User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Until then, the comments you are making have nothing to do with me, even though I'm an ENTJ.
    That's actually the way I operate. As mentioned in my follow-ups, I'm cool with good ENTJs. I don't think they are all bad, and I felt I went out of my way not to overly generalize. I'm sure you're a great guy too.

Good ENTJSs are remarkable, and even the messed up ones can be interesting to know on a casual basis.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I appreciate that, but my point is this: You're making it sound like the ENTJ somehow has the potential to be worse than other types, like their version of unhealthy is worse than that of other types, and that only the healthy ones are cool or acceptable, whereas for other types, they can be unhealthy as still be better than the ENTJ. I don't like saying one type's vices are worse than the next. Plus, I really don't think I'd be as bad as your describing if I was unhealthy. I'm also a one, so you have to take that into account. I'm also not the only ENTJ one.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I appreciate that, but my point is this: You're making it sound like the ENTJ somehow has the potential to be worse than other types, like their version of unhealthy is worse than that of other types, and that only the healthy ones are cool or acceptable, whereas for other types, they can be unhealthy as still be better than the ENTJ. I don't like saying one type's vices are worse than the next. Plus, I really don't think I'd be as bad as your describing if I was unhealthy. I'm also a one, so you have to take that into account. I'm also not the only ENTJ one.
    It's just that the ENTJs tentacles tend to spread very wide indeed.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I really don't even think my tentacles spread all that wide. Maybe it's because I'm only moderately extraverted, but my bad parts tend to impact people around me, like family and friends, and to a lesser extent at work (I always try to be professional at work). I don't try to dominate people just for the sake of it or to make myself feel big. I can be somewhat domineering when it comes to things being a certain way, I'm very particular about things. And if I'm under a lot of stress I can inadvertantly discharge that as anger toward others, though I tend to not realize the extent of it when I do that. I'm not a manager, I'm not an entrepreneur, I don't own my own business, and I'm not particularly computer savvy. I'm also not a drill sergeant and have never been in the military. I think these stereotypes are stupid.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    Okay. Let me put it this way ... I think ENTJs may vary more in quality than most other types.
    Disagree. 'Quality' varies to the same degree amongst all types, it's just that ones definition of 'quality' is going to vary based on ones own preferences and temperament. Someone who views Te in a more negative light is likely going to see great variance amongst Te-dom's, just as someone who views Fe or Fi in a negative light will see gaping differences and more 'unhealthiness' amongst dom's of those types.

I'll say though that I know a good 3 ENTJ's in real life, and they're all very well-rounded people who wouldn't come across abrasively or dictator-ish at all if they posted on here.

One thing I've noticed on here is that people who are really into their mbti type - wanting to 'prove' themselves as such - tend to play up their dominant traits much more than I think is truly natural. I wonder sometimes.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

People hate ENTJs?? Huhhh???

No way.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I like ENTJs. I especially like listening to their nerd rants Also, when I'm around my ENTJ friend, I feel like I get smarter every second I talk to him. I always feel proud of myself when I can hold my own on any of his topics of choice, because he's such an expert, and he's so incredibly smart. So I'm always like "YES! "
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

ENTJs suck! Those bastards!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    lick

Yeah, what about the enneatype one ENTJs? I regularly see that things should be done a certain way, people should or should not be doing certain things. And I think the ENTJ stereotype would probably be an eight with a three fix. Let me make that 8w7 with a three fix.
    I'm 8W7 with a 3 and 8(tied) fix and I agree with most of disco's posts. I think the main difference is that 8w9's are a little more reserved than 8w7's. I don't think either 'fits the steriotype' more.

I'm used to people hating me...they thought because I was pretty meant I was
    dumb, and because I was intelligent meant I cared about the kind of success y
    ou got from sucking up to people. But on the plus side it makes you realize wh
    ich relationships are jokes in life and which ones are worth it.