• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Everybody hates the ENTJ

Sidewinder

MBTI Type
ISFP
Until then, the comments you are making have nothing to do with me, even though I'm an ENTJ.

That's actually the way I operate. As mentioned in my follow-ups, I'm cool with good ENTJs. I don't think they are all bad, and I felt I went out of my way not to overly generalize. I'm sure you're a great guy too. :yes:

Good ENTJSs are remarkable, and even the messed up ones can be interesting to know on a casual basis.

Rasputin

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I appreciate that, but my point is this: You're making it sound like the ENTJ somehow has the potential to be worse than other types, like their version of unhealthy is worse than that of other types, and that only the healthy ones are cool or acceptable, whereas for other types, they can be unhealthy as still be better than the ENTJ. I don't like saying one type's vices are worse than the next. Plus, I really don't think I'd be as bad as your describing if I was unhealthy. I'm also a one, so you have to take that into account. I'm also not the only ENTJ one.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I appreciate that, but my point is this: You're making it sound like the ENTJ somehow has the potential to be worse than other types, like their version of unhealthy is worse than that of other types, and that only the healthy ones are cool or acceptable, whereas for other types, they can be unhealthy as still be better than the ENTJ. I don't like saying one type's vices are worse than the next. Plus, I really don't think I'd be as bad as your describing if I was unhealthy. I'm also a one, so you have to take that into account. I'm also not the only ENTJ one.

It's just that the ENTJs tentacles tend to spread very wide indeed.

Rasputin

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I really don't even think my tentacles spread all that wide. Maybe it's because I'm only moderately extraverted, but my bad parts tend to impact people around me, like family and friends, and to a lesser extent at work (I always try to be professional at work). I don't try to dominate people just for the sake of it or to make myself feel big. I can be somewhat domineering when it comes to things being a certain way, I'm very particular about things. And if I'm under a lot of stress I can inadvertantly discharge that as anger toward others, though I tend to not realize the extent of it when I do that. I'm not a manager, I'm not an entrepreneur, I don't own my own business, and I'm not particularly computer savvy. I'm also not a drill sergeant and have never been in the military. I think these stereotypes are stupid.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sidewinder said:
Okay. Let me put it this way ... I think ENTJs may vary more in quality than most other types.

Disagree. 'Quality' varies to the same degree amongst all types, it's just that ones definition of 'quality' is going to vary based on ones own preferences and temperament. Someone who views Te in a more negative light is likely going to see great variance amongst Te-dom's, just as someone who views Fe or Fi in a negative light will see gaping differences and more 'unhealthiness' amongst dom's of those types.

I'll say though that I know a good 3 ENTJ's in real life, and they're all very well-rounded people who wouldn't come across abrasively or dictator-ish at all if they posted on here.

One thing I've noticed on here is that people who are really into their mbti type - wanting to 'prove' themselves as such - tend to play up their dominant traits much more than I think is truly natural. I wonder sometimes.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like ENTJs. I especially like listening to their nerd rants :D Also, when I'm around my ENTJ friend, I feel like I get smarter every second I talk to him. I always feel proud of myself when I can hold my own on any of his topics of choice, because he's such an expert, and he's so incredibly smart. So I'm always like "YES! :banana:"

Silencio

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Yeah, what about the enneatype one ENTJs? I regularly see that things should be done a certain way, people should or should not be doing certain things. And I think the ENTJ stereotype would probably be an eight with a three fix. Let me make that 8w7 with a three fix.

I'm 8W7 with a 3 and 8(tied) fix and I agree with most of disco's posts. I think the main difference is that 8w9's are a little more reserved than 8w7's. I don't think either 'fits the steriotype' more.

capricorn009

I'm used to people hating me...they thought because I was pretty meant I was
dumb, and because I was intelligent meant I cared about the kind of success y
ou got from sucking up to people. But on the plus side it makes you realize wh
ich relationships are jokes in life and which ones are worth it.

TheMonocle

It's in the eyes. There is something about the brow line of an ENTJ that I can spot a mile away. I can feel if there is one in the area... I insta-coy. I don't know why. Just natural reaction. There is no other personality type that makes me feel as naked as an ENTJ. Good thing I'm ok with my naked self.

Good things -
1) Most of those are in private. I like having a private world and keeping their secrets.
2) They are incredible gift givers. That's always surprised me. They can give you gifts that are so perfect and so touching that it makes you speechless. You just can't expect it to happen in a traditional manner.
3) Intensity. Wow.
4) Passionate. Add 3 and 4 together and you have fireworks.
5) There is no BS. If you need someone to cut to the core of an issue, this is the person you are looking for.
6) They will talk forever. Go forever. Constantly challenge your way of thinking. Inspire you to higher places. They can motivate like no other. See farther down the road than anyone I have ever encountered.
7) It's all hardcore. They think hardcore. They care hardcore. They play hardcore. They fire you up and send you charging into battle.
8) With people they care about #7 translates into being protective, thoughtful, and attentive.

Okay, that's enough. Someone will end up with a bighead. :)

I have four ENTJs in my life. Dad, Stepmom, Husband (borderline J/P) and Son. Can't swing a cat without hitting one and I love it!!

Salvadorabian

MBTI Type
infp
You take care of the people in your circle, you cook me meat, you're logical yet warm and passionate, you're easy to understand, your demeanor is really really hot, and you cook me meat.

Wow it's like you took the words right out of my brain.

ocean

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
67sx
I had an ENTJ boss who was also a banker and a prick. Very manipulative and deliberate body language, extremely self confident, really looked the part. His ESFP joker CEO foolishly bragged about his partner's convincing and showmanship abilities.

However, I managed to make him feel very uncomfortable by explaining in real time to other people present all the alpha male characteristics he was displaying from his body positions to the tone of voice to basically everything. He knew I could see right through it and it must have been a first because it took him completely off guard.

When he pointed his "convincing" leader bazooka at me and tried to manipulate me I saw right through it and kept restating my point asking for a straight answer, at that time he began to cross his legs and play with his pen.

I have intellectually f***ed this idiot from behind, in public, and it was so, much, fun.

Some ENTJs can be great no doubt but we all can suck when we're not developed and can't give our best to others. The particular way in which ENTJs suck when they're not spiritually developed is that they are arrogant overbearing creatures with very little depth.

I do want to meet ENTJ women. Most women are utterly boring and flat. Someone with character and confidence but not crazy or irrational is just ideal. I chatted with one once and we got along well but she was from... Macedonia.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nah, most of you ENTJs are just fine in my dog-earred book. (key word: most)

You guys are the most "candid" type, I think. You don't beat around the bush. Neither do ESTJs though...they only beat dead horses.