• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] How do you pursue an ENTJ?

Marc790

MBTI Type
ENTP
Sorry I am so late to this discussion, but I felt like I needed to weigh in.

Pursuing us is pretty damn easy - just be smart, independent and ambitious, and at the same time, have some introspective ideas, and then bam! That's it. Altruism and compassion would also be hot. I think this works for both women and men who are ENTJs.

Most importantly, be honest and don't say anything stupid. One time, I was have this coffee with a woman as a first date, and she started making a joke about homeless people, calling them "bums." I gave her a pass.

But then she started making comments about the "lack of cheerleaders" at the Olympics, and right then and there, I ended the date.

So, yeah - don't say anything inane.

Above all: don't appear needy! Oh, and never say, "I don't know" to a "What do you think of ..." question.

Lastly, as the relationship progresses, learn to be sexually adventurous! Include roleplay!

That is all!

G'luck!

[/I]

juggernaut

Permabanned
uhhh, yeah...so, again, Blackcat, any advice you get from a male ENTJ should be taken with a grain of salt. Bust out the french maid outfit with one of your lady friends and I'm pretty sure you'll find yourself getting a firm "no thanks" at the very least. You might want to reread the post on ENTJ sex for further clarification of why this is probably a bad suggestion. Male ENTJs are clearly a different sort of animal in many ways.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
uhhh, yeah...so, again, Blackcat, any advice you get from a male ENTJ should be taken with a grain of salt. Bust out the french maid outfit with one of your lady friends and I'm pretty sure you'll find yourself getting a firm "no thanks" at the very least. You might want to reread the post on ENTJ sex for further clarification of why this is probably a bad suggestion. Male ENTJs are clearly a different sort of animal in many ways.

Indeed. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing anyway, it's just nice getting more and more information (I'm a P afterall).

Plenty of female INFPs to take this advice as well. :D

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Sorry I am so late to this discussion, but I felt like I needed to weigh in.

Pursuing us is pretty damn easy - just be smart, independent and ambitious, and at the same time, have some introspective ideas, and then bam! That's it. Altruism and compassion would also be hot. I think this works for both women and men who are ENTJs.

Most importantly, be honest and don't say anything stupid. One time, I was have this coffee with a woman as a first date, and she started making a joke about homeless people, calling them "bums." I gave her a pass.

But then she started making comments about the "lack of cheerleaders" at the Olympics, and right then and there, I ended the date.

So, yeah - don't say anything inane.

Above all: don't appear needy! Oh, and never say, "I don't know" to a "What do you think of ..." question.

Lastly, as the relationship progresses, learn to be sexually adventurous! Include roleplay!

That is all!

G'luck!

[/I]

A lot of this wouldn't apply to me. I don't need indipendent and ambitious, for example. Ambitious would especially be troublesome, since I'm not extremely ambitious myself.

juggernaut

Permabanned
I think it's safe to say we've got a troll in our midst.

Blackcat, you will be fine and I'm sure you will find yourself a lovely ENTJ lady at some point. You know enough of us to have a pretty good sense of what we're like. Ignore the useless information you get from people who don't know what they're talking about (FDG, I'm not referring to you).

Harlow_Jem

MBTI Type
eNTJ
Enneagram
8w9
jesus. stop carrying the beef started from other threads into unrelated threads.

As an ENTJ female I would like to be pursued in a manner that doesn't threaten my independence nor will I tolerate any game-playing. I don't like when men pursue me in a predator-like style, though I notice that I tend to pursue them that way. I like men who are quietly confident, straightforward, and are driven and manifested by secret passions. Most of the men I find most attractive are the confident, eccentric loner types that inherently exude a sort of unmistakeable individuality that sets them apart from the crowd (CHRISTOPHER WALKEN).

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
As an ENTJ female I would like to be pursued in a manner that doesn't threaten my independence nor will I tolerate any game-playing. I don't like when men pursue me in a predator-like style, though I notice that I tend to pursue them that way. I like men who are quietly confident, straightforward, and are driven and manifested by secret passions. Most of the men I find most attractive are the confident, eccentric loner types that inherently exude a sort of unmistakeable individuality that sets them apart from the crowd.

Agreed.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I like men who are quietly confident, straightforward, and are driven and manifested by secret passions.

Agreed!

Oh, and never say, "I don't know" to a "What do you think of ..." question.

Disagreed. Not knowing something is perfectly fine, and can be an admirable thing to admit, I think. I'd take an "I don't know" response as a chance to explore the subject further.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'd take an "I don't know" response as a chance to explore the subject further.

Definitely. And also, I highly value honesty and integrity. When someone is not being genuine, that just sets me right off. So, if I'm having a conversation with someone, and I'm asking him "what do you think about that ---?" And he honestly doesn't know, have an opinion about the subject, or if he's simply unsure what he thinks. I'd rather he respond "I don't know" than lie or make something up, just to impress me.

Vanitas

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do not come off as stupid, needy, whiny, noisy, nagging, annoying or otherwise a waste of time and/or effort.

Including running, actually. I might chase and pounce, but wouldn't keep around unless the person is.. particularly suitable. If later I realize that I don't really like him/her, maybe a bit miffed because that person led me into a goose chase and purposely will make him/her suffer a bit before letting go.

I mean, be yourself and keep it straightforward. If an ENTJ doesn't seem interested then move on. It's better than putting a face and trying to deceive them; better fail than succeeding and being found out. Really. ; )