with it all." ;)

With that said, I think most ENTJ type descriptions are a little TOO heavy on the super leader stuff - almost seeming to imply that ENTJs control others for the fun of it. At least from my experience, I only have the desire to control a situation when it will prove beneficial to me. Some types tend to get exaggerated archetypes in descriptions (INFP as the healer, INFJ as the mystic), and the ENTJ is one of them.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pfft I am TOTALLY a healer and you guys are totally Field Marshals.

All the descriptions are usually exaggerated. As I always say to people who ask about MBTI, take it all with a grain of salt.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wrote something about this at INTPc: "Even ENTJs don't like ENTJs."

theplacesyoullgo

They may be all exaggerated, but I do think that some tend to be more one-note than others and lack a certain depth. Weirdly enough, I think SJ type descriptions tend to strike me as the most overall accurate, but now that I think about it, it may be because I don't understand them enough to know intricacies about them their descriptions also may ignore.

theplacesyoullgo

An easy way to spot an ENTJ: The person people are always asking "why are you so angry?" when s/he is, in his/her own mind, simply engaged in animated conversation.