• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] How do you pursue an ENTJ?

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
1. healthy ESFJ + ENTJ isnt THAT bad (basing this on a good ESFJ platonic friend)... worst romantic match i could think of would be ESTJ or ISFP

2. i think ENTJ ENFP is a faaaaar better match than INFP... the ENTJ is likely to just be WAAAAY too intense for most introverts...

We're pretty spontaneous, but we're still TJs... ENFPs might be a bit too much 'P' for us to handle.
We'd get all J on their ass while they're basically E7 spirits, hating it...

But ENFP's are so cute though :D

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We're pretty spontaneous, but we're still TJs... ENFPs might be a bit too much 'P' for us to handle.
We'd get all J on their ass while they're basically E7 spirits, hating it...

But ENFP's are so cute though :D

ya but when ENTJs arent "in the zone" and being crazy "im on a mission dammit!" we can kind of be like psudo ENXPs...

ENTJs need to learn to relax...but not in the ISFP shadow sort of relax...we need to learn to relax in that ENXP sort of way--> its easier to "learn to direct our intensity to fun craziness" than it is to "learn to direct our intensity to calmness"

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Out of sheer curiosity, what does he do for work? I'm keeping this in the thread, since being passionate about your work is clearly one of the ways to win over an ENTJ, so I consider it still on topic. Yes-siree.

He's a director (mainly theatre, some film). It doesn't matter what someone is good at/passionate about to me, though, as long as there's something. It's a *very* attractive trait.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Reviving this thread.

The situation in the OP is non existent... I guess for now just turn this into an advice thread for those of us that want to snatch an ENTJ.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
With huge Battlemechs

Wallpaper_Mechwarrior_Battletech_Storms_Of_Fate_1024x976.jpg

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
Reviving this thread.

The situation in the OP is non existent... I guess for now just turn this into an advice thread for those of us that want to snatch an ENTJ.

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately I have no advice as, first - it would be a reversal of gender, and second - there was never a plan. Quite the opposite.

Then again, maybe that would be the best advice.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately I have no advice as, first - it would be a reversal of gender, and second - there was never a plan. Quite the opposite.

Then again, maybe that would be the best advice.

Not having a plan is usually the best plan when going into romance.

R

Riva

you don't pursue an ENTJ, an ENTJ pursues you.

male ENTJ motto -

"Resistance is futile. I'll hunt you down till you say YES!"

ENTJ female - i don't know.

juggernaut

Permabanned
This is probably going to sound awful, but why in god's name would a man want an ENTJ female? I understand pursuing a woman that you think is attractive or interesting then finding out she's an ENTJ, and being okay with it. I can't imagine why a man would intentionally seek an ENTJ partner, however. It's just such a painful female type to live with so much of the time. Male ENTJs at least have the whole "uber male" thing going on, but who wants an "uber male" female?

Again, apologies to my fellow ENTJ girls, I'm sure you're all awesome. I just do not understand what would possess any man to set out with intention of making one of us his mate.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I'm an ENTJ male, and in the case I am interested in you and I haven't approached you yet (I tend to make the first move, due to impatience), then the best way would be to be completely direct, something like "Hey dude, I think you're hot/I like you, let's have a date". This works if I'm interested, if I'm not interested, then nothing works.

juggernaut

Permabanned
^I'm not sure how well that would go over with most ENTJ females. I generally recoil from this sort of approach, even if I do like the person. I do like someone who takes the time to let me know my thoughts/presence is appreciated, but the "you're hot/I like you" from someone I don't really know puts me on the defensive pretty quickly.

Blackcat, is there some reason you want an ENTJ female in particular?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
^I'm not sure how well that would go over with most ENTJ females. I generally recoil from this sort of approach, even if I do like the person. I do like someone who takes the time to let me know my thoughts/presence is appreciated, but the "you're hot/I like you" from someone I don't really know puts me on the defensive pretty quickly.

You're right, of course, courting a woman is quite different from courting a man, but I did not know the sex of Black Cat eheh

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Blackcat, is there some reason you want an ENTJ female in particular?

The ones I've met have been wonderful. I've gotten along with them very well, and I accept the "alpha female" attitude (taking that with a grain of salt... this term is misused constantly). I have found that I have an over developed T side of myself for an INFP, and that the ENTJs I know reinforce this pretty well from my interactions with them. I will be talking and apply some sort of logic to it, then lo and behold the ENTJ I'm talking to will pipe up with something brilliant to expand on that that I didn't think of before. If it's a female in my mind I will be thinking "Oh really now? :wubbie:"

The whole "intimidating" quality that people see ENTJs as having just doesn't really phase me. I usually see right through it (if it's even there). The up front style of communication is refreshing to me, and I tend to be an up front person as well. Other than that... There's just something about you people that makes me super attracted. The chemistry I've had mentally is great (With both male and females). The ones I've met have been cool (when healthy of course), and we enjoy each other's company.

Maybe I'm just weird, masochistic, or something. I hear horror stories about ENTJs from INFPs, and I'm like :huh: when I hear about how things went wrong and stuff, since most of the problems the INFP had in the relationship I can't relate to (this was about general interaction and stuff, not anything relationship specific).

I did not know the sex of Black Cat eheh

See my sig. :)

sunset5678

MBTI Type
XNTJ
Lol...that is the thing about ENTJs, even though they are social and extraverts they are 'lone wolfs' because they are so goal oriented and
into pushing limits to prove they can do things not everybody thinks
they can do...I don't think it can be done. I've had several people pu-
rsue me because they were used to being take charge and starting
cliques or guys that just dated who was available and were technically
'jokes' and I eluded every one of them. they are leaders, just not every-
one follows. best way to pursue an entj and get them romantically int-
erested in you is to talk about things that actually interest you and
things that interest them intellectually because they find conversations
where people are 'for real' more stimulating than someone that just tells
them what they think they want to hear.

heart

heart on fire
How do you pursue an ENTJ?

Run and trigger the pounce instinct?

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP

Run and trigger the pounce instinct?

Bingo. But you could be setting yourself up for cat and mouse.

My ENTJ neighbor was lying in wait on his porch when I got home last night so there was no chance of sneaking past. But he was waiting with a gin and tonic. Which, after a doom-and-gloom university budget update meeting, was greatly appreciated. In fact, I could get used to that. There's just never any guarantee it will continue.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
*sigh*

I wish I could remember, cos my ones are all gone AWOL and right now I could really use one... :(

Helios

MBTI Type
INTP
I need some suggestions. I've been talking to someone for a little while that I met over the net that lives nearby. It was on a website for match-making, I've pretty much typed her as ENTJ or possibly ESTJ, but she said she loves deep conversations and theory. So I'm going with ENTJ. She said she went on there for "friends" but also mentioned "meeting someone."

Any suggestions? Anything would be appreciated.

You run in the opposite direction.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So basically what I'm getting out of this is if I act like myself (all of this advice pertains to how I typically act) then I will be fine.